Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per KWCH reporter Anna Auld on scene:

K9 search team appears to be working in the area

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Mod - can you please change title to Lucas Hernandez? Thank you :)

(Should someone report to get their attention?)

Here is an MSM link showing his full name:

https://twitter.com/KWCH12/status/965045261243478018

"@WichitaPolice are searching for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez who was last seen around 3 pm on Saturday near Edgemoor between Lincoln & Kellogg. Anyone with information contact police IMMEDIATELY."

What is the weather like? I hope it’s decent. Such a sweet little pea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just thinking, how elevated is Kellogg through that area? If he got anywhere near it, he would have been seen/reported. Same with the hospital.

What is the weather like? I hope it’s decent. Such a sweet little pea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was gorgeous today, but down to 40* right now.

ETA: woops sorry this was already answered.

Was just thinking, how elevated is Kellogg through that area? If he got anywhere near it, he would have been seen/reported. Same with the hospital.

I am trying to figure out exactly where he could go and not be seen. It is so residential and pretty busy. I do think he would have to be on the South side of Kellogg as there would be no way for him to pass North of it without sticking out like a sore thumb.

I am trying to figure out exactly where he could go and not be seen. It is so residential and pretty busy. I do think he would have to be on the South side of Kellogg as there would be no way for him to pass North of it without sticking out like a sore thumb.
This is my thought, as well.

I'm guessing he was napping, hence the pull up.
It's not at all unusual for a just turned 5 year old to still need a pull up when sleeping.
No reported special needs (aside from a speech impediment) and that is usually the first thing we hear, so that's unlikely.

Just my opinion:
I think this is a wandering child or possible abduction.
Do not believe this is hinky at all. Don't believe the parents hurt him.
Hopefully he's having an adventure and will be found soon.
The weather certainly is good right now.

It's not at all unusual for a just turned 5 year old to still need a pull up when sleeping.
No reported special needs (aside from a speech impediment) and that is usually the first thing we hear, so that's unlikely.

Good thinking about taking a nap and the pull-up.

Per Wichita PD FB page 3 min ago, still missing, asking citizens to continue to share/spread word.

Residential, busy and still light out at 3pm. Someone should have seen him walking alone. The back door being found open really sounds like he did leave on his own but a 3-hour gap before reporting Lucas missing is concerning.

I wish LE would release more info. :(

One of my kids wandered off from a nap like that. Fortunately he just went across the street and the neighbor called us right away, otherwise it probably would have been a couple of hours before we noticed. Praying he's okay and home soon.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Residential, busy and still light out at 3pm. Someone should have seen him walking alone. The back door being found open really sounds like he did leave on his own but a 3-hour gap before reporting Lucas missing is concerning.

I wish LE would release more info. :(

I wish they would, also. I initially thought he would be found at a little friend's house but I think a parent would have sent him home by now.

One of my kids wandered off from a nap like that. Fortunately he just went across the street and the neighbor called us right away, otherwise it probably would have been a couple of hours before we noticed. Praying he's okay and home soon.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
So glad he's ok! We have friends who experienced similar, except he was hiding in the chickenhouse afraid he was in trouble. It was a very long couple of hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member