KS KS - DENNIS LYNN RADER, BTK Serial Killer

TBF, what is the point of him accepting immunity if he doesn't want to fess up? It's not like he's going anywhere any time soon. 10 life sentences without the possibility of parole. MOO.

yeah but if he doesn't confess can't they charge him in a new trial..DM says they are finding things..I can see immunity going right out the window..then he is in jeopardy..they are pushing him hard.

Daily Mail snippets:
  • When he was quizzed about the disappearance of Shawna Garber, who went missing on Halloween night in 1990, the serial killer said he 'enjoyed' his meeting with investigators.

Source
Snipped by me. He still enjoying his taunting, he may not be guilty of others but he's loving that fact that LE interviews him and considers him.

He makes me so sick comparing himself to Rex Hauermann..even the Gilgo Bleach Killer isn't as depraved as this lunatic..
BTK takes all the Cake...BTK , Israel Keyes and John Wayne Gacy..Who I keep as a personal hate because he murdered my neighbor. mOO

Snipped by me. He still enjoying his taunting, he may not be guilty of others but he's loving that fact that LE interviews him and considers him.
Exactly, that's the vibe I am getting from this, but I'm genuinely surprised they found "items of interest." I wonder if they're not related to these two cases, but others that they are either investigating and we don't know about or ones that they don't even realize could be related at this point.

Cross-out adjustments made by @arielilane

Osage County Sheriff Eddie Virden joins me live at 6pmET on @NewsNation with the latest when I fill-in for Vargas. Sheriff Virden is in charge of the investigation -- and even met with BTK Dennis Rader (DR) himself in February.

1/2 Updated on BTK DR house search: Investigators say "items of interest" were recovered at the former residence of Dennis Rader. Items will undergo thorough examination to determine their potential relevance to the ongoing investigations.
2/2 At this stage, investigators say BTK DR is a suspect in unsolved cases, including the Cynthia Dawn Kinney case from Pawhuska.

Exactly, that's the vibe I am getting from this, but I'm genuinely surprised they found "items of interest." I wonder if they're not related to these two cases, but others that they are either investigating and we don't know about or ones that they don't even realize could be related at this point.

They are pushing him, they are watching him, they know how to play games too..this game is high stakes..my money is on LE..mOO

It was the taunting that got him captured in the first place, like many of these guys, he craves attention. I think he’s simply just jealous of the coverage the Long Island serial killer is getting. He did recently give an interview to the media about that case.

It was the taunting that got him captured in the first place, like many of these guys, he craves attention. I think he’s simply just jealous of the coverage the Long Island serial killer is getting. He did recently give an interview to the media about that case.

oh yes he is the very essence of narcissism...he is envious over the new kid in town and wants to make it about himself, as though they are one and the same or perhaps he is even the inspiration, but definitely to remind everyone he is the first and wrote this playbook...he will be here to advise us if needed..his input will be invaluable...oh yes..he knows and can explain the excruciating truths, the nightmares you are having..mOO

Shawna's case especially sticks out to me where she was recovered. Is it possible that, with all the new advances in DNA technology that previously non-DNA-readable or untestable evidence from her crime scene, clothing etc was submitted to a lab such as Othram to see if they could successfully pull a perp profile from it?

We know Rader's DNA is on file. If they do manage to get a DNA link to him, they now factually know he's got at least one more "unsolved" murder out there that he has comitted and not confessed to. Do they bring in his daughter to talk to him and they offer the federal immunity (crossing state lines this new crime) as they suspect with the one more, there's probably more than one more 'unconfessed' that they don't have the evidence for(lack of body recovery etc)??

A new DNA hit would certainly consitute grounds for getting the current search warrant issued ... along with knowing the shed was constructed in same time period as disappearances/new murder in the 90s.

Lack of confession to a new crime may be precisely because of the death penelty option being on the table. lack of taking immunity possibly because he's not up to date on what advances labs such as Othram have developed and the personal thoguht that "well they already have my DNA, so if I left any on Shawna they'd have nailed me years ago".

Just my mind working this one out in my head for possible scenarios.

On the note of whether DR is talking because of RH, everything is pointing to LE starting to hone in on DR and try and get him to talk before RH was even caught? RH was arrested mid-July... DR's daughter said she went to speak with him about the immunity and such in June, and the sheriff went and spoke with DR in February. I'm not actually getting the impression that DR is running around talking about these cases, just his little attention-seeking quotes from when RH was originally caught.

https://twitter.com/taymitchell_tv
Taylor Mitchell

@taymitchell_tv

Osage County Sheriff Eddie Virden said, "We found personal type items and maybe some restraint type items in those locations."

He also said this investigation has also uncovered potential connections to other missing persons cases and unsolved murders in the Kansas and Missouri areas, which are possibly linked to Dennis Rader.

wasn't he supposed to admit all of his murders in exchange for a life sentence? or was it only the ones he was charged with?

if they find a new victim they should put him to death..if there is one killer I hate above all others BTK is the one.

I hate Dennis Rader .mOO
ISTR that he wasn't eligible for the death penalty because Kansas did not have it at any of the times that his known crimes were committed.

They found pantyhose! Just watched Brian Entin filling in for Elizabeth Vargas talking to OK LE. Video should be available soon, watched it live.
I sure hope it's not related to any crime, known or unknown. He did have a wife and daughter, and might have used a "dead" pair of hose for some completely innocuous reason, like tying up a plant in the backyard.

I was a Target cashier in the early 1980s, and one day, a panic-stricken boy, about 10 years old, said, "Mom! We have to call the police! That man over there is going to rob a bank!" Mom asked him, "What makes you think that man is going to rob a bank?" and he replied, "HE'S BUYING PANTYHOSE!" Mom said, "That man is not going to rob a bank; his wife probably sent him to the store."

According to the sheriff, in April they found a "pantyhose ligature" which DR was "notorious" for using.

He also says this information was given to LE years ago. Apparently DR told someone who then told LE. Not sure why they didn't follow up on it back then unless they just didn't trust the source.

This lead "came out of a communication with a law enforcement person back years ago, he described having some trophies, souvenirs, and some victims’ driver’s licenses hidden in this location that weren’t found.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bessie22
Back