GUILTY KS - Evan Brewer, 3, Wichita, 6 July 2017

How awful. Reading this after Lucas Hernandez page (still missing). I would personally bring a gun to kill them if it was my child. How horrible.
I think I would too. My life would be over anyway...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What is wrong with people......... I cannot understand. My child has been having asthma issues all week and I stay on the verge of tears, hoping I am giving enough medicine but not too much medicine and watching and worrying and doctors trips..... but this child was punished for being sick? I cannot understand the extreme need for control over children by so many people in this world. I want to make them stand naked from the waist down in a corner with a belt around their necks and pull it when they move an inch. This baby was forced to do that!!! I cannot understand. How do we protect the children. How do we instill that they are little humans? Not punching bags.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a two year old and just can't get little Evan out of my thoughts :( He was only 3 and the things being done to him and being said.. I just can't. :(

mine just turned 5, he drives me crazy sometimes but none of THIS is ever even close to on my mind!!!

I have a two year old and just can't get little Evan out of my thoughts :( He was only 3 and the things being done to him and being said.. I just can't. :(

I truly believe the punishment for child and animal abusers should mirror the crime.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article209342219.html

Amid the grim details of Evan Brewer's murder, a loving connection emerges

(excerpts)
At a court hearing in Wichita on Monday, Samantha Johnson became the first witness to testify against her father. Based on testimony from Johnson and others, it became clear that Johnson, 23, and Evan Brewer, 3, suffered similar abuse years apart and allegedly at the hand of the same man — Johnson's father, Stephen Bodine. Beyond the horrific details and the weighty issues, something else surfaced in the courtroom Monday — a loving connection.

Minutes after Johnson left the witness chair, she sat in the audience with women in Evan’s family. Before Johnson left the courtroom that evening, “We just grabbed her hand and squeezed it and said everything is going to be good. And we thanked her,” Evan’s aunt, Carol Brewer, recalled Wednesday.

On her Facebook page, Carol Brewer wrote this to Johnson: “You are such a BEAUTIFUL AND STRONG YOUNG LADY.... I admire your strength and just so you know.... you have gained new family members for the rest of your life. Sometimes bad things break you or bring you together.... XOXO thank you for being strong and thank you for everything.... we love you.”
In a phone interview on Thursday, Johnson said, “I gained a new family, and I gained new friends, and I gained a support system.”

Johnson, a young mother of three small children, said she knows that raising children “takes a lot of patience.” In the background of the phone interview, her children sounded fussy at times, crying out for her attention. “Sorry,” she would say, momentarily turning her focus back to them, quickly soothing them.

“It’s not easy,” she said. “But when you have children, you love them and you care about them and their needs, and it becomes a part of you,” she said. “My children are my world.”

So we have no court dates until May 21st when trial starts? Or probably jury selection starts.

Me too, makes me sick to read about what he went through.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Omg. I didn’t know about this case until I saw this child’s name mentioned in an op-Ed about Lucas Hernandez. The horror. Honestly frightening how these people live with themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone get into the Sedgwick County court records. I have Bodine's trial starting this coming Monday, May 21st.... when WS goes down for 3 days.... :gaah:

Since we are going to be down on Monday....

Monday, May 21st:
*Trial set to begin (@ 9am CT) – KS – Evan Brewer (3) (July 7, 2017; found encased in concrete Sept. 2, 2017) – Stephen Bodine (40) – BF charged (12/5/17) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of felony child abuse, 1 count of aggravated endangerment of a child & 1 count aggravated kidnapping; charged (11/7/17) with aggravated assault & interference w/parental custody & criminal damage to property (against Evan’s father); plead not guilty. $500K bond.
Miranda Miller (36) “mom” charged (11/7/17) with aggravated interference w/child custody; on 12/5/17 charged with 1st degree murder & felony child abuse; $500K bond.
Hearing 4/16/18: Miller waived right to prelim hearing and plead not guilty; but took plea deal and plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, aggravated kidnapping, abuse, & aggravated endangerment of a child. She will testify against Bodine.

I have a twitter person for this case, so hopefully they will post on the trial and I can copy/paste/save these for you all when we meet again on the new WS on the 24th and update you all on "what" is going on.

:eek:nline:

Monday, May 21st:
*Trial set to begin (@ 9am CT) – KS – Evan Brewer (3) (July 7, 2017; found encased in concrete Sept. 2, 2017) – Stephen Bodine (40) – BF charged (12/5/17) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of felony child abuse, 1 count of aggravated endangerment of a child & 1 count aggravated kidnapping; charged (11/7/17) with aggravated assault & interference w/parental custody & criminal damage to property (against Evan’s father); plead not guilty. $500K bond.
Miranda Miller (36) “mom” charged (11/7/17) with aggravated interference w/child custody; on 12/5/17 charged with 1st degree murder & felony child abuse; $500K bond.
Hearing 4/16/18: Miller waived right to prelim hearing and plead not guilty; but took plea deal and plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, aggravated kidnapping, abuse, & aggravated endangerment of a child. She will testify against Bodine.

I have a twitter person for this case, so hopefully they will post on the trial and I can copy/paste/save these for you all when we meet again on the new WS on the 24th and update you all on "what" is going on.

Thank you! It's going to be torment having WS down those days! :scared:

Monday, May 21st:

What twitter account is it? I’d like to follow trial there seeing WS will be down [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I still haven't seen anything tweets about the trial today?

Anyone? If anyone is STILL here! We are STILL up! :)

I still haven't seen anything tweets about the trial today?

Anyone? If anyone is STILL here! We are STILL up! :)

Nothing reported on our 530pm news...will see what happens on the repeat 6pm news. Also nothing on web.

No push notifications from the "big four", either.
Nothing reported on our 530pm news...will see what happens on the repeat 6pm news. Also nothing on web.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back