Judges double Oscar Pistorius' sentence to 13 years, 5 months - 24. Nov. 2017

"Oscar Pistorius's family hold summit

to plan his new life, security and career -

after working as a cleaner and tractor driver in prison -

as the grey-haired,

chain-smoking murderer is released from jail."

1704466312093.png

OP has been released on parole from prison and is now at his uncle’s home where he will spend the duration of his parole until December 2029.

He was meant to be processed as a normal parolee and was to be released from 7am. The media was outside the prison gates well before that time but no-one spotted him.

Even though he’s been released, he’s not a free man, but rather, serving out the remainder of his sentence on parole. He was to be transferred to the Centre for Correctional Services where he would meet with his parole officer. He was given a card with his name and ID number to present to that officer each time they meet. His conditions for release would be read out to him and these conditions include:
  • He has to be at home at a certain hour
  • He’s not allowed to have any alcohol
  • He’s not allowed to have any substances
  • He must continue programs for anger management and gender-based violence against women to ensure he is correctly rehabilitated for the crime that he committed.
  • He must check in with his parole officer on designated days at a particular time.
  • If he wishes to move home or change jobs, he must ensure that his monitoring officers are aware of this.
  • And last but not least, he’s not allowed to give any media interviews.
Release from prison and parole terms

Of course if he broke any of the above conditions, he could theoretically go back to prison, but I think that's highly unlikely unless he was involved in a brawl with someone or attacked a woman.

I'll never be able to get this case out of my mind.

A few more conditions:
  • He’s not allowed to leave the Waterkloof district where he now lives with Uncle Arnold without permission.
  • He will have to perform community service.
  • He will also have to regularly meet with parole officials at his home and will be subjected to unannounced visits by authorities.
More parole conditions
It will be interesting to see the public reaction when he's out and about.

''''Then there are the depictions of Pistorius. According to reports, he’s unrecognisable: broken, bloated, a chain smoker, bearded, grey-faced. Targeted in prison, he’s said to have drawn strength from his Christian faith. Now he may work for his uncle in his business, or undertake manual farm labour, train to be a Christian preacher, take up charity pursuits … Doesn’t it all sound marvellous?......

This is what rankles: Pistorius can’t just leave jail, like any other convicted woman-killer. There has to be a victim-narrative with saintly flourishes. Far from the arrogant, volatile, chauvinist, gun-obsessed celebrity presented in court, he just wants to till Mother Earth and read his Bible. In other news, flowers have been arriving at the compound from well-wishers as if it were the Pistorius family who were bereaved. The pressure seems on to buy into the global redemption story of poor Oscar. Seriously? Shouldn’t it be: poor Reeva?.....''''

I'm with you, JJ... I don't think I'll ever forget him and his performance in court.

I'm with you, JJ... I don't think I'll ever forget him and his performance in court.

RSBM - What really sticks with me is how Masipa so badly messed up the original trial judgement. Her whole thing about how he was lying because he was scared and innocent is so bizarre.

There was a post once upon a time about how one night the Stipps thought they saw and heard their neighbour shoot his girlfriend dead, then 5 minutes later he really did. It was better expressed than that - but it's basically a good summary of what Masipa believed.

RSBM - What really sticks with me is how Masipa so badly messed up the original trial judgement. Her whole thing about how he was lying because he was scared and innocent is so bizarre.

There was a post once upon a time about how one night the Stipps thought they saw and heard their neighbour shoot his girlfriend dead, then 5 minutes later he really did. It was better expressed than that - but it's basically a good summary of what Masipa believed.
Ugh, judge Masipa…

I’ll always remember her saying that young people sometimes argue when she was addressing Reeva’s texts to Oscar about being afraid of him at times.

IIRC Masipa was an advocate for women in domestic violence situations and tended to hand down harsh sentences for abusers. So what happened in Oscar’s case?

Remember how shocked most of us were when the judge misinterpreted the law? How could that have even happened, especially since Masipa had assessors working with her?

IMO Oscar indeed got away with murder.
MOO

Ugh, judge Masipa…

I’ll always remember her saying that young people sometimes argue when she was addressing Reeva’s texts to Oscar about being afraid of him at times.

IIRC Masipa was an advocate for women in domestic violence situations and tended to hand down harsh sentences for abusers. So what happened in Oscar’s case?

Remember how shocked most of us were when the judge misinterpreted the law? How could that have even happened, especially since Masipa had assessors working with her?

IMO Oscar indeed got away with murder.
MOO

Thank you, @MsMarple for posting the doc link!

Seems a typical pay for news/photos ploy by DM-- especially rich since OP was leaving the probation office.

OP is prevented from giving interviews, posting on SM, etc., per his probation release, and at least no photos have been published in ZA. Family and friends of Reeva don't need to see him. Nobody has interest in this killer.

Reactions: JLZ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back