GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so although all the TV crime shows I watch have a verdict at the end or are trying to get new leads on a still missing person's case.

Has anyone heard that Brett Seacat tried to forge his wife's suicide note but that blew up on him because co workers caught him tracing his wife's penmanship on paper?

The fuuuuuuuuuuuu?!?!?!?!?

HLN is thinking Brett may get on the stand tomorrow, 6/5/13 Wednesday. I hope we get to see it! The more I hear, the worse it sounds that he planned this whole thing out.

This article (linked above, thanks) mentions the other point I was thinking about:

" You're the one who called 911, but yet we have witnesses who said they heard gunshots 30 minutes before you called. We're not the bad guys here. We're just reporting what we know."

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/...-Night-During-Police-Interview-209175081.html

I was wondering if any of the neighbors heard a gunshot - she supposedly shot herself twice in the head? Oh my, that's hard to swallow. But neightbors hearing the shots quite a bit before he called 911 is pretty d*mning. There were what sounded like a lot of ammunition going off in the fire video, did he have lots of guns, and store everything in the house with two kids?

This article (linked above, thanks) mentions the other point I was thinking about:

" You're the one who called 911, but yet we have witnesses who said they heard gunshots 30 minutes before you called. We're not the bad guys here. We're just reporting what we know."

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/...-Night-During-Police-Interview-209175081.html

I was wondering if any of the neighbors heard a gunshot - she supposedly shot herself twice in the head? Oh my, that's hard to swallow. But neightbors hearing the shots quite a bit before he called 911 is pretty d*mning. There were what sounded like a lot of ammunition going off in the fire video, did he have lots of guns, and store everything in the house with two kids?

Did those witnesses testify?

I usually err on the side of law enforcement, mostly because I believe their service to the public entitles them to the benefit of the doubt. That said I think Seacat is 100% guilty. Sure it wasn't a great plot and one might logically think a LE officer with extensive crime scene experience would do better but I think Brett was so arrogant he didn't try very hard. I think he figured he was smarter than the cops who would respond and that they wouldn't think it was him because he thought he was above them. Overcoming the logistics of Vashti holding that large wild wild west gun and inflicting a back to front gun shot wound on herself will be difficult, at best. Then overcoming the theory that Vashti somehow started a fire, then shot herself, but managed to have no smoke or soot in her lungs is the final forensic nail in Seacat's coffin.

Did you see the size of the gun? Huge long barrel gun...I just can't believe a word from this husband's mouth. Evil plan, IMO.

He sounds very controlling and has quite the ego, IMO. The neighbor's hearing gun fire way before the fire broke out should carry some weight.

"Later in the evening, Seacat said he became a bit irritated when Vashti wanted to put the children to bed because he felt he did a better job of putting them down to sleep."

"She would just sing them a song and tell them a story and then leave," Seacat said. "I stayed with them for hours and made sure they were asleep. She didn't do that."

"Seacat eventually fell asleep downstairs on the couch and says he remembers waking up to two loud noises. Shortly after, his cell phone rang and it was Vashti."

"She said 'Are you awake?' I'm pretty sure I answered 'Yeah,'" Seacat said. "And then she said "You need to come get the boys or they're going to get hurt.'"

Here's the news clip about the prosecution thinking he used an overhead projector to forget a suicide note:

http://articles.kwch.com/2013-05-30/brett-seacat_39635951

Thanks. Everything sounds suspicious about this guy's actions! It's so upsetting to realize this beautiful woman who loved her children is gone.

http://articles.kwch.com/2013-05-30/brett-seacat_39635951

"The maintenance supervisor at the Law Enforcement Training Center also testified. Gerald Devine told jurors how he watched Seacat torched two hard drives. Seacat told him he was burning them to protect the information on them and that he was getting new ones."

"The defense asked if it appeared as if Seacat was trying to hide his actions. Devine said no but he did think it was strange so he told his supervisor. He later went through the trash cans and found the drives and two cell phones.

"KBI digital investigators couldn't get any information from the drives because they were so badly damaged. But they were able to get numbers, pictures, and videos from the phones found in the trash."

Did you see the size of the gun? Huge long barrel gun...I just can't believe a word from this husband's mouth. Evil plan, IMO.

He sounds very controlling and has quite the ego, IMO. The neighbor's hearing gun fire way before the fire broke out should carry some weight.

"Later in the evening, Seacat said he became a bit irritated when Vashti wanted to put the children to bed because he felt he did a better job of putting them down to sleep."

"She would just sing them a song and tell them a story and then leave," Seacat said. "I stayed with them for hours and made sure they were asleep. She didn't do that."

"Seacat eventually fell asleep downstairs on the couch and says he remembers waking up to two loud noises. Shortly after, his cell phone rang and it was Vashti."

"She said 'Are you awake?' I'm pretty sure I answered 'Yeah,'" Seacat said. "And then she said "You need to come get the boys or they're going to get hurt.'"

I haven't seen the gun yet, know where a pic of it is?

Guess you can tell, I'm got sucked into this case today. Trying to catch up, but everything I find out has been disturbing. IMO, the husband premeditated killing her. I can't help feeling there's no way Vashti did this.

Check out the journal entries she supposely wrote.

http://www.kwch.com/kwch-jab-photos-brett-seacat-trial-20130521,0,5227987.photogallery
This is a pic of Vashti's journal entry. The last line to her sons says, "I love the two of you and will be watching over you from Heaven."

So who thinks this defendant will take the stand?

If he's arrogant enough to stage the scene and believe that his fellow officers would take his word on anything he said, I definitely believe he will.

I think he had to use the story that he picked her up only to find her dead and put her back on the bed to explain why the gun was under her body. Nothing else makes sense to me.
I find his story ridiculous. With all of his CSI knowledge- maybe that is how he planned to get away with it, by doing thingsa seasoned officer knows would never pass the smell test.
moo

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I agree I think he was angry that she filed for the divorce and decided to murder her. IMO that gun looked too heavy to commit suicide with. She owned a much smaller gun.

If this trial was closer I would attend, but it is about 3 hrs from where I live. I would love to see him testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txstar