GUILTY IN - Salem, Washington Co, BlkMale 5-8, PMI approx 1 week, wooded area near roadway, Apr'22 - Cairo Ammar Jordan *1 guilty* *Mother arrested 2024*

Most likely is that LE is following strong investigative leads and don't feel like they need the public's help in this case.

I'm wondering/hoping this too. Am wondering if there's a possibility that someone came forward right away about who they suspected this child may be, and that from the beginning, police have had a set of parents or caregivers on their radar and are trying to build a case. That's the only thing I can think of otherwise I can't imagine police not wanting to get this child's photo / sketch out there and get him identified.

I'm wondering/hoping this too. Am wondering if there's a possibility that someone came forward right away about who they suspected this child may be, and that from the beginning, police have had a set of parents or caregivers on their radar and are trying to build a case. That's the only thing I can think of otherwise I can't imagine police not wanting to get this child's photo / sketch out there and get him identified.

That's a good point; they could be waiting on DNA confirmation or something related to the investigation.

Can you find a link for this? I went back through the thread and had no luck. TIA!
I remember it being in a video from a news site that had an interview with the person who discovered the body.

"Schweitzer said they working with ISP on this investigation. They have many resources available to help forward the investigation, including a forensic artist who can do facial reconstruction, analytical and forensic resources that help test evidence."

"... Huls said they should bear in mind that each tip must be verified by investigators, and because they cannot risk jeopardizing the case, police are not publishing a sketch of what the child likely looked like at this time."

Another thing:
He died from an electrolyte imbalance.

"most likely caused by gastroenteritis, which in common laymans' terms would be vomiting and diarrhea. And that resulted in dehydration."

MOO, the lack of abuse/trauma and it being likely a death from illness seems like it would be more likely to preclude things like him being a human trafficking victim (which I think was a theory thrown around earlier in this thread given the suitcase and proximity to interstate travel center hubs). I can't help but think whatever comes out of this is going to have a Weird™ or unexpected backstory.

<MOO>Kind of wondering if this child isn't a documented citizen and they're concerned with flight risk of the suspected parents if people close to them are able to identify him. And by "not documented" I could see a couple of different angles to look at that from:

1) Also undocumented parents--something mentioned earlier in this thread, that maybe they didn't seek care for the child out of fear of being found out as non-legal immigrants. Maybe very recent immigrants too? Still living out of suitcases, including this one, still traveling to a final destination even.
2) US citizen parents who had a child outside of a hospital setting and have never registered him with a birth certificate, etc. Which is the more Weird™ potential backstory where making guesses on what happened here way more difficult. </MOO>

Last edited:
So it could be something like a cleft palate?
MOO, the lack of abuse/trauma and it being likely a death from illness seems like it would be more likely to preclude things like him being a human trafficking victim (which I think was a theory thrown around earlier in this thread given the suitcase and proximity to interstate travel center hubs). I can't help but think whatever comes out of this is going to have a Weird™ or unexpected backstory.

<MOO>Kind of wondering if this child isn't a documented citizen and they're concerned with flight risk of the suspected parents if people close to them are able to identify him. And by "not documented" I could see a couple of different angles to look at that from: 1) also undocumented parents--something mentioned earlier in this thread, that maybe they didn't seek care for the child out of fear of being found out as non-legal immigrants. 2) US citizen parents who had a child outside of a hospital setting and have never registered him with a birth certificate, etc. Which is the more Weird™ potential backstory where making guesses on what happened here way more difficult. </MOO>

Abuse/neglect.
The child DIED of dehydration/vomitting/diarrhea. Not in a hospital, a doctors office or other medical setting. Stuffed in a suitcase and ditched, and remains unclaimed. I think, despite the lack of trauma or injuries to the body, this child was a victim of abuse/neglect.

Edited to add: Not ruling out traveling parents or undocumented immigrant parents. Just having a difficult time believing that a child isn't an abuse victim despite no injuries to the body. He was at least neglected- especially towards the very end of his life.

Last edited:
Abuse/neglect.
The child DIED of dehydration/vomitting/diarrhea. Not in a hospital, a doctors office or other medical setting. Stuffed in a suitcase and ditched, and remains unclaimed. I think, despite the lack of trauma or injuries to the body, this child was a victim of abuse/neglect.

Edited to add: Not ruling out traveling parents or undocumented immigrant parents. Just having a difficult time believing that a child isn't an abuse victim despite no injuries to the body. He was at least neglected- especially towards the very end of his life.
Children's bodies don't always follow the same disease timeline an adult's would, so dehydration can set in super quickly. Ditto for stomach flu. The sufferer is vomiting and having diarrhea, but they're also sweating a ton because of their fever.

I can't find exactly what "electrolyte imbalance" he had, though. It's not uncommon for children to develop hyponatremia, or too little sodium in the body, with gastroenteritis. Even--maybe even especially--with well-cared-for kids. Imagine this: Kid has been sick all day, sweating, no appetite or thirst from the vomiting, and eventually their caregiver gets them to drink a glass of water. Then their body suddenly remembers it's dehydrated and they drink more and more water until they're no longer thirsty. A few hours later, their nausea comes back and they're tired, so their caregiver sends them to bed. The next morning the child is gone; the nausea and fatigue was actually the onset of hyponatremia. It can be that simple.

Children's bodies don't always follow the same disease timeline an adult's would, so dehydration can set in super quickly. Ditto for stomach flu. The sufferer is vomiting and having diarrhea, but they're also sweating a ton because of their fever.

I can't find exactly what "electrolyte imbalance" he had, though. It's not uncommon for children to develop hyponatremia, or too little sodium in the body, with gastroenteritis. Even--maybe even especially--with well-cared-for kids. Imagine this: Kid has been sick all day, sweating, no appetite or thirst from the vomiting, and eventually their caregiver gets them to drink a glass of water. Then their body suddenly remembers it's dehydrated and they drink more and more water until they're no longer thirsty. A few hours later, their nausea comes back and they're tired, so their caregiver sends them to bed. The next morning the child is gone; the nausea and fatigue was actually the onset of hyponatremia. It can be that simple.

I don't doubt that sickness can be that sudden or simple. Where it does get very complex, for me, is that the child was then stuffed into a suitcase, thrown out like literal garbage, and months later, still remains unclaimed. Not exactly the actions of normal, loving & caring parents in terms of parental care, medical emergencies, or burial and death process.

I saw an Instagram post recently posted by the NCMEC featuring one of their facial recon artists. She's recreating the face of an unidentified boy. Could he be this one?
The most recent post on the NCMEC Instagram featuring a skull reconstruction doesn't show enough to definitely prove that it would be this doe. ( POST: NCMEC on Instagram: "Meet Paloma, one of our amazing forensic artists here at #NCMEC! Check out more of her amazing work @GalziForensics #forensicartist #skullreconstruction #Forensics" )

There was another video of an artist creating this doe's reconstructions.

State police plan to release new details in case of 5-year-old boy found dead in suitcase in southern Indiana​

Major developments are expected to be announced Wednesday in the case of a 5-year-old boy found dead earlier this year in a suitcase in rural southern Indiana.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLAM
Back