Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when folks had said, that if EG got off on these charges, that LE would arrest her again for Lucas' disappearance. Yet, she's free as a bird. The expectation that she would be back in jail right after gave me hope that she wouldn't have a chance to take off. Something I've been worried about the last few days. Anyone else?

I am worried as well, but I also think it's possible that LE is getting all their ducks in a row to avoid another acquittal. Given what we've learned about JH's lack of reliability, they may be going back over everything with a fine-toothed comb and preparing for ways defense could poke holes in what they have.

I think given the complexities of this case, they're going to have a hard time trying a no body case with defense creating plausible scenarios.

I know you know all this -- I think typing it helps strengthen my hope in what could be going on behind the scenes.

Does anyone know the statue of limitations on CE (in case they wait until the last minute possible to arrest EG for endangering Lucas)?

I remember when folks had said, that if EG got off on these charges, that LE would arrest her again for Lucas' disappearance. Yet, she's free as a bird. The expectation that she would be back in jail right after gave me hope that she wouldn't have a chance to take off. Something I've been worried about the last few days. Anyone else?
100% count me in.
Yes there's a lot of background noise out there, but it's confusing altogether. Just heartbreaking.
I don't know what to think anymore. I just don't have the words.
Like everyone else here I have had to come to grips with a dead Lucas....really I still can't.
EG being free nauseates me, and I have a strong stomach.
What's going to happen now?
We don't have the answers. It's all just smoke signals from a far-away place for me, not being local.
All I can do is keep my mouth shut while people say things I don't think are true at all.
(not saying they have or are doing so on WS at all)
So very disenchanted right now,
Chi

<modsnip>

They could do that, but at this time they were able to get to a place where she isn't at risk of harming any other kids. They'd have to give up the evidence they have, if they pressed charges related to Lucas, and I'm sure LE has a reason to prefer to keep that quiet for now.

Also, why would she feel comfortable taking a battered boy to the doc to get Zofran but not comfortable enough to call 911 if he started seizing or choking or something? I definitely think it was a final act of violence that got out of hand as opposed to just letting him waste away. Plus, we know that he conversed with someone (neighbor or landlord) that Friday, so if he was able to get out of bed, open the door, chat with someone - I don't see him having a fatal internal injury at that time. JMO obviously.

I agree 100%! If Lucas was mobile enough and curious enough to peek out of the house then he couldn't have been fatally injured at that point. I think we're still looking at the wee hours between late February 16 into early February 17.

I strongly believe his last moments were horrific and can only hope the end came quickly. :tears:

All MOO.

I believed that if Glass bonded out that LE would slap on an endangerment charge for Lucas but I've since learned that Kansas doesn't have a law regarding leaving small children unattended so the only other cause they would have is that he went missing while in her care. I don't think the DA would go forward with such lesser charges at this time.

I believe LE is instead working on building a case that will bring much more serious charges against Glass. It's an uphill climb with Lucas still missing but I'm confident she's not out of the woods just yet. All MOO.

I believed that if Glass bonded out that LE would slap on an endangerment charge for Lucas but I've since learned that Kansas doesn't have a law regarding leaving small children unattended so the only other cause they would have is that he went missing while in her care. I don't think the DA would go forward with such lesser charges at this time.

I believe LE is instead working on building a case that will bring much more serious charges against Glass. It's an uphill climb with Lucas still missing but I'm confident she's not out of the woods just yet. All MOO.

KS doesn’t have a law with an age set in stone. That does NOT mean people cannot and will not be charged with endangerment or neglect for leaving a child alone.
DCF has guidelines and based on those guidelines, everything together not JUST age, allows them to charge as is appropriate.
If it was a set age Their hands become tied in many cases - on both ends of the possible spectrum - with parents who should be charged going scot free, and parents who shouldn’t be charged serving jail time.
One child who is 9 might have enough maturity and knowledge and confidence to be left alone for half an hour. Meanwhile a 16yo, with the mental capacity of a toddler, should never be left alone. Guidelines rather than a set in stone age, gives way for common sense and appropriate judgement in filing charges.
http://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Documents/PPM_Forms/Appendices/Appendix_1B.pdf
cb6956b7f1cbfff7491b2d3a98eef18b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys I am going to miss y’all greatly! When is board expected to be back up? Right now we had Santa Fe shooting and now two more schools in greater Houston with guns in them. Please pray for greater Houston!

O/T BTW I can’t let the cat out of the bag in my real life yet as ring is being sized but I GOT ENGAGED YESTERDAY!

How exciting congrats!!

I’m going to miss everyone too...not sure how I’m supposed to exist without my WS...

OT kinda---with the new trial in the Scott Peterson case seemingly looming (from a credible source), it brought to mind the fact that tarp he used on his "fishing" trip was covered in gasoline, which is confirmed to kill DNA. :thinking:
I have zero insight into whatever LE found in poor Lucas' case. It just got me thinking, that's all....
Chi

just because someone is abusive it doesn&#8217;t mean they know it might result in death...or even could. Not that I&#8217;m defending EG or the guy in the story I&#8217;m about to link. This guy testified he didn&#8217;t think it was bad to shadowbox and rough house with a 6 month old, and he was just trying to make his kid the toughest kid ever - instead the child is dead [emoji24]
http://www.kake.com/story/38141504/...killing-son-wanted-to-make-him-a-tough-person

I have a feeling that is how JH/EG feel about things.......they weren't abusing him, they were just disciplining him and whoever has a problem with that can just get lost! Boys need to be tough, yada yada yada.......JMO on the way they may have seen things.

I have a feeling that is how JH/EG feel about things.......they weren't abusing him, they were just disciplining him and whoever has a problem with that can just get lost! Boys need to be tough, yada yada yada.......JMO on the way they may have seen things.

I wish I could do a sad or angry face rather than ‘thank’ your reply

I am worried as well, but I also think it's possible that LE is getting all their ducks in a row to avoid another acquittal. Given what we've learned about JH's lack of reliability, they may be going back over everything with a fine-toothed comb and preparing for ways defense could poke holes in what they have.

I think given the complexities of this case, they're going to have a hard time trying a no body case with defense creating plausible scenarios.

I know you know all this -- I think typing it helps strengthen my hope in what could be going on behind the scenes.

Does anyone know the statue of limitations on CE (in case they wait until the last minute possible to arrest EG for endangering Lucas)?

I googled the other day, and it seems like in Kansas, all misdemeanors have a 5 year statute of limitations.

OT kinda---with the new trial in the Scott Peterson trial seemingly looming (from a credible source), it brought to mind the fact that tarp he used on his "fishing" trip was covered in gasoline, which is confirmed to kill DNA. :thinking:
I have zero insight into whatever LE found in poor Lucas' case. It just got me thinking, that's all....
Chi
W
H
A
T

Are you kidding me?!? I haven't heard about his conviction being overturned?!?

Also, why would she feel comfortable taking a battered boy to the doc to get Zofran but not comfortable enough to call 911 if he started seizing or choking or something? I definitely think it was a final act of violence that got out of hand as opposed to just letting him waste away. Plus, we know that he conversed with someone (neighbor or landlord) that Friday, so if he was able to get out of bed, open the door, chat with someone - I don't see him having a fatal internal injury at that time. JMO obviously.

Agreed. And given her history of on hands abuse causing bruises, etc...as I said earlier today, I think he likely died at her violent hands.

She could have called for medical help at any time, taken him to the doctor, ER, etc....

So why didn't she?

In Dylan Redwine's case, I always believed he took a hit or blow or push, etc at the direct hands of his violent father which was just too much for him to survive...I suspect the same here. Moo.

If so, it would have to be something that could not be blamed on an accident (fell of the barstool, etc.). Otherwise she could have called 911 after the fact instead of hiding him.

When WS is down, I will thinking about what the jury will need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that EG is guilty IF Lucas is not found by then.I don't care if LE needs more time,but I am concerned that EG will be able to spread her usual bs and lay blame elsewhere,so she can walk.

Someone should alert a MSM person to the social media comment mentioned in perfecting pinks post. If a MSM reporter put it in an article, then it would be fair game to discuss. Just a thought.

See you all on the flip side.

All I want is someone taking notes of any posts like that and a place to examine them privately. IMHO the less attention brought to them the better. I don't want anyone flaming them, just a gentle "can you explain why you say that?" And I just want it all recorded and noted. The last thing I want is for those posts to stop, we need them to keep coming over the next days and weeks. So I would suggest to either allow the comments to stand or only very gentle questions that don't contain visible emotion or judgment. There are a hundred people on FB who can flame, what I would suggest is a small number of people who can do the exact opposite and keep very calm in their mind and achieve gentle, supportive probing.

If there's a gold nugget in the pan of stones and pebbles, the information can now be sent to somewhere it can be of use. If there's no gold nugget, then as far as I'm concerned it can be thrown back into the river and ignored. I think the important thing is to observe, collect, record, and then we can do some quiet analysis and see if there is any glint of gold, and then we can send it where it needs to be.

I agree, I am confident they will find a way to charge her, moo. It might not be soon, it could even be years, but her day will come. I'm sure the cops/DA want nothing more than to find a way to put this woman away. LE is also always under extra pressure to solve the high profile cases with a lot of media attention.

*Time is of the essence, with the baby on the way....will this affect the DA's/LE's approach?

Is MH back with her now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member