Found Deceased KY - Shadow McClaine, 25, Clarksville, 2 Sept 2016 *Arrests*

She specifically says they are attempting to chapter her for stalking, harassing, and threatening, I would say possibly Chapter 11 or 13, but probably 14. I believe the first weight listed on documents, the 170ish, was a typo on someone's part, because no photo I've seen of her makes her look as if she weighs 170.

Glad you mentioned this. I saw no photos of her that would indicate she weighed that much either. Granted I don't see lots of recent photos so the stress from the past year could have caused her to gain weight. If so, the military did have program for weight loss, and couldn't discharge for being overweight. I have a friend that actually retired from AF and she was in that program for the last few years of service. She is getting partial disability because she didn't weigh much when she enlisted, and hasn't lost the weight. No idea how that works.

If the weight is wrong, the family, or someone in authority needs to change it because people are going to be looking for a short, overweight, beautiful lady. If she unfortunately ends up as an unidentified, that weight is going to throw people off from identifying her, IMO! Of course her finger prints, and DNA should be available and she has multiple tattoos.

Family needs to try to get photos of those tattoos out to the public! If any are viewable, people will be able to identify her based on those.

I still look at all red head guys and look for the tattoo for Bryce.....a different case!

My first impression was of Teleka Patrick when I started reading this thread....after seeing all her media postings, I'm not getting that same impression. While some of Shadow's perception is based on her point of view, I don't believe all of it is based on paranoia, or hallucinations, etc. I do believe they are reality based. Whether she is innocent or not of her charges, I don't think they are based on her mental instability.

In the reports at the time of her breaking up, and divorcing, of course the emotions are raw, and she's not wanting a divorce, or to believe what is happening. IMO, that time frame would have shown the most irrational behavior, if any existed, not 2 yrs after the divorce. If they were both still stationed at the same base through the divorce and now, then the military failed on that. They should have been in separate bases or given the option to change bases. But I'm not sure how their policy works...

My first impression was of Teleka Patrick when I started reading this thread....after seeing all her media postings, I'm not getting that same impression. While some of Shadow's perception is based on her point of view, I don't believe all of it is based on paranoia, or hallucinations, etc. I do believe they are reality based. Whether she is innocent or not of her charges, I don't think they are based on her mental instability.

In the reports at the time of her breaking up, and divorcing, of course the emotions are raw, and she's not wanting a divorce, or to believe what is happening. IMO, that time frame would have shown the most irrational behavior, if any existed, not 2 yrs after the divorce. If they were both still stationed at the same base through the divorce and now, then the military failed on that. They should have been in separate bases or given the option to change bases. But I'm not sure how their policy works...

She has had two other warrants out for her arrest besides this current one, which makes Three warrants. The earliest warrant being Dec. 11, 2015.

https://mcgtn.org/sheriff/warrant-search

http://tennessee.arrests.org/Arrests/Shadow_Mcclaine_22765173/

There was also this arrest back on May 18, 2015.

This is not just something that has recently happened. This is ongoing issues for her.

She is a PFC with five years in service. There's something NOT RIGHT with that.

Shadow where are you?

IMOO.

In everything posted by Shadow, I can't find anything that mentions an attorney for her! Was she going to court representing herself? She mentions attending court a few times, so I don't think she left to avoid court. It seems for at least a year, or more she's been dealing with the accusations, arrests, courts, etc. It wasn't 'new' to her. She's 25, and a prolific poster on various social media venues. I see stress, the starting to color in the adult coloring books for relaxation, reading more books, getting out and enjoying nature, etc. Healthy ways of dealing with an increase in stress. So far I've read nothing about doc appts, or psych appts, only about the charges, a boyfriend very infrequently mentioned as if she's protecting him, photo of her roller blading, again, nothing blaring obvious as a mental illness, or unhealthy way of dealing with life.

She even mentions the arrests, that her mug shots have been shared, her wishes for an honorable discharge...so she isn't hiding, the bad, and only reporting the good. IMO. She's posting as she sees things happening.

She was house sitting, and then vanished. Very unusual for anyone that takes on the responsibility of someone else's pets, and home to just leave with no notice at all. VERY unusual. People that I know that do pet and house sitting are reliable. It's a job they enjoy, and it's extra income, for little work. In this case, it also allowed a place for Shadow to go off base and be away from the drama and stress.

I'm not surprised to not see much from people on the base. Social media IS monitored by the military. I'm surprised someone hadn't told Shadow to make her stuff private, but she wasn't revealing anything against military policies that I've seen. (My Brother does monitoring of Social Media as one aspect of his career.) I'm not even surprised that it appears from her postings she isn't getting the support from her command officer. Unfortunately, just like in civilian life, who reports first usually gets the benefit of being supported. Gaslighting DOES happen.

If her husband could potential lose his military position, salary, or be discharged, he is going to fight that. Just as Shadow needs to fight those charges against her. She's accused, but not found guilty. If she was experience something psychiatric, I feel her commanding officer, or others in the unit would have reported that and had her in treatment before discharging if the issue was something that would affect her career. Even counseling to get through this should have been offered, but I'm seeing nothing to indicate she was talking to anyone.

I'm worried for Shadow. I don't know if she missing due to foul play, and if foul whether it's someone she knew, or a complete stranger. I don't think she left on her own, as in hiding, though the possibility of anyone missing under this much stress committing suicide is worth considering.

http://usacac.army.mil/sites/default/files/documents/sja/ChapterandEliminationChecklist.pdf

Just because she didn't mention in social media that she was offered counseling, doesn't mean that she hasn't been offered, and been counseled, and was offered time to improve herself.

IMOO.

Glad you mentioned this. I saw no photos of her that would indicate she weighed that much either. Granted I don't see lots of recent photos so the stress from the past year could have caused her to gain weight. If so, the military did have program for weight loss, and couldn't discharge for being overweight. I have a friend that actually retired from AF and she was in that program for the last few years of service. She is getting partial disability because she didn't weigh much when she enlisted, and hasn't lost the weight. No idea how that works.

If the weight is wrong, the family, or someone in authority needs to change it because people are going to be looking for a short, overweight, beautiful lady. If she unfortunately ends up as an unidentified, that weight is going to throw people off from identifying her, IMO! Of course her finger prints, and DNA should be available and she has multiple tattoos.

Family needs to try to get photos of those tattoos out to the public! If any are viewable, people will be able to identify her based on those.

I still look at all red head guys and look for the tattoo for Bryce.....a different case!

Yes, there is a program in the military to lose weight, and yes, they can be charged with Chapter 18: Weight Control Failure. They have to have ample time to rehabilitate. They can be chaptered out if they fail to meet the requirements.

http://usacac.army.mil/sites/default/files/documents/sja/ChapterandEliminationChecklist.pdf

Are there photos of Shadow recent?

Does anybody know how old they are?

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/army-weight-rules.html

A female that is 5 foot 3 inches tall between the ages of 21-27, the maximum weight is 143 pounds.

A female that is 5 foot 4 inches tall between the ages of 21-27, the maximum weight is 147 pounds.

https://jailalert.com/arrest-records/shadow-mcclaine-5941310.html#footnote2

The above link shows the arrest date of January 12, 2016, with record date of January 15, 2016

It lists her height as 5 foot 4, and the weight 157 pounds.

https://jailalert.com/arrest-records/shadow-mcclaine-125914.html

This above link arrest date from May 18, 2015 record date July 27, 2015, lists her height as 5 foot 4 , and 154 pounds.

These links for the jail arrest also state that there can be errors.

I listed these links because if these are true in height and weight, then there could be an issue with Shadow's weight, in my opinion.

ALSO: This is the maximum allowed body fat percentage:

"Age Group: 21-27
Male (% body fat): %22
Female (% body fat): %32"
"AR 600-9 The Army Weight Control Program, dated 01 September 2006."

http://www.armystudyguide.com/conte...eight_control/maximum-allowable-percent.shtml

I have a friend in the military that had issues with the weight requirements--NOT because he was too fat but because he lifted weights and had bulked up too much muscle. He was not a big dude at all so I was amazed when he said he was over the weight allowances. He explained to me that as long as he was below the body fat percentage they could not do anything about him being "over weight". He would always get flagged it seems at weigh in but then they checked his body fat percentage and said he was fine. They preferred for him to be regulation weight but there was nothing they could do about it--their eyes could see he was not fat and his body fat tests proved it. This is just going off his word for it but he never got kicked out and rose in ranks over the years, etc. Perhaps the apparent weight discrepancy for Shadow is something similar--maybe her gain in weight was from lifting and gaining muscle? They have a free gym to work out on base and if she was really being stalked by someone she might have wanted to get even stronger to fight off anyone she thought was after her.

I have a friend in the military that had issues with the weight requirements--NOT because he was too fat but because he lifted weights and had bulked up too much muscle. He was not a big dude at all so I was amazed when he said he was over the weight allowances. He explained to me that as long as he was below the body fat percentage they could not do anything about him being "over weight". He would always get flagged it seems at weigh in but then they checked his body fat percentage and said he was fine. They preferred for him to be regulation weight but there was nothing they could do about it--their eyes could see he was not fat and his body fat tests proved it. This is just going off his word for it but he never got kicked out and rose in ranks over the years, etc. Perhaps the apparent weight discrepancy for Shadow is something similar--maybe her gain in weight was from lifting and gaining muscle? They have a free gym to work out on base and if she was really being stalked by someone she might have wanted to get even stronger to fight off anyone she thought was after her.

I agree. It depends on her body fat percentage as well.
The maximum allowed is 32 percent for her age rage, although that article I posted in my earlier post, mentioned that the military stresses a goal of maximum 26 percent body fat for her age range.
http://www.armystudyguide.com/conte...eight_control/maximum-allowable-percent.shtml
IMOO.

In everything posted by Shadow, I can't find anything that mentions an attorney for her! Was she going to court representing herself? She mentions attending court a few times, so I don't think she left to avoid court. It seems for at least a year, or more she's been dealing with the accusations, arrests, courts, etc. It wasn't 'new' to her. She's 25, and a prolific poster on various social media venues. I see stress, the starting to color in the adult coloring books for relaxation, reading more books, getting out and enjoying nature, etc. Healthy ways of dealing with an increase in stress. So far I've read nothing about doc appts, or psych appts, only about the charges, a boyfriend very infrequently mentioned as if she's protecting him, photo of her roller blading, again, nothing blaring obvious as a mental illness, or unhealthy way of dealing with life.

She even mentions the arrests, that her mug shots have been shared, her wishes for an honorable discharge...so she isn't hiding, the bad, and only reporting the good. IMO. She's posting as she sees things happening.

She was house sitting, and then vanished. Very unusual for anyone that takes on the responsibility of someone else's pets, and home to just leave with no notice at all. VERY unusual. People that I know that do pet and house sitting are reliable. It's a job they enjoy, and it's extra income, for little work. In this case, it also allowed a place for Shadow to go off base and be away from the drama and stress.

I'm not surprised to not see much from people on the base. Social media IS monitored by the military. I'm surprised someone hadn't told Shadow to make her stuff private, but she wasn't revealing anything against military policies that I've seen. (My Brother does monitoring of Social Media as one aspect of his career.) I'm not even surprised that it appears from her postings she isn't getting the support from her command officer. Unfortunately, just like in civilian life, who reports first usually gets the benefit of being supported. Gaslighting DOES happen.

If her husband could potential lose his military position, salary, or be discharged, he is going to fight that. Just as Shadow needs to fight those charges against her. She's accused, but not found guilty. If she was experience something psychiatric, I feel her commanding officer, or others in the unit would have reported that and had her in treatment before discharging if the issue was something that would affect her career. Even counseling to get through this should have been offered, but I'm seeing nothing to indicate she was talking to anyone.

I'm worried for Shadow. I don't know if she missing due to foul play, and if foul whether it's someone she knew, or a complete stranger. I don't think she left on her own, as in hiding, though the possibility of anyone missing under this much stress committing suicide is worth considering.

RBBM.

I was just wondering about that ("Was she going to court representing herself?") this morning. As Treelights pointed out (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ille-2-September-2016&p=12843692#post12843692), Shadow currently has three outstanding warrants for her arrest: The first two (issue dates: 12/11/15 and 6/3/16) are for COR or violation of condition of release. I suspect that these charges arise from Shadow possibly violating the order of protection previously filed by her ex-husband (her mom has said Shadow and her ex-husband had a restraining order against each other).

The most recent warrant, issued on 9/7/16 -the day after she was scheduled to appear in court- is for GS CAPIAS, which, as I understand, means that a grand Jury has already determined that there is probable cause to require the person (in this case, Shadow) to stand trial in a criminal court (http://da.nashville.gov/the-courtroom/), which leads me to suspect that the State has a reasonable case against her.

Shadow's mom last heard from her in the evening of September 2nd -via text-, or the Friday before Labor Day weekend. She also says she called the base the following Tuesday morning -the first business day after the long weekend-, and one of the lieutenants there told her Shadow didn't show up for her shift. Shadow was supposed to appear in court at 1:30 PM that same day. While it is possible that Shadow worked the graveyard shirt, had asked for the afternoon off, etc., if she was scheduled to work that Tuesday, I wonder if Shadow had been preparing for her court appearance at all, including retaining an attorney, or if she was planning on appearing in court at all. After all, she was never taken into custody despite the two previous arrest warrants, one of which had been issued almost a year ago. Perhaps she thought nothing would happen to her this this time, either, even if she missed her court date.

As far as her being very open about her arrests, maybe to Shadow, the charges were truly baseless, or that in her mind, she had done nothing wrong. She might have even thought that her alleged criminal actions against her ex-husband were justified. No reason to hide, be ashamed, because she didn't do anything wrong.

It hasn't been referenced much in recent articles (that I am aware of), but at least in the beginning, it was reported that she was supposed to house-sit for a friend in Clarksville, KY; the owner of the home even stated there was evidence showing that Shadow was there, thought it did not appear that she was there the entire time she was supposed to be there. I wonder if Shadow received some crucial, devastating information regarding her pending court case and/or Chapter situation in days leading up to Friday, September 2nd that she didn't know about before, and faced with the news, suddenly it dawned on her that she really was in serious trouble. Perhaps she received a word that the State had a video of her vandalizing her ex-husband's (or his current partner's) property, or of her following (stalking) them. Maybe she started to wonder the Chapter process would be even further delayed due to the case, and/or, if convicted in civilian court, she might be court-martialed and dishonorably discharged. Maybe she suddenly became overwhelmed and fled.

One thing I find interesting is that Clarksville, KY is approximately a half hour north of Fort Campbell, where as Clarksville, TN -where she was supposed to appear in court- is about a half hour south of Fort Campbell. My guess is that it would be much easier for TN authorities to locate and arrest Shadow at her place of employment -Fort Campbell- than in Clarksville, KY. Yet, her car was found in Nashville, which is an additional hour drive to the southeast from Clarksville, TN. Distraught, perhaps Shadow made an impulsive decision to drive to Nashville to catch a bus back to CA, thinking she might as well go AWOL now, rather than to face a possible conviction in civilian court and/or court-martial; after all, the two previous arrest warrants did nothing, leading her to believe that no one would come after her this time, either (maybe not the TN authorities, but I would think that the Army personnel would). Maybe on her way to the bus station, however, she calmed down a bit, and started to doubt her decision, causing her to do something extreme, like taking her own life (speaking of which, does Shadow own a gun, and if so, has the gun been located?). Another possibility, as you mentioned, is that she was harmed by someone, likely a stranger, which, generally speaking, would be less likely, IMO. Either way, sadly, I do not believe that Shadow is alive any more :(.

Two charges of vandalism....any details on those anywhere?

ichi, I am not sure about that. Maybe?? IMOO.

The last subpoena was served to an additional party and that status date was the day before Shadow went missing.

And the orders of protection for and against Shadow...

When she was the defendant, the filing date was Nov. 2, 2015. It was disposed Nov. 19, 2015. It also lists hearing date of Nov. 18, 2015, Case Dismissed.

When she was the plaintiff, the filing date was Nov. 25, 2015. It was disposed Jan. 13, 2016. The hearing date for this was

December 9, 2015, but the case was Rescheduled. So… the hearing date was Jan. 13, 2016 and the Case Dismissed.

https://montgomery.tncrtinfo.com/cvCaseList.aspx

This is in General Sessions, CIVIL, search by party name.

I have to say, if she's voluntarily missing, she's extraordinarily smart to have not been spotted at least once. I'm leaning towards either her harming herself or someone else has harmed her. Without independent resources, I don't see how she could be surviving. Unfortunately, with the military doing the investigating, we're not going to hear anything, they are definitely tight lipped.

Can I just add my two cents as a female veteran? Gaslighting in the military is very real. Also, I don't care how you feel about my following statement but if you're a pretty lady in the Army, you know it's true. Pretty females in the Army have it hard. You may think I'm saying "oh poor me, I'm so pretty, I had such a tough time" but it's true. There wasn't a single day that went by in my time in the service when I wasn't harassed in one way or the other, usually sexually. But I would be labeled a "narc" if I complained. It was worse than high school. Seriously, think about that. Not a single day in my three years went by without being harassed somehow. You just get used to it.

When I was in Iraq, while I was an E-3, I turned down an E-7's advances. He then stole my weapon while I was asleep & placed it outside my AO, trying to get me in trouble. The ONLY reason I wasn't court-martialed is because a less-pretty (therefore more trustworthy in the eyes of many of the men & even women in the military) vouched for me because she actually tripped over my weapon, which was laying next to me, when she got up to use the latrine. If she has been a "pretty" girl, I would still be in Leavenworth.

Just my two cents. The Army is tough on pretty girls & if you're remotely pretty, you're in for it.

Can I just add my two cents as a female veteran? Gaslighting in the military is very real. Also, I don't care how you feel about my following statement but if you're a pretty lady in the Army, you know it's true. Pretty females in the Army have it hard. You may think I'm saying "oh poor me, I'm so pretty, I had such a tough time" but it's true. There wasn't a single day that went by in my time in the service when I wasn't harassed in one way or the other, usually sexually. But I would be labeled a "narc" if I complained. It was worse than high school. Seriously, think about that. Not a single day in my three years went by without being harassed somehow. You just get used to it.

When I was in Iraq, while I was an E-3, I turned down an E-7's advances. He then stole my weapon while I was asleep & placed it outside my AO, trying to get me in trouble. The ONLY reason I wasn't court-martialed is because a less-pretty (therefore more trustworthy in the eyes of many of the men & even women in the military) vouched for me because she actually tripped over my weapon, which was laying next to me, when she got up to use the latrine. If she has been a "pretty" girl, I would still be in Leavenworth.

Just my two cents. The Army is tough on pretty girls & if you're remotely pretty, you're in for it.

I am sorry to hear this.

I am an Army Brat and it makes me sad to hear how you were treated.

IMOO.

ETA:

Your post made me think of the sexual harassment that has occurred to dependent/family members as well.

My mother and I have both been harassed. I was not a soldier, but I was a dependent/ family member and later a wife of a soldier, as well.

Sexual Harassment occurs to many women, not just female soldiers.

I do understand your pain. It was not on a daily basis for me or for my mother but the times it did occur, was jarring.

I do THANK YOU for serving our Country. It means the WORLD to me!!!!! Thank You.

IMOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back