Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree they knew early on. They set up tip line and began organizing searches. I might guess that if they had a cadaver dog it hit on the car and they knew right away they were looking for a deceased child.

Several members of WS devoted hours and hours searching and mapping searches. I don’t really know everything they did. But Wichita sure looked for him and did so quietly. I’m amazed at the time and effort people were looking.

And it angers me when I think of EG sitting in jail and at home knowing full well Lucas was dead and where his remains were. I can’t think of the resources wasted which could have been utilized for other emergencies that she watched wasted.

I wonder what FBI profilers had to say about her. I’d be interested in tat analysis alone.
I know how you feel. I also feel the same way about Little Joe Clyde Daniels in TN. His father confessed that he beat him to death but will not take LE to his body. I believe that extreme interrogation methods should be used in missing child cases. JMO

Oh.... I also remember there being talk about a toll booth worker possibly seeing Emily. Was that also a lie?
That was a completely unsubstantiated rumor that came from one person working in a toll booth in another state who thought they saw someone that looked like her in the middle of the night. Absolutely no relevance.

Last edited:
He was found near the intersection of 96th and Woodlawn in Harvey County. WPD searched near the intersection of K-96 and Woodlawn in Sedgwick County. They didn’t bungle the lead. There would be no reason for them to think they need to check an intersection in another jurisdiction (county) unless they were specifically told that the location was in another jurisdiction.

ETA: I agree someone called in a tip for that intersection, but left out Harvey County.

Last edited:
I'm going to be VERY upset if JH doesn't have any legal consequences for what he did/didn't do. You absolutely cannot leave a child in a very clearly horrible environment, ignore what's going on, and then claim ignorance. That's absurd. The fact that he's acting like a victim at all makes me furious. I don't consider him a victim at all, and the only sympathy I have for him in this whole thing is that he had to find EG's dead body. He absolutely SHOULD feel guilty for what happened to Lucas. I obviously don't think he should be charged with murder, but he needs to get something. If he gets away with it, I'll personally feel like Lucas didn't get his justice.

Everyone is furious about DCF not intervening, as they should be. But they were the last line of defense. JH was Lucas's first line of defense and Lucas was his responsibility. How many kids does DCF have to keep track of and how many did JH have? He had two. Now he has zero, and I hope he is never responsible for another life again.
Great post!

He was found near the intersection of 96th and Woodlawn in Harvey County. WPD searched near the intersection of K-96 and Woodlawn in Sedgwick County. They didn’t bungle the lead. There would be no reason for them to think they need to check an intersection in another jurisdiction (county) unless they were specifically told that the location was in another jurisdiction.

ETA: I agree someone called in a tip for that intersection, but left out Harvey County.

If someone knew about Lucas' location... would this mean they were with EG during the disposal and their conscience had gotten the better of them? Or, EG could have told someone, and they called in the tip or someone saw EG. I am guessing the county was left out on purpose.

If someone knew about Lucas' location... would this mean they were with EG during the disposal and their conscience had gotten the better of them? Or, EG could have told someone, and they called in the tip or someone saw EG. I am guessing the county was left out on purpose.

I hope this is one of the things we are able to learn from the completed investigation.

Here’s a map. Chisholm Creek Park And 86th and Woodlawn is 38 minutes apart nearly a straight shot north on KS 135. I would almost bet someone did turn it in but either didn’t have the exact location or someone just got incorrect info.

Attachments

• B56E9963-11FD-46BB-BA69-E5299ECEF01F.png
    B56E9963-11FD-46BB-BA69-E5299ECEF01F.png
    256.2 KB · Views: 10
Here’s a map. Chisholm Creek Park And 86th and Woodlawn is 38 minutes apart nearly a straight shot north on KS 135. I would almost bet someone did turn it in but either didn’t have the exact location or someone just got incorrect info.
I think EG told someone but didn't explain the county as she didn't trust them completely. She was correct in her distrust, which also caused a wild goose chase. She wasn't worried because they were very focused in the wrong place.

No. The park is located at the 96 and another named street. (sorry can't remember the name of it right now)
Anyway, the same named location, in a different county, is where EG led DM to. So, someone told LE the street names in the beginning, but they looked in the wrong county.
I believe our WS member searchers were actually looking in the right place eventually, right before EG led DM there.

We don't know what the nature of the tip was, though. We don't know if the tip came in with "96 and woodlawn" or "I saw a woman acting strangely at Chisholm Park"?

Weren't they looking at the 96 and ?. The same names of streets but wrong county? That tells me they were told about an approximate location.

Lucas could have been found practically overnight. Why, and why not?

Little things like how EG had few friends, and fewer involved in her daily minutiae.

Little things, like the pings and when EG handed over her phone right after the 911 call.

Little things, like JO & JH meeting to discuss this awful event 'the first night after' (from NG JO interview)

JO & JH knew nothing yet:
JH drove 11 hours, arrives about 6 am Sunday, spends 10 more in interrogation & gets out around 4pm then show up wherever EG was 'at night' (late afternoon dusk) EG barely even answered that door but to act & JH leaves, hangs out with JO Sun night instead- why?
LE was searching the presumed site she'd dumped him all day. EG was holed up and not about to go near a window or door.

A parent or spouse desperately awaiting ANY news of their loved one has a hard time dealing with 'normalcy' such as time passage, self care, appropriate dress or even the least consumption for energy. They may even pace in the street, the need to move and inability to 'settle' is so strong. They're so overcome with concern for the other, that they cannot focus, or even hole up in another house behind locked doors refusing to deal with the outside world.

That's some next level grief processing.
When one knows the loved one is gone, along with any semblance of life before the event by which they've left this mortal plain.

The Chisolm Park search occurred Sunday, although I'd seen it widely reported as Monday. EG's only concern would be to follow LE's movements after she'd been released and was aware that they'd gotten this far.
Her mind was nowhere near concerned about reuniting with JH or going home to the 'Nasty (sewage) Smells' (pull ups are never enough with decomp, dummy), that had kept her company all week; she'd be concerned with her favourite friend, her cell phone.

JH makes very little mention regarding his private life (EG) and defends this vehemently. It's HIS. No one has the right to question that or defy his problematic possession of it.
Within 24 hours of EG's 911 sideshow, LE would have all they needed of JH to confirm what they already understood- He's utterly irrelevant and incapable of furthering their timeline.
JH misunderstands this to mean that LE believes EG innocent of harm, becomes disappointed that JO is not also backing up his wanton willful bliss and runs with the 'you don't see this' excuse into oblivion.

The tip that holds Lucas, lays languishing for the next consecutive 96 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member