GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From IndyStar.

SPENCER — Her son shook her awake frantically Wednesday morning, yelling to see if she had her 1-year-old granddaughter, Shaylyn, Tamera Morgan said.

"He yelled, 'Mom, do you have Shaylyn?'" Morgan said. "I said, 'Of course I do not have her.

"I went directly to her bed. It was empty."

That was about 30 hours ago.

Shaylyn Ammerman has not yet been found after she disappeared from her crib. She was last seen sometime before 9 a.m. Wednesday.

Morgan said she put Shaylyn to bed in her home in the 400 block of West Jefferson Street in Spencer around 8 p.m. on Tuesday. She said she continuously checked on the child until about 1:30 a.m. Then she went to bed.

Shaylyn's father Justin Ammerman was in the home that night, along with his brother, father and a friend, Morgan said.

<modsnip>

Twenty-five years ago, the woman's 7-year-old son was murdered in Wyoming. She declined to give her name, saying she made a vow to her mother that she would never again have her name in the news after her face was plastered across television stations and the local newspaper.

"It's hard to sleep," the woman said. "So many women have been there. We've either buried our children, or our children have come up missing."

Another neighbor, Mary Williams, said she doesn't know the family, but said they were usually quiet. The residents of the home would sometimes drop by to borrow a leaf blower, she said. Williams said an older woman lives there with her grown sons.

"I'm so upset over that little girl," Williams said.

<modsnip>

Anyone with information about the child's whereabouts can call the Indiana State Police at the Bloomington post at (812) 332-4411.

<Edited by tlcya to add link http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ues-1-year-old-girl-missing-spencer/82206078/ >

I do find it interesting in that Indy star article it mentions that the house next door is a group home, I wonder what kind?

I do find it interesting in that Indy star article it mentions that the house next door is a group home, I wonder what kind?

I would think/hope that any kind of group home would have tight security, especially at night.

Glad to get it clarified. Yes I was thinking half way house, BUT if its some kind of managed care perhaps facility would have security cameras?

Glad to get it clarified. Yes I was thinking half way house, BUT if its some kind of managed care perhaps facility would have security cameras?

I wonder if LE has looked into the group home having security cameras!
eta: Maybe one would have been pointed towards where Shaylyn was staying!

Interview with Shaylyn's mom. I mistook her for the grandmother earlier - she seems a bit older. To be clear, she was not at the house when Shaylyn disappeared - she and the dad are separated and share custody.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...deo_0c33aff6-f1fa-11e5-92fd-73ab38d9f04a.html

More video from yesterday. I'm linking it because it includes dad and grandma talking about an abduction. I wonder if Shaylyn's mom agrees from her own opinion or if she's gotten swept up in the abduction theory because of dad and grandma.

http://cbs4indy.com/2016/03/23/spencer-police-search-for-missing-one-year-old-girl/

LE hasn't declared this an abduction as far as I know.

I would think/hope that any kind of group home would have tight security, especially at night.

You'd think they definitely should! I don't know about Indiana, but I have a friend here in Louisiana, who runs/owns a small group home. Two actually. The only security besides a caretaker on premises, is in the selection of the clients he accepts into the homes. The "rules" are shockingly lax, here at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Also, the part that strikes me as so odd is the whole deal with the dad's family thinking this is "retaliation". What have they done that someone would retaliate by taking your child!??

Hatfields and McCoys.

You'd think they definitely should! I don't know about Indiana, but I have a friend here in Louisiana, who runs/owns a small group home. Two actually. The only security besides a caretaker on premises, is in the selection of the clients he accepts into the homes. The "rules" are shockingly lax, here at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cousin is mentally challenged and has been in a few group homes for years. His have always had tight security but it probably varies from town to town and state to state depending on what type of residents live there.

Interview with Shaylyn's mom. I mistook her for the grandmother earlier - she seems a bit older. To be clear, she was not at the house when Shaylyn disappeared - she and the dad are separated and share custody.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...deo_0c33aff6-f1fa-11e5-92fd-73ab38d9f04a.html

More video from yesterday. I'm linking it because it includes dad and grandma talking about an abduction. I wonder if Shaylyn's mom agrees from her own opinion or if she's gotten swept up in the abduction theory because of dad and grandma.

http://cbs4indy.com/2016/03/23/spencer-police-search-for-missing-one-year-old-girl/

LE hasn't declared this an abduction as far as I know.

I also thought the baby's mama was the grandma at first!

When DeOrr's thread was closed, I told myself I wasn't going to get emotionally invested in another case but this beautiful little girl's face almost brings me to tears. Let's hope this has a very happy resolution very soon! I'm half sick to my stomach though, thinking the worse.

I'm sure dad and grandma know where this baby is at. MOO

Contradictory within the article even...

Morgan said she put Shaylyn to bed in her home in the 400 block of West Jefferson Street in Spencer*around 8 p.m. on Tuesday.*

And toward the end...

Justin Ammerman, the girl's father,*told police his mother put the child down for bed just before midnight Tuesday*

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member