KY KY - Samantha Jones Sperry, 25, Graves County, 29 March 2018

This was actually a pretty good representation of what happened if I remember correctly. I am going to have to listen again. Samantha’s birthday is coming up soon, it has me back in the feels with not only her case but I’m revisiting the other cases that being involved with hers got me into. So heartbreaking that none of them have found an ending yet.

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

samantha_sperry.png

Samantha, 25 at the time, was reportedly last seen in Graves County, Kentucky on the morning of Wednesday, March 28, 2018. Authorities told Dateline that the last person to see the young mother alive was her boyfriend’s father, Dusty Holder. Dusty told police that he and Samantha had spent the previous night sleeping on a four-wheeler in the woods. In the morning, he said Samantha took off in one direction and he went in the other. Samantha hasn’t been seen since. The Graves County Sheriff’s Department told Dateline in 2018 that through search warrants, they collected and sent more than 30 pieces of evidence for examination in connection with Samantha’s disappearance. Investigators have conducted laboratory analysis of evidence that was submitted and a detailed review of electronic evidence, but said in an effort to not compromise the integrity of the ongoing investigation, more specific details cannot be released at this time.

Authorities said they worked with the Kentucky State Police to try to triangulate cell phones to get a clear picture of people’s whereabouts at various time frames surrounding Samantha’s disappearance, but it has not led to her location. Police also say they have questioned both Samantha’s boyfriend, Rhen Hendrickson, and his father, Dusty, multiple times and both have passed polygraph tests. In 2020, the FBI and other outside agencies joined the investigation to help with interviewing and re-interviewing witnesses or persons of interest, conduct a detailed and methodical review of all electronic evidence, and laboratory analysis of evidence submitted. There have been no arrests or persons of interest named in connection to Samantha’s disappearance. Despite many searches by local, state and federal officials, investigators have little evidence to lead to her whereabouts, but authorities say the case is still open and active. West Kentucky Crime Stoppers and Samantha’s family are offering a $10,000 reward to the person or persons who provide information to law enforcement that results in discovering Samantha’s location, or results in the arrest and conviction of the person or persons involved with her disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to contact the FBI at 502-263-6000, or West Kentucky Crime Stoppers at 270-443-TELL, Kentucky State Police at 270-856-3721, or the Graves County Sheriff’s Office at 270-247-4501 or at sperrytips@gravescountyky.gov.

DEC 5, 2022

25-year-old Samantha Sperry was reportedly last seen in Graves County, Kentucky on the morning of Wednesday, March 28, 2018. Authorities told Dateline that the last person to see the young mother alive was her boyfriend’s father, Dusty Holder. Dusty told police that he and Samantha had spent the previous night sleeping on a four-wheeler in the woods. He said that in the morning Samantha took off in one direction and he went in the other. Samantha hasn’t been seen since. The Graves County Sheriff’s Department told Dateline in 2018 that through search warrants, they collected and sent more than 30 pieces of evidence for examination in connection with Samantha’s disappearance. Investigators conducted laboratory analysis of evidence that was submitted and a detailed review of electronic evidence, but said in an effort to not compromise the integrity of the ongoing investigation, more specific details could not be released. Authorities said they worked with the Kentucky State Police to try to triangulate cell phones to get a clear picture of people’s whereabouts at various time frames surrounding Samantha’s disappearance, but it has not led to her location. Police also say they have questioned both Samantha’s boyfriend, Rhen Hendrickson, and his father, Dusty, multiple times and both have passed polygraph tests. In 2020, the FBI and other outside agencies joined the investigation to help with interviewing and re-interviewing witnesses or persons of interest, conducting a detailed and methodical review of all electronic evidence, and laboratory analysis of evidence submitted. There have been no arrests or persons of interest named in connection to Samantha’s disappearance. As of November 2022, there have been no further updates but authorities say the case is still open and active. West Kentucky Crime Stoppers and Samantha’s family are offering a $5,000 reward to the person or persons who provide information to law enforcement that results in discovering Samantha’s location, or results in the arrest and conviction of the person or persons involved with her disappearance. Samantha is described as being 5’6” and weighs about 125 lbs. She has hazel eyes and blonde hair, and was last seen wearing gray sweatpants and a hoodie. She would be 29 years old today. Anyone with information is asked to contact the FBI at 502-263-6000, or West Kentucky Crime Stoppers at 270-443-TELL, Kentucky State Police at 270-856-3721, or the Graves County Sheriff’s Office at 270-247-4501 or at sperrytips@gravescountyky.gov.

I was a friend of hers, a long time ago. When I heard what happened, I dove into the whole thing. There's a lot of stuff that doesnt make sense. I'm not sure why they just stopped looking. There's more going on here. Please, has anyone looked further into this case?

I was a friend of hers, a long time ago. When I heard what happened, I dove into the whole thing. There's a lot of stuff that doesnt make sense. I'm not sure why they just stopped looking. There's more going on here. Please, has anyone looked further into this case?

I haven't learned anything further than what is available on here. There are rumors/gossip on other discussion sites out there that we can't link here, but nothing provided to substantiate that information (which is why we can't bring it here.) I get the feeling that law enforcement probably knows what happened to Samantha but hasn't been able to pull together enough evidence to pursue charges.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and hope that eventually her remains will be located and there will be enough evidence to charge and convict those responsible for her death.

I am sorry for your loss. You said somethings don't make sense. Can you share?

Hey Everyone,
I have connected up with someone very close to this case. I hope to talk to them more in-depth soon and report back. Sorry if this has been posted already

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back