Found Deceased KY - Shadow McClaine, 25, Clarksville, 2 Sept 2016 *Arrests*

You just made me think of something. I'm not caught up yet so forgive me if it's been brought up but if she DID go into hiding because she was that scared, she may not have told her mom because her mom could get into trouble for helping her be AWOL. She may not have wanted people to be dragged into it anymore than they already were.

I would hope if she did go AWOL, she would find a way to get a message to her mom....just an anonymous note but with something that would let her mom know it really IS from her and she's ok, just hiding. And since she seemed to be pretty close to her mom and they talked daily, I just feel as if she would find a way to let her mom know. Just projecting my own feelings, I guess.
Where are you, Shadow?

I would hope if she did go AWOL, she would find a way to get a message to her mom....just an anonymous note but with something that would let her mom know it really IS from her and she's ok, just hiding. And since she seemed to be pretty close to her mom and they talked daily, I just feel as if she would find a way to let her mom know. Just projecting my own feelings, I guess.
Where are you, Shadow?

It was just a hypothesis. If I ever went AWOL while I was still in, there'd be a good reason for it & nobody would know. I wouldn't take the risk. Just a theory I was putting out there.

Also, to all of you who thanked me for my service, I never know what to say except thank you back! It was an honor to have served & while I'm not sure I'd do it all again, I don't regret my time in service.

Well this lady appreciates you :slapfight: for our country! :loveyou:

I have been away for awhile. Is there a MSM link for the request for life insurance information from her supervisor, or did I miss that MSM info in the thread?

IMOO.
No. I got the information about the insurance papers directly from someone who was right there at that time, which sent chills down their spines I was told.

We can look at each theory and find that they all are possible, but some just do not seem probable. Specifically, the theory that she has chosen to go AWOL, just doesn't seem likely. You could argue that she wouldn't communicate with her mom so her mom wouldn't have to face any problems with investigators, as LavenderLotus suggested. That would be likely if she actually did go AWOL intentionally, but I can't help but think this is such an unlikely scenario based on a couple of factors.
One is that it just wouldn't make sense for her to go AWOL because she was 1 month away from getting out anyway and she was, very much, looking forward to getting back home.
The second thought I have against it is, I'm sure most people here have read her responses to whatever has been written about her on the home wrecker site, that cheating spouse site or whatever it is and even the site that has her mugshots on them. She has made several loud, proud and long winded posts on every one of them. I mean like 4 or 5 separate posts each. Much of each of them are just ranting as if she is not being heard, but needs to get things off her chest.
So, do you really think she could go a few days, let alone an a entire month without defending her self and position? It just doesn't seem likely, especially after seeing her posts where her mugshots are. I mean, all comments are from her.
I'm not badmouthing or judging her, because I can't say that I wouldn't do the same thing, but I am saying that I doubt she could keep quiet this long. She seems more of the "In your face" type.

I'd be interested to know where her criminal charges were at in the process and what outcome was likely. If I was facing all of those charges I would feel like the world was about to come crashing down on me. I can see how the stress might make someone suicidal.

Just my guess, but my instinct is that Shadow probably was engaging in the stalking behaviours. Just a guess and I may be wrong. My reasons for thinking so are 1) there are numerous charges and there has to be some degree of evidence in order for an arrest to be made, and 2) her online behaviour makes me think that she'd become very fixated on what happened and couldn't move on past her feelings of betrayal.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm just really worried about her state of mind. She'd been through a lot in a few years with the breakdown of her marriage and betrayal, it seems like the army hadn't been especially kind to her, and she'd had the trauma of her service overseas. She was close to her mum but her mum is a long way away. It makes me worry for her emotional state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I got the information about the insurance papers directly from someone who was right there at that time, which sent chills down their spines I was told.

So the person works for the insurance company that Shadow has a policy with or are you saying that it is through the military and your source is with the military? For now this is hearsay and not allowed per the TOS unless you're a verified insider. You seem to have a lot of "inside" information and make very certain claims. Are you a friend of hers or of her family? If so you need to become verified as others mentioned previously to make these specific statements without proof to back them up.

Has her ex and his posse suddenly become quiet about anything Shadow related, compared to previously?

We can look at each theory and find that they all are possible, but some just do not seem probable. Specifically, the theory that she has chosen to go AWOL, just doesn't seem likely. You could argue that she wouldn't communicate with her mom so her mom wouldn't have to face any problems with investigators, as LavenderLotus suggested. That would be likely if she actually did go AWOL intentionally, but I can't help but think this is such an unlikely scenario based on a couple of factors.
One is that it just wouldn't make sense for her to go AWOL because she was 1 month away from getting out anyway and she was, very much, looking forward to getting back home.
The second thought I have against it is, I'm sure most people here have read her responses to whatever has been written about her on the home wrecker site, that cheating spouse site or whatever it is and even the site that has her mugshots on them. She has made several loud, proud and long winded posts on every one of them. I mean like 4 or 5 separate posts each. Much of each of them are just ranting as if she is not being heard, but needs to get things off her chest.
So, do you really think she could go a few days, let alone an a entire month without defending her self and position? It just doesn't seem likely, especially after seeing her posts where her mugshots are. I mean, all comments are from her.
I'm not badmouthing or judging her, because I can't say that I wouldn't do the same thing, but I am saying that I doubt she could keep quiet this long. She seems more of the "In your face" type.

I really appreciate your insight and input, Big_Bry, and very much hope that you will consider becoming a verified insider. You appear to have access to some valuable information regarding Shadow's case, and while it must be considered hearsay as per TOS at this point, I do find your statement regarding Shadow's life insurance policy very intriguing. I really would like to hear from someone who may have been familiar with Shadow's activities, behavior and/or her state of mind in the days leading up to her disappearance; I have been looking through the "Find" FB page this morning, and one thing I have noticed is that there aren't very many posts by those who might have been friends with her, which I find unusual in cases like this. We really could use your help!

I mentioned awhile back that I thought it was possible she was sneaking around to gather information or whatnot and became accidentally injured. Or got caught sneaking and was purposefully injured in the heat of the moment.

It was just a hypothesis. If I ever went AWOL while I was still in, there'd be a good reason for it & nobody would know. I wouldn't take the risk. Just a theory I was putting out there.

Oh Lavender Lotus, I'm so sorry if my post came across as if I was criticizing your post or anything - I never meant to sound like that. Please forgive me if it sounded that way. I didn't mean that at all. I think you bring up a valid point and I appreciate your point of view.
I'm sorry if I worded that post poorly.

I'd be interested to know where her criminal charges were at in the process and what outcome was likely. If I was facing all of those charges I would feel like the world was about to come crashing down on me. I can see how the stress might make someone suicidal.

Just my guess, but my instinct is that Shadow probably was engaging in the stalking behaviours. Just a guess and I may be wrong. My reasons for thinking so are 1) there are numerous charges and there has to be some degree of evidence in order for an arrest to be made, and 2) her online behaviour makes me think that she'd become very fixated on what happened and couldn't move on past her feelings of betrayal.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm just really worried about her state of mind. She'd been through a lot in a few years with the breakdown of her marriage and betrayal, it seems like the army hadn't been especially kind to her, and she'd had the trauma of her service overseas. She was close to her mum but her mum is a long way away. It makes me worry for her emotional state.

I agree Jellybean. At one time, I thought suicide to be the most likely theory, but what makes it difficult to settle on that one is that it's very uncommon for someone to drive 70 miles away and then to find a place so secluded that no one finds your body for at least a month. They usually do it in a place they are comfortable and won't have their bodies ripped apart by animals. We fear the same in death as we would life. But to drive an hour away gives you too much time to reconsider.
I don't know, but I do believe she met with foul play by a stranger or acquaintance, but not anyone she knows or has known intimately.

There's been several cases of missing military females, and IIRC, none were AWOL. They were murdered by someone they knew.

Did anyone else see this out of Fort Campbell? 6 soldiers, 2 civilians charged in theft of Army equipment. Just bringing it up because it seems a lot is happening at Campbell lately. I realize it IS a huge post though..... I'm not saying it's connected to our Shadow's disappearance (and I don't think n k she had anything to do with the thefts personally) but it did set my mind thinking.....which sometimes gets me introuble (lol).
https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-soldiers-2-civilians-charged-theft-army-equipment-225532449.html

Did anyone else see this out of Fort Campbell? 6 soldiers, 2 civilians charged in theft of Army equipment. Just bringing it up because it seems a lot is happening at Campbell lately. I realize it IS a huge post though..... I'm not saying it's connected to our Shadow's disappearance (and I don't think n k she had anything to do with the thefts personally) but it did set my mind thinking.....which sometimes gets me introuble (lol).
https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-soldiers-2-civilians-charged-theft-army-equipment-225532449.html

What was Shadow's job on base? Do we know?

IIRC, according to her LinkedIn something to do with aviation.

What was Shadow's job on base? Do we know?

I should clarify, I'm not saying I think Shadow was involved at all in those thefts. But what if she was in a position where she "knew too much" and someone got concerned she was going to tell? Maybe this is why CID has kept such a tight lid on all details in Shadow's case. Or maybe it's all unrelated but, man, it really makes you think....:thinking:

IIRC, according to her LinkedIn something to do with aviation.

Found it: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shadow-mcclaine-a479728a

-TTCS Operator K16 Airbase,South Korea-Set up and tore down TTCS Equipment and Antennas,Driver of TTCS Humvee on multiple field missions, performed generator maintenance,Operated in makeshift and actual ATC towers, conducted Air Traffic Control operations on many missions, culminating in my TTCS rating 5 April 2013.
-COMSEC Custodian for Fox 3-2 GSAB K16 Korea, May 2012-April 2013
-Rear Detachment personnel for F Co 7101 GSAB, June 2013-June 2014
-Overstrength personnel with F Co 7101 at Fob Shank,Afghanistan. Performed Flight Data and Ground Control duties June 2014-August 2014.
-Handle paperwork for unit personnel at the company level as Ops personnel for F Co 6101 ATS, August 2015-present.

Under experience it says: 15Q-Air Traffic Controller

BBM.

They only let the smartest academic minds work as ATCs. Much respect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back