Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #22 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A random question but did she stab him 29 times plus slit his throat or is that included in the 29?

I'm not sure on this, but since it was always mentioned as a separate injury, I would assume that it's not considered one of the stab wounds. I don't think I'd classify slashing someone's throat as a stab wound per se, either, but that's just my personal opinion, so I could be wrong.

Most of us that grew up in the 60's, 70's, 80's were spanked, grounded, or yelled at. I'm heading towards the big 5-0 and remember being disciplined. The worst was when I shoplifted (never did that again). But for the most part, I didn't want to dissapoint my parents. I didn't have a hissy fit when they never came to my Cross Country events, or sent me to church every Sunday while they stayed home in bed. It's just the way it was in our house. My mom wasn't a beater or a spanker, but let me tell ya, she was a great slipper thrower! I could be running for the hills, and she'd hit me in the head every time. If there was an olympic event for taking off your slipper and hitting someone in the head - mom would have won the gold. I laughed every time, and that only upset her more!

So you can understand why I have no sympathy for Jodi on the stand. Millions of kids grew up the being disciplined...or worse. Wooden spoon or not, it gives her NO excuse to slaughter another human being. Most of us went on to be kind and respecful citizens because our parents made it clear what was right and what was wrong.

MOO

Mel

What is the over/under on whether or not JA breaks down and cries during cross? As if she is being attacked, cowering from the big evil man trying to do her harm?

Anne Rice is not that sadomasocist. More like like goth romance. Not defending Arias, rather defending Anne Rice. Her work post vampire is horrible IMO.

Someone from the other thread said something like the popular thing to do is to hate Jodi.

I don't know that I hate her. She makes it very very hard to like her or even have any empathy for her. And I sure as hell wouldn't set her up with my brother or any of my friends on a date.

Quite frankly, she is hard to like. Not only did she murder someone in a horrific manner, she comes across as arrogant, self-serving and emotionless. She invaded the privacy of those she claimed to love and stalked them when she was rebuffed. She would also terrorize the people that her ex was currently seeing. I feel nothing for her, her petty jealousy put her in the position she is in. She did it to herself and she deserves the fallout, i.e. the general dislike of her by 95% of the population.

I think that 29 is the TOTAL of stab wounds, including the throat wound.

Most of us that grew up in the 60's, 70's, 80's were spanked, grounded, or yelled at. I'm heading towards the big 5-0 and remember being disciplined. The worst was when I shoplifted (never did that again). But for the most part, I didn't want to dissapoint my parents. I didn't have a hissy fit when they never came to my Cross Country events, or sent me to church every Sunday while they stayed home in bed. It's just the way it was in our house. My mom wasn't a beater or a spanker, but let me tell ya, she was a great slipper thrower! I could be running for the hills, and she'd hit me in the head every time. If there was an olympic event for taking off your slipper and hitting someone in the head - mom would have won the gold. I laughed every time, and that only upset her more!

So you can understand why I have no sympathy for Jodi on the stand. Millions of kids grew up the being disciplined...or worse. Wooden spoon or not, it gives her NO excuse to slaughter another human being. Most of us went on to be kind and respecful citizens because our parents made it clear what was right and what was wrong.

MOO

Mel

yes - I too loved my parents and did not want to disappoint them.

It's not obvious to me anything dreadful happened to Jodi in her childhood. It's entirely possible she was born defective.

She lied before ... Why would I believe her now? She's established that she's willing to say anything to save herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcomE back my fellow newjerzian......you missed it here yesterday!

Also some post referenced the spoon on JA's head gif......LMAO...that chit was too funny and I hope to see it numerous times today.
She IMO was NOT a victim of child abuse puleeze.

BBM - and THIS....*THIS* is her life and death struggle. It was NOT on the day Travis died....IMHO

Well said!

I can't help but wonder if gender roles were reversed if anyone at all would concern themselves trying to figure out the whys and seriously buying into "I was whacked with a spoon in my childhood" as a reason or defense for slaughtering another human being.

I see a lot of gender bias. IMO

I'm really starting to believe that every time Jodi starts off her response to a question with "Um", that she is formulating the lie she will tell as part of her answer... And she says "Um" a LOT.

I believe it's human nature to attempt to reconcile Jodi's actions against our own personal histories. As sentient, empathetic individuals its only normal to attempt to define or understand what is, to many, anomalous.

I'm not attempting to 'make light' of Jodi's perceived abuse but I believe she gives much weight to the nature aspect of the nature versus nurture argument of disordered personalities. After living with someone who was disordered whose childhood was beyond depraved, cruel, and humiliating. (From hanging urine soaked bedsheets outside for his friends to see; to keeping Christmas presents until the following August; to beatings severe enough to have him in the ER more than a dozen times in a year alone; to forcing him to eat his own vomit after being sick in his dinner and everything imaginable in between. He was eventually removed from his home but too long after the damage had been incurred.)

MOO

From the last thread and the Anne Rice references -- the sadomasochistic books (if they are, and I have no reason to doubt it, just haven't read them) are completely different than the vampire themed ones, of which Interview with the Vampire is the most famous. The latter are classified as "gothic horror" and are the ones Jodi is referring to. Idk if she's even read the others because Anne Rice was much more famous for the gothic horror genre. I think she wrote erotica (or at least most of it) under a different name even. I think it's a huge leap to say Jodi got sadomasochism from Anne Rice and brought it to Travis from that source. I've read all of the Anne Rice gothic horror tales and never even glanced at any of the erotica. Yet I still have a fair amount of knowledge about S&M acquired mostly from pop culture references. jmo

I don't think she got the S & M from Anne Rice. Someone wanted to know who she was and I gave a general rundown of what she wrote. :D

MOO

Mel

BBM. That bolded part conveys my feelings on this whole testimony so far so well. Being disciplined like that by your parents is no excuse for committing a heinous murder.
Of course physical abuse plays a part in character development, but I personally simply don't accept it as a justification for committing a murder.

I'm really starting to believe that every time Jodi starts off her response to a question with "Um", that she is formulating the lie she will tell as part of her answer... And she says "Um" a LOT.

I expect the ummmms to greatly increase and her phenomenal memory to decrease on cross!

MOO

Mel

I agree. 54 y/o here and I remember having to go out to a bush and pick a switch. OUch! I did spank my kids, and I was racking my brain yesterday thinking that I MIGHT have used a wooden spoon a time or two. My mom used a fly swatter as well! When I misbehaved at the grocery store I remember her leaning close and saying “just wait until I get you home”....that always struck terror in my heart, because she never forgot! I, on the other hand, was not a strong disciplinarian with my kids. I used to carry a thin belt with me and lay it on the seat of the grocery cart. I would snap it to make a noise, but rarely used it. In fact, I could probably count on both hands the number of times I actually spanked my kids. And my daughter, now 24 says that she and her brother used to “act” like it hurt, but then they would go upstairs and laugh.

Child abuse? I hardly think so. Of course, times have changed, and if you were to do that in this day and time you most likely would be reported to DFS or have 911 called on you.

ETA: I have never felt the need to kill someone, simply because I got spanked while growing up. Neither have my kids.

We don't know why Jodi was held back in kindergarten. Nurmi never asked.

For all we know Jodi's parents may have requested it and that might be the reason it wasn't asked.

I expect the ummmms to greatly increase and her phenomenal memory to decrease on cross!

Agreed. Like how she gets instant amnesia when it comes to talking about her sex life. :floorlaugh:

I think you are right-and she will end up curled in her chair trying to fend off big bad Juan Martinez. I hope he pulverizes her!

I personally expect her memory to be phenomenal only concerning aspects that don't incriminate her. ;)
For everything else, I think you're right and we're going to hear a lot of "I don't remember"-variations...

well hells bells -

I just got moved up front..... I cant watch the trial this afternoon.

Im going to stomp around pouting all day. :(

Ill need you guys to get me through today PLEASE!!!! Of all days! boooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members