Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
KCL,

You don't find it odd that immediately post-divorce, a woman's first instinct is to "run to Travis to rekindle"?

If they were just good pals?

I am divorced and honestly, my first thoughts were of putting my life in order, not running to men with whom I had only a platonic relationship.

I know every person operates differently so I am not judging, AT ALL, but merely questioning.

It seems odd. But maybe my choices would seem odd to Elisha.

I found it strange also. When I was Mormon it would have not been proper to live with or even rent a room to a member of the opposite sex. We were to "avoid the appearance of evil". Some members won't even be seen with a Starbucks cup. Travis went to Starbucks and by having Elisha stay with him, he sounds like he was a bit liberal. In fact, missionaries will not baptize anyone living with the opposite sex...even if they live with an ex-husband or ex-wife due to economic circumstances or children living in the home. That is how strict they are.

KCL,

You don't find it odd that immediately post-divorce, a woman's first instinct is to "run to Travis to rekindle"?

If they were just good pals?

I am divorced and honestly, my first thoughts were of putting my life in order, not running to men with whom I had only a platonic relationship.

I know every person operates differently so I am not judging, AT ALL, but merely questioning.

It seems odd. But maybe my choices would seem odd to Elisha.

When I was in the hospital after a horrible beating from my ex it was my best male friend in the world who went to my home, packed up some things and set me up a place to stay with him for awhile after I was released. It was a natural instinct for me to call him bc he was/is my best friend. I suppose it's possible it was a subconscious thing to reach out to a male for safety reasons...I don't really care to revisit that time and think of the reason why, but I just wanted to say I find it completely reasonable and not out of the ordinary that she'd run to him. I'm sure many will disagree but that's why we are all entitled to our own opinions ;)

Ok, now that I know no gunmen on the loose are lurking outside my door, I can hit the hay. Thanks for the laughs tonite guys. I can't wait to get my jacket and form a posse. And guess what? We all get to wake up tomorrow and not have to endure another day of The JA Show. TGIF!

Ha ha, not me!

I get to wipe noses and do papier mache and sing "Froggy Went A Courtin".

Then off to orthodontist and picking up 4 other 11-year-old girls for a (not) sleepover! :eek:

I then have to hurry back here to read up and play back testimony onYouTube
because I am sure that they, and Mr. Knot will respect my need to do so, and not think it at all weird.

:floorlaugh:

But TGIF and PLEASE let tomorrow be the day she becomes mute. It's really very icky to listen to her.

I never dated this guy. He has a wife. I've housesat & babysat for them multiple times. It's all on the up & up

Yeah, I wasn't implying otherwise. If the dude has a wife and is okay with you staying there, or the dude is single and you just need a place to stay, that's cool. It's the "re-kindling" with a single friend that's questionable, imo. I just went through this with a male friend of mine who has just recently gone through a divorce. I wanted to help him b/c I've been there done that and he's been my friend for years. But his thoughts, or at least his actions, were inconsistent with mine. I chalked it up to his emotional turmoil in ending a long-term marriage, but, nonetheless, no matter how close we were/are and how much I care about him, he had unhealthy thoughts about our relationship and I had to set him straight. Going through a divorce calls up all kinds of crazy that you don't see in yourself until you're on the other side.

Ugh that giant crystaled sugar hurts my toofs.

I would like it better if it were just the croissant-type pastry with cream cheese. It's that colored sugar that does me in!

I peel it or scrape it off!

Whaaaaaat?

I was at work all week and was only able to read the transcripts!

How did I miss this mess??????

Seriously, how did her own DT not smack her for rambling like that? :eek:

Is this on the reference/links thread? Egads, what a loony tunes!

ETA: oops. Just realized this was not a real transcript. Duhrrrr.

Just hearing exerpts on Nancy Grace or Dr. Drew was enough to drive me mental! blah blah blah. SHUT THE F*CK UP ARIAS! and give one word answers already :please:
Proves to me she is, on top of being a psychopath, a TRUE NARCISIST!. loves to hear the sound of her own voice!!!
:headache: the only solice is she is giving the jurors a headache :headache: like she is giving anyone who checks in to JVM, NG or Dr. Drew or anyone who dares to listen to the live feeds of her going on and on and on and on. Mundane details like the names of pets SERIOUSLY??? arias???
"I lived there with my grandma and my grandpa and their dog, Ringo" G*d d*mn narcist! pretending to be normal. She really should have plead INSANITY!!!@!!! WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE BELIEVABLE!

My sister lived with these two guys as roomates...total 3's Company situation but in reverse...for years at various apartments and homes. They had their own little family situation going on. We traveled together and would all crash in one hotel room dragging mattresses to the floor , sleeping on box springs, all sharing one bathroom etc. It was never other than platonic....we were like this crazy family of rogues. Spending all holidays together etc. It was never romantic or sexual among any of us. They adored her. They were devastated when she was killed. Just devastated. They are the only people alive who still call me "katiecoolady" exclusively.

I completely get that!!! I can imagine how those were some of the best times and I'm glad you still have the memories to keep in your heart!! It's nice to be able to reflect and smile at the thought of how great things were back then!

It looks more than platonic if you tell LE that your estranged husband might have murdered your "guy friend" with whom you lived.....just sayin'.
Whoa, that wasn't ES? It was another married woman? Yikes.

When I was in the hospital after a horrible beating from my ex it was my best male friend in the world who went to my home, packed up some things and set me up a place to stay with him for awhile after I was released. It was a natural instinct for me to call him bc he was/is my best friend. I suppose it's possible it was a subconscious thing to reach out to a male for safety reasons...I don't really care to revisit that time and think of the reason why, but I just wanted to say I find it completely reasonable and not out of the ordinary that she'd run to him. I'm sure many will disagree but that's why we are all entitled to our own opinions ;)

Well, I know that I have always gotten on better with boys/men than with women. I was closer with dad and brother growing up and made friends easier with guys.

But I like sports and other "guy" stuff so figured that was part of it.

I do know that girls were always even meaner to me because I got on better with boys. I guess they assumed I was some threat when in reality I was practicing armpit poots and playing football with them rather than doctor, lol!

ETA: i hate that you were hurt by someone you loved and trusted. :(.

I thought I began my post with that and was ashamed to find it not there when I posted. :(. I hope the SOB is still behind bars!

That terminology is so weird.....I know my mom said in the 50's that term was used but I have never heard that growing up in the 80s

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I remember these chat lines my daughter and all her friends ran up $600.00 to $1000.00 bills before we parents new what was going on. The telephone company removed the charges with a warning. Our children all got strong warnings from us that we would make their lives miserable if they ever went on it again.. I think these chat lines came out in the early 90's late 80's

I'm not interested in becoming a victims' advocate. I come to this thread as a diversion. I'm not at all concerned with the outcome of the case, just interested in the trial. I don't know Travis's family and this is not at all personal to me. I'm not apologetic for that. My point was that I find it inexplicable that some people find it intolerable that Jodi should get away with the murder of a single person while hundreds of innocent people are murdered, including children, every single day and yet THEY are not out there screaming for justice for those people. I'm not screaming for justice for anyone. But if I were, I wouldn't be so selective. jmo

Well okay then. If you feel it intolerable that people here feel the need for justice in this case - that's the way you feel. I'm not apologetic for being interested in the case or that I feel strongly about Jodi being convicted. I'm interested in a lot of cases, not just this one, as I'm sure a lot of WS'ers are as well. I've been posting here for many years. I've seen the passion here. WS'ers are good people.

I have never ever said that anyone "suggested that it was" her. I was simply asking if it was her and gitana1 answered my question. I deleted my question. Sorry. :blushing: (I feel so misunderstood for a simple question)

For whatever reason, some 48Hours videos that are posted come up with that persons pic rather than the person the video is about.

Hope that helps explain.

You have nothing to be sorry about, it's an honest question. MOO

I found it strange also. When I was Mormon it would have not been proper to live with or even rent a room to a member of the opposite sex. We were to "avoid the appearance of evil". Some members won't even be seen with a Starbucks cup. Travis went to Starbucks and by having Elisha stay with him, he sounds like he was a bit liberal. In fact, missionaries will not baptize anyone living with the opposite sex...even if they live with an ex-husband or ex-wife due to economic circumstances or children living in the home. That is how strict they are.

Just curious, what does Starbucks have to do with the "appearance of evil". I was raised a Jehovah's Witness and thus very strict too but don't get the Starbucks connection to evil...wait a minute, Mormons don't drink coffee right? Although Starbucks sell other beverages, this would give the 'appearance' of evil. gotcha!
However Travis was an Elder was he not? this would not leave wiggle room as he would carry the added weight of being an example? thus could not be regarded as liberal by the 'wards' who knew him?

She never dated him. They had a very very close soulmate kind of bond but never dated or got even close to it. She said when she finally decided to leave her husband, her first thought was to run to Travis and rekindle the friendship (her husband wasn't one of those who you could have a male friend with) and found out he'd been killed 2 days prior. So very sad.

That's really sad. I could see the pain in her eyes when I watched the interview. I could tell they were close friends and that she cared about him in a friendly way. What a beautiful woman she is. And brave for doing that interview!

I totally understand the "just being friends" with the opposite sex and don't understand people who don't get it. Men and woman can be just friends. Some of my best friends are male, and female, too.

Here's the 48 hours episode as well. I watched it last weekend. Let me know what you think if you watch it!

Deadly Prophecy - 48 Hours - CBS News

I've have seen it a couple of times, but it is worth watching again. Thanks for the link.

I think Doug is guilty, he wanted to move on with Hillary. I'm not sure why he agreed to remarry Faylene.

Juan has a lot more to work with in the JA case and I believe he will get a conviction and justice for Travis.

MOO and all that jazz. :)

Well okay then. If you feel it intolerable that people here feel the need for justice in this case - that's the way you feel. I'm not apologetic for being interested in the case or that I feel strongly about Jodi being convicted. I'm interested in a lot of cases, not just this one, as I'm sure a lot of WS'ers are as well. I've been posting here for many years. I've seen the passion here. WS'ers are good people.

I said inexplicable, not intolerable. I don't understand the "passion" for certain cases and not others when there are SO many others that don't get any attention at all. I do understand the interest since these cases are high profile and constantly in the media, but not the passion for the outcome because, imo, at bottom they're the same as any other case and not as bad as many.

Just curious, what does Starbucks have to do with the "appearance of evil". I was raised a Jehovah's Witness and thus very strict too but don't get the Starbucks connection to evil...wait a minute, Mormons don't drink coffee right? Although Starbucks sell other beverages, this would give the 'appearance' of evil. gotcha!
However Travis was an Elder was he not? this would not leave wiggle room as he would carry the added weight of being an example? thus could not be regarded as liberal by the 'wards' who knew him?

:waitasec: Wait? Mormons don't drink coffee? Are you serious or being facetious?:seeya::blushing:

Thought I'd come read up on the trial and I see posts about how many sex partners people had etc etc... Wow. :what:

Guess I'll be back later....

No trial until Monday. The proceedings today were closed to the public. It was an evidentiary hearing..

HTH

I said inexplicable, not intolerable. I don't understand the "passion" for certain cases and not others when there are SO many others that don't get any attention at all. I do understand the interest since these cases are high profile and constantly in the media, but not the passion for the outcome because, imo, at bottom they're the same as any other case and not as bad as many.

I don't know? People make connections to things for various reasons. And this case has been in the media so much it's almost impossible not to see a blip about it when you turn on the t.v. or the newspaper. I think it interests some people because it's rare (although getting less rare) that a woman commits such a horrible and brutal crime. Also too, for some reason women seem to get away with their crimes more often then men - especially if they are young and attractive. That adds a whole 'nuther layer of interest - for me any way. I can't speak for anyone else. I personally don't believe in her self defense story. I think Jodi is evil, and if let free - she could possibly harm others. If she gets off, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I will be disappointed in the jury.

Well, I know that I have always gotten on better with boys/men than with women. I was closer with dad and brother growing up and made friends easier with guys.

But I like sports and other "guy" stuff so figured that was part of it.

I do know that girls were always even meaner to me because I got on better with boys. I guess they assumed I was some threat when in reality I was practicing armpit poots and playing football with them rather than doctor, lol!

ETA: i hate that you were hurt by someone you loved and trusted. :(.

I thought I began my post with that and was ashamed to find it not there when I posted. :(. I hope the SOB is still behind bars!

I literally lol'd at your arm pooting!!

Thx for the post. It's been a long, tough road as I'm sure many of us have experienced, but as for the SOB, well...all I know is that my father (ex-FBI) assured me one time that my abuser will NEVER be back to bother me again. Don't know exactly what that means for sure, but I know better than to ask ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomitten