Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but about abdondon worn out buildings in the city or construction sites? Are there any of those near where EG and JH lived? What if she dumped him one of them and buried him in stuff?

We actually talked about that in one of the first threads. Sadly they’re everywhere in Wichita. The possibilities are big everywhere. It’s so hard to narrow down. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBM

Interference with a dead body, perhaps?

Without digging up my textbooks...
Failure to report a dead body
Concealment of a dead body
Tampering with evidence
Some places have laws against ‘desecration of a body’ but I’m not sure about KS
Now it’s going to bug me I might have to dig up my book lol

I saw helicopters early on doing searches over the Big Ditch area

Thanks Scarlett! My dad flies for Civil Air Patrol. Has done a lot of rescue and recovery missions. I’ll talk to him tomorrow. He’s been following the case with me. I pray we aren’t here next weekend but if so maybe we can get the plane up over some fields at least. Maybe I just need his help. Not the first or last time I’m sure. ❤️

Some other things that point to premeditation for me (and this would be longer premeditation than a few seconds or minutes) are that Lucas disappeared on a weekend when JH was out of town (no one to stop EG and no adult witness in the home), EG got rid of the cat Lucas loved (I don't buy the excuse about "no pets allowed"-this woman is no girl scout when it comes to rules and cats are easy to hide from landlords), and she put a pull up on Lucas, quite possibly because she knows that a person's bowels and bladder relax upon death and a mess could be made.

SBM

Interference with a dead body, perhaps?

Prevention or interference with lawful burial, too, maybe?

These extras don't always seem to be charged, but I don't know why?

Some other things that point to premeditation for me (and this would be longer premeditation than a few seconds or minutes) are that Lucas disappeared on a weekend when JH was out of town (no one to stop EG and no adult witness in the home), EG got rid of the cat Lucas loved (I don't buy the excuse about "no pets allowed"-this woman is no girl scout when it comes to rules and cats are easy to hide from landlords), and she put a pull up on Lucas, quite possibly because she knows that a person's bowels and bladder relax upon death and a mess could be made.

This is a really great point. So damn sad. I feel so bad for his family.

Just got done watching the new Dateline episode. Don't know if any of you followed Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux's thread....It was mainly about how her remains were pretty much (finally) found by P.I. and bounty hunter David Marshburn and his dog. Of course there's more to the story....but he does kind of have a gift and was definitely deeply affected by the experience of returning Kelli to her family. He is starting a non-profit called the FindMe Foundation.

I just kept thinking during the whole episode that I wish he were there helping to find Lucas....one more asset....

He's also very clever.....actually got Nick Holbert (Kelli's killer) to confess to him. Hmmmmmm.

Maybe EG only wanted her own children, hated JH's ex, thinking she could kill 2 birds with one stone? Getting rid of Lucas gets rid of the ex too! Problems solved!
I wonder what all EG and JH fought about. Did their fights have to do with Lucas's bio mom?

I grew up in a rural area near Wichita, so I've been racking my brain trying to come up with any scenario she may have came upon while driving gravel roads.
One thing I haven't seen discussed yet (unless I missed it) was fences. If she were trying to get through a fence, she might first pass him through fencing with barbs, and scraping her hands up in the process.
(Jmo)

Also, just want to say that I go to bed thinking about Lucas and wake up in the morning just hoping there's some new news. Praying each day is a little step closer to finding him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I've been wondering about something. It seems like the police have some kind of good evidence on EG. Enough that the hom detective could show to a judge for the judge to deny even the smallest reduction to EG's bond. Well, there was a rumor going around that has been talked about here a little but never confirmed. That there were supposed phone pings near Chisholm park and that is what prompted the police to pay extra close attention to that park. But I wonder if maybe there were pings and if maybe those pings were around the time that EG was supposed to be napping? Or maybe the police found out that EG had been making calls at the time she was supposed to be napping? Just a thought. I always wondered about those phone pings near Chisholm and if there had been any truth to them.

I have been looking for search locations near Chisolm Creek Park since the police spent so much time there... and from the satellite pictures on Google.. It looks like there is a very overgrown area just off the parking lot of the Goodwill Store on 37th and Oliver... These pics look like summer growth so I am not sure what it looks like now.. but it does seem somewhat isolated (at night anyway) and is probably fairly dark. Just an idea.
And there's railroad tracks there. We still haven't considered all the RR track access points.

Thread #13.

I'm so sorry, Lucas.

I'm on thread 12, trying to catch up from my self imposed time out.

I wish you were found, sweet boy. We are all trying really hard for you, in our own ways. Somehow, some way. You'll be reunited with your family soon, until then, fly high, pumpkin.

JMO.

Thread #13.

I'm so sorry, Lucas.

I'm on thread 12, trying to catch up from my self imposed time out.

I wish you were found, sweet boy. We are all trying really hard for you, in our own ways. Somehow, some way. You'll be reunited with your family soon, until then, fly high, pumpkin.

JMO.

Glad you're back! I look forward to your posts. :discuss:

Agree with all that you have written above. I also think some of this might have been anger towards JH because of the abuse charges brought up by her ex. She just got approved by the judge to have visitation, even used Lucas as a reason why she was a capable mother to have at least visitation rights, and then whatever incident happened on the 4th of February caused her anger towards JH that festered. Just my opinion, but to me, that woman is a walking loose cannon- it doesn't take much to set her off, especially if she perceives that she's been wronged.

Thanks Scarlett! My dad flies for Civil Air Patrol. Has done a lot of rescue and recovery missions. I’ll talk to him tomorrow. He’s been following the case with me. I pray we aren’t here next weekend but if so maybe we can get the plane up over some fields at least. Maybe I just need his help. Not the first or last time I’m sure. ❤️

I have huge respect for Civil Air Patrol. I made contact with CAP last fall when my aunt was missing/Silver Alert. CAP was going to do S&R since the counties didn't have the resources. They are a super valuable resource.

We would need a lawyer to answer those questions. But Lucas was tiny, maybe 40 pounds or so. Any adult would reasonably know that kicking him, punching him, or strangling him would likely kill him. And if they started one of those actions or something similar and didn’t stop, then that is premeditated. They had made the decision to continue beating or choking or whatever the action was.

I also don’t think she panicked. I’m not seeing that. Lucas hasn’t been found, EG hasn’t been charged with murder, and she seems cool as a cucumber in her statements, defending herself.

I have to agree with you, again. Cool as a cucumber and any tears would be for herself and this 'mess' Lucas has got her in. I can't reasonably apply any accidental theory to someone who was allegedly abusive towards someone in the past. How do you accidentally repeatedly abuse a defenseless child? If a parent loses their temper and grabs a child by the neck and they start choking and die, would we call that an accident? No, accident in my terms would be something where the parent truly meant to cause no harm. Maybe you prop a small child on a stool to help you make cookies, they fall and get hurt. That's an acvident. Hitting a child out of anger and causing bruises can't be accidental because the act of hitting is on purpose. Sorry for the rant but this case really upsets me.

We would need a lawyer to answer those questions. But Lucas was tiny, maybe 40 pounds or so. Any adult would reasonably know that kicking him, punching him, or strangling him would likely kill him. And if they started one of those actions or something similar and didn’t stop, then that is premeditated. They had made the decision to continue beating or choking or whatever the action was.

I also don’t think she panicked. I’m not seeing that. Lucas hasn’t been found, EG hasn’t been charged with murder, and she seems cool as a cucumber in her statements, defending herself.

Ummm, well kinda. The premeditation part for a child whose death is due to child abuse is actually treated a bit differently depending on the state. EG would be better off saying it was an accident, because that is manslaughter, but if she says nothing and we find him then that opens up the door for more heavy charges. But because Lucas has been seen with marks and bruises, that actually takes the premeditation off the table. She’s been abusing him for awhile and the longer she has done that, the longer she has been able to injure him without it being fatal. I’m not sure if that makes sense, but in my experience, the argument that is used is something like this “Stepmom has been abusing child for a year with no fatalities so with the last beating she had no idea that one would kill the child since it was never fatal before”. Sick as it is, there is legal logic behind it.

I have never got emotionally hooked onto a case before where it has effected me so much emotionally or made me cry. I am usually able tolerate a lot but this case is really getting to me. I was listening to music and Carrie Underwoods song "Temporary Home" came on and while the song itself or the lyrics have nothing to do about a missing kid the tone of the song and music got to me as I was sitting here thinking about Lucas. My heart just breaks into a million pieces.Its horrible how anyone could do something to such a sweet little boy (or to any child really) like him. LIke I'm sitting here crying. I think what got me with this case is the amount of evidence of abuse and bruises on this baby. Usually you don't see the picture evidence so I applaud the family for showing it in this case with Lucas. I also have an nephew who is his age so that factors into it. The fact that CPS did not act to help this little boy kills me. I just can't imagine what he must have suffered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500