GUILTY KY - AF, 15, found alive, taken by Daniel York, 50, Monticello,14 Mar 2018 *arrest*

This thread is dead. I just think this case is very intriguing, I would guess more people would be discussing it. Poor kid.

It's not dead it's just that there's no news coming out for AF and her mother Rosselys. There are members here checking msm regularly but there's not much to talk about with so little information from LE from Kentucky or Florida. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Kentucky has problems.

3rd teacher from same Kentucky high school charged with sex abuse crimes involving minors

I think it's loaded with perverts. They don't care enough about young people to keep them safe. How are they going to care about a recent arrival who is from another country...AND...she's black.

AF doesn't have a chance of this state caring enough to fight to find her.

I'm getting depressed about the people who are simply just swept under the rug.

Kentucky has problems.

3rd teacher from same Kentucky high school charged with sex abuse crimes involving minors

I think it's loaded with perverts. They don't care enough about young people to keep them safe. How are they going to care about a recent arrival who is from another country...AND...she's black.

AF doesn't have a chance of this state caring enough to fight to find her.

I'm getting depressed about the people who are simply just swept under the rug.
She's black? Lol. I seriously didn't even know that. I assumed she was hispanic. Not that it matters to me, but you mentioned it was a reason they weren't looking for her.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

She's black? Lol. I seriously didn't even know that. I assumed she was hispanic. Not that it matters to me, but you mentioned it was a reason they weren't looking for her.

NCMEC lists her as Hispanic. Due to her country of origin-- Dominican Republic she is most likely a mixture of races. The race issue is complex the DR. Here is a bog post that explains a little background: Study Abroad Dominican Republic Blog | Service Learning | CIEE - Race and Identity in the Dominican Republic: A Complex Topic
and Wikipedia has a good overview of the history: Dominican Republic - Wikipedia

Google "Race and the Dominican Republic" and you will see lots of different articles on the subject. We had a bit of this discussion in the UID thread for the woman in the suitcase that was submitted as possibly being Rossalys. So as to not make this about race I think we should just say AF is a person of color (POC) and leave it at that. JMO. We have been warned by mods in other threads not to veer off into the discussion of race and whether that changes how the police search for the missing person. I would hate to see this thread get shut down because we went off topic. JMO.

NCMEC lists her as Hispanic. Due to her country of origin-- Dominican Republic she is most likely a mixture of races. The race issue is complex the DR. Here is a bog post that explains a little background: Study Abroad Dominican Republic Blog | Service Learning | CIEE - Race and Identity in the Dominican Republic: A Complex Topic
and Wikipedia has a good overview of the history: Dominican Republic - Wikipedia

Google "Race and the Dominican Republic" and you will see lots of different articles on the subject. We had a bit of this discussion in the UID thread for the woman in the suitcase that was submitted as possibly being Rossalys. So as to not make this about race I think we should just say AF is a person of color (POC) and leave it at that. JMO. We have been warned by mods in other threads not to veer off into the discussion of race and whether that changes how the police search for the missing person. I would hate to see this thread get shut down because we went off topic. JMO.
Thanks. I always see lots of other factors as reasons long before race seems to be a legit reason. The biggest factors I see in every case not reported on well are:
- no family member who is actively shouting from the rooftops
- no social media push for information
- no facebook page following and updating progress
- a person has been missing for a fair amount of time before being reported
- when it seems the police assume they are dead and are just waiting for someone to stumble upon them.
- there is too little info about a location to begin looking

Her case seems to have all but assumed dead. I would rather focus on making sure people spread the word on social media than on race. To many things need to be done before we can make that assumption. That's my opinion.

I hope the police are hot on York's trail and that is why they are not releasing updates. They may not want to tip him off if they are close to catching up to him (that's me trying to be optimistic). Unfortunately, I fear KSP may not have the resources needed to track York down and it seems like they have not done much more than issue a BOLO. York has contacts all over the country and all over the world. Why this case has not been escalated to the FBI or put out as an Amber Alert is beyond me.

Why this case has not been escalated to the FBI or put out as an Amber Alert is beyond me.

(snipped by me)

Good point. Would KSP simply have to invite the FBI to help with the investigation in order for them to deploy resources? Seems like a no-brainer if that's the case.

@kystatepolice does not reply to me on Twitter. They don‘t even have a tweet for AF, they shared @ncmec and @AngelineDC tweets shortly after AF was featured on Live PD.

I could need some help from those of you who have Twitter asking them exactly those questions until they react. ^^

Here are the tweets @kystatepolice shared. Just hit reply and address @kystatepolice (or do it in a separate tweet):
NCMEC on Twitter
Angeline Hartmann on Twitter

@kystatepolice does not reply to me on Twitter. They don‘t even have a tweet for AF, they shared @NCMEC and @AngelineDC tweets shortly after AF was featured on Live PD.

I could need some help from those of you who have Twitter asking them exactly those questions until they react. ^^

Here are the tweets @kystatepolice shared. Just hit reply and address @kystatepolice (or do it in a separate tweet):
NCMEC on Twitter
Angeline Hartmann on Twitter

Would tweeting the FBI do any good? (I have no idea if they have twitter, just throwing out a suggestion)

Would tweeting the FBI do any good? (I have no idea if they have twitter, just throwing out a suggestion)
I think in this case, LE is required to specifically ask the Feds to step in, no?

For some reason, I hope the FBI already is involved and just keeping their cards under the table. :thinking:

I think in this case, LE is required to specifically ask the Feds to step in, no?

For some reason, I hope the FBI already is involved and just keeping their cards under the table. :thinking:

I have seen other cases where the parents of a missing girl asked the FBI to step in and investigate and they did. Here is one from this year: Found Alive - TX - Maarib Al Hishmawi, 16, San Antonio, 30 Jan 2018 *Arrest*
16 year old Maarib ran away from home but her father thought she had been abducted and he asked the FBI to investigate. The FBI investigated and found her safe. The FBI also found that she had run away because she was being forced into an arranged marriage and her parents were beating her and burning her whenever she said she did not want to marry the much older man. It's a completely different situation from AF's case, but it is a good parallel example I think because Maarib and her family also are not Americans and the FBI investigated because a family member requested it. I don't know if the general public can ask the FBI to step in and get any response. But maybe if AF's family from the Dominican Republic contacted the FBI, they would look into the case? Non-American's disappearing on American soil should be an issue of national concern IMO.

Didn’t some major media report that they could be “anywhere”? And since they may believe DPY may have taken AF out of KY, wouldn’t that maybe mean that a Federal agency is involved ? (Wishing and hoping and still trying to find info on the KY or Federal “warrant” for DPY)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm the news editor of the Commonwealth Journal in Somerset, Ky. Daniel York is in custody here in the Pulaski County Detention Center charged with third-degree rape. KSP is horrible at sharing information and slow as molasses. We don't have any info on AF. Any word out there?

I'm the news editor of the Commonwealth Journal in Somerset, Ky. Daniel York is in custody here in the Pulaski County Detention Center charged with third-degree rape. KSP is horrible at sharing information and slow as molasses. We don't have any info on AF. Any word out there?

Wow, welcome Jeff Neal! Hope to see a news article soon confirming this info. So far, I have not seen any recent media updates.

He is??? Yay! Can anyone find him on Vinelink or the KY system yet?

He is??? Yay! Can anyone find him on Vinelink or the KY system yet?

He shows up here: Pulaski County Detention Center Inmates

InmateImg052018ZZZ2009044680_05312018194237.jpg

A little off topic.... I don't think I'm ever visiting Pulaski County in any state. I can't tell you how many cases I have followed where that is the name of the county with the horrible thing. Lots!!! We don't have that in Louisiana, so I never heard of it until these cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back