Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Lucas being "special needs or disabled in any way" I think the idea was taken out-of-context from sources like this one:http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/02/...s-hernandez-described-as-shy-and-soft-spoken/
[“His speech is different than a normal 5-year-old, because he does have a cleft palate. He speaks well but hard to understand him if you aren’t used to his speech. Anyone should be able to understand him if they listen closely to what he’s saying. He can call for help, yell, scream etc. Everything with his voice is just fine.”Lucas’ father, who drove home from an out-of-town work site after learning the boy was missing, said that all of his son’s belongings, including his shoes and jacket, were still in the home. ]
:moo:

I am the one who asked if anyone knew if he went to speech therapy. I asked because my friend works for the county here. It is called Early Intervention. She is a speech therapist.

I asked because I wondered if Emily sent him to anything like that or if she didn't bother...

Not to insult in any way Lucas. My brothers little boy had problems with speech and they came for him for quite some time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm still pondering the fact that EG's attorney is the one that asked for the continuance. I do realize that attorney's do this all the time for any number of reasons. But this continuance is a full month out. I can't imagine that EG is happy about another month in jail before she sees a judge. Then again, she probably knows she will get time for the current charges, and is ok with putting some "time served" on the books. IMO JMO IDK... Just frustrated...

Any time there is a continuance they reschedule it at the first available time for all of the parties involved. I’ve scheduled cases out 3 or 4 months.

I’m refering to his ability to draw benefit under social security and that he may have been eligible for speech benefits. Most children that I’m familiar with do draw this benefit so they can enter school and later the work force without an impediment. May have been something his family didn’t obtain for him.

Cleftresources.com

It qualifies for a type of SSI.

I think it’s irrelevant at this point as he isn’t around to receive the benefit.

I’m refering to his ability to draw benefit under social security and that he may have been eligible for speech benefits. Most children that I’m familiar with do draw this benefit so they can enter school and later the work force without an impediment. May have been something his family didn’t obtain for him.

Cleftresources.com

It qualifies for a type of SSI.

Usually children receive services through their school districts. The resources are plentiful. As long as he is of school age this is most likely the route taken-just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice for Lucas.

Via Europe as of right now it’s two months.

What is the weather like in Kansas? Are you still experiencing cold days or generally warmer spring like days now?

Inquiring because of search aspects.

Would someone please tell me a better app to use for websleuths than tapatalk. It seems like some of the controls don't work on here.

What is the weather like in Kansas? Are you still experiencing cold days or generally warmer spring like days now?

Inquiring because of search aspects.

It's been off and on warm and cold. Tomorrow will be in the 80's as opposed to this last weekend that was in the 40's and 50's.

Usually children receive services through their school districts. The resources are plentiful. As long as he is of school age this is most likely the route taken-just FYI

I agree. My son had trouble 30 years ago and had speech therapy at school. But if he didn’t receive help, it’s just one more good thing that could have benefited him that he wasn’t provided. It could show additional neglect.

I hate thinking of what other opportunities that were taken away. This just gets uglier by the day. And I’m concerned it’s going to get much worse.

Xxxxxxxxxx

If it has already been posted sorry behind today as usual...
https://www.kfdi.com/news/search-for-missing-wichita-boy-enters-day-four
["We're still searching for a missing, five-year-old, little boy," Officer Davidson said. "That's why we continue to plea and ask our community, if they saw somebody running with no shoes on a couple days ago, or they saw something suspicious, something out of place that might be related to this case, please call us.]

I do not think there was any way there would have been snow on the ground the day he went missing...even in the shade. It's been an unseasonably dry, and warm, winter, and I believe it was in the 60's. I don't recall LE stating they found footprints in snow, only that someone was running with no shoes.

IMO, I think the quote about "somebody running barefoot..." by LE, was intentionally vague. I think LE was probably told something during in an interview, and they were expecting if someone really knew the truth related to that statement, it would make sense to that person, and they could come forward and speak to it. However, I would expect they didn't mean Lucas, as they've said he didn't walk away. However, they may be keeping it vague so that if someone says they saw a child running in no shoes, they'll know that's not the story/evidence they're looking for.

MOD NOTE

Please alert on posts that you feel violate TOS. Do not attempt to moderate the thread yourselves. That's a TOS violation as members are not allowed to tell other members how or what to post.

While VIs in any case should be treated with respect, no one is required to believe everything a VI says. You need to use your own judgment regarding anyone else's post as to whether you believe them. This includes VIs.

If you simply don't agree with someone else's opinion or don't like the way the conversation is going, please just scroll and roll. Again, if someone is bothering you personally and you don't feel you can ignore them, please alert on the post or message a moderator.

This post lands at random.

MOD NOTE

Please alert on posts that you feel violate TOS. Do not attempt to moderate the thread yourselves. That's a TOS violation as members are not allowed to tell other members how or what to post.

While VIs in any case should be treated with respect, no one is required to believe everything a VI says. You need to use your own judgment regarding anyone else's post as to whether you believe them. This includes VIs.

If you simply don't agree with someone else's opinion or don't like the way the conversation is going, please just scroll and roll. Again, if someone is bothering you personally and you don't feel you can ignore them, please alert on the post or message a moderator.

This post lands at random.
Yes. Emotions are running strong. Everyone feels a certain way and has an opinion. The posts tell me opinions are receptive to connected emotions. It was such a preventable tragedy. It's tough to distinguish feelings from fact. Thank you for the reminder.

I do not think there was any way there would have been snow on the ground the day he went missing...even in the shade. It's been an unseasonably dry, and warm, winter, and I believe it was in the 60's. I don't recall LE stating they found footprints in snow, only that someone was running with no shoes.
MOO

I think people are confusing the snow print found of joe clyde daniels with lucas.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

MOO

I think people are confusing the snow print found of joe clyde daniels with lucas.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Oh, that makes sense...good point. Thanks.

Just thinking out loud...

And chiming in, just for the record, I knew what the weather was like in Wichita that day.
Didn't think or mean to imply in any way that LE was referring to prints in the snow.
jmo

Does anyone know why her atty. asked for a continuance?
I wonder how EG is feeling about all of this. What she's technically being held for is in regard to her daughter but obviously Lucas missing under her care is keeping the bond high and if someone bonds her out I think they must know she would be arrested on other charges at that point. That's the only reason I can figure that nobody came up with the 5k to get her out.

This is a hopeful thought! Thank you!

I have been wondering about how it is EG can withhold such information without cracking! It amazes me that anyone can sit there and just lie through their teeth...is it that they believe their lies at some point?

Serious question. So, behind the scenes in jail for EG...what is going on right now?
Can LE question her whenever they want?
Only with her lawyer present?
Does her lawyer meet with her often?
I just wonder how hard they are pressing her right now?

No way could I sit there and not give up everything I know.... which is why honesty, ethics and morals work best for me!

Not being law .. I wonder the same thing how does the questioning go at this point

Oh, that makes sense...good point. Thanks.

Just thinking out loud...
It's so sad in this day and age that concerned caring people are confusing one child's death to another, happening so close in date. It's a recurrent scenario. Who's to blame? The perpetrators, that's who. We are all responsible for our actions, no matter how we grew up, no matter what mental afflictions we've inherited or acquired, no matter what our life has become. We all have choices as an adult; it's our responsibility to make those decisions based on right and wrong ethical models as God has mandated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard