Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022 - #2

In not one of the many quotes provided does it say the photo was taken at 8:15 a.m.

I note that 8:15 a.m. is now being muddled with 8:30 a.m., but there is no confirmation the picture was taken at 8:30 a.m., either.

These are, however, the times given for GZ's observations of Terri and Kyron in the classroom, with no indication that there were other, later observations.

Desiree doesn’t simply ask us to take her word on the time; Desiree told us the time, 8:45 a.m., was confirmed with technology.

That is Desiree asking us to take her word on the time.

Personally, I'd like to forget what Desiree and the Morris book said <modsnip> I'd like to discuss the facts of the case as known to the police. Since there were no security cameras in the school, pictures taken by those that were there seem the most likely to hold the clues to solving this case especially any taken in the hallways. I doubt the abductor would be in the room where parents were taking so many pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'd like to forget what Desiree and the Morris book said <modsnip> I'd like to discuss the facts of the case as known to the police. Since there were no security cameras in the school, pictures taken by those that were there seem the most likely to hold the clues to solving this case especially any taken in the hallways. I doubt the abductor would be in the room where parents were taking so many pictures.
Desiree got her information directly from the police. She also witnessed some things firsthand in the days after Kyron went missing. Why would you not believe her? She has more interest in finding Kyron than anyone else, and she knows the facts. She hasn't made up lies about anything. She and her husband, who is a well respected police detective, are trustworthy. Terri, on the other hand has been caught in numerous lies about that day.
There is no stranger involved, and the abductor was in the room because Terri was there,and she is the one who took Kyron out of the school that day.
Police looked at many photos and investigated everyone who was in the school. They did an extensive and thorough investigation.

These are, however, the times given for GZ's observations of Terri and Kyron in the classroom, with no indication that there were other, later observations.

That is Desiree asking us to take her word on the time.
No it isn't. There's actual proof confirmed by technology. The TECHNOLOGY evidence exists on it's own. Desiree just has knowledge of it's existence and what it means.

Desiree is not known to be a liar.

Terri, however, has a long history of lies and deceit, and sociopathic behavior.

Desiree got her information directly from the police. She also witnessed some things firsthand in the days after Kyron went missing. Why would you not believe her? She has more interest in finding Kyron than anyone else, and she knows the facts.

Desiree also, if the Morris book is to be believed, harbored a lot of resentment towards Terri - resentment which appears to have colored her perception of what happened and was said. For example, she mistakenly says Terri couldn't have seen Kyron from where she was standing, but she still claims this as a lie from Terri.

Desiree would not be the first (or last) parent who gets tunnel vision like this. Amanda Knox was fully acquitted of the murder of Meredith Kercher, yet Meredith's family still (as far as I know) believes Amanda is guilty. What the police first tells you can be incredibly hard to break out of, especially if it confirms your biases.

She hasn't made up lies about anything. She and her husband, who is a well respected police detective, are trustworthy. Terri, on the other hand has been caught in numerous lies about that day.

Desiree has changed the story of what she claims happened as late as this year. I've seen no such change in anything Terri has said. And ultimately, neither Desiree nor Tony were there when Kyron was abducted. They were a whole state away.

There is no stranger involved, and the abductor was in the room because Terri was there,and she is the one who took Kyron out of the school that day.
Police looked at many photos and investigated everyone who was in the school. They did an extensive and thorough investigation.

As late as Dec 10 2010 the MCSO still didn't know everyone who had been at the science fair. That's six months and a ton of public events later. How could they possibly be certain that they've got everyone?

No it isn't. There's actual proof confirmed by technology. The TECHNOLOGY evidence exists on it's own. Desiree just has knowledge of it's existence and what it means.

The only proof of the existence of that evidence is Desiree's word. LE has never made that claim.

Desiree is not known to be a liar.

Doesn't mean she can't misremember or misunderstand. Being certain doesn't mean you can't be wrong.

Terri, however, has a long history of lies and deceit, and sociopathic behavior.

I haven't seen much evidence of said lies and deceit.

So ten minutes visiting the classroom, being seen there by GZ in front of the project, take Kyron out of the group that had yet to be formed, then visiting multiple other classrooms, go to the library, go to McBeth's classroom, slip out the school, sit in the truck for ten minutes making a call (why make the call from the car?), then ten minutes to go back, find Kyron, take him to the classroom, discuss t-shirts with GZ, take multiple pictures, then leave, making GZ believe she was going on a tour despite the bell having rung and the children supposed to gather for the group tour?

I don't see that as a realistic scenario for the very brief time span. I've studied a lot of criminal cases, and when a scenario is this busy and all over the place, that usually means that something is being added that doesn't belong there. In this case, I'd say two things - the picture placed at 8:45 and the supposed sighting of Terri in the truck. Both of these were additional info provided not by LE but by Desiree many years later. Remove these and it becomes a far simpler and realistic scenario:

Terri and Kyron arrive at or shortly after 8:15, meet with classmates and GZ, discuss t-shirts, take pictures and then go on a tour. These events fit well within a fifteen minute window, so roughly 8:15 to 8:30, the two times GZ has given. Then comes the tour, visiting classrooms, library, McBeth's room. All of that is also unlikely to take less than fifteen minutes. Terri then claims that the bell rung (8:45) and she and Kyron went up separate stairs, once they had ascended, she waved goodbye to Kyron and left the school. Then a few minutes to walk to the truck, strap in the baby and ten minutes to drive to Fred Meyer, leaving Terri with good time to go inside the megastore along with the baby, make her purchases and get a receipt.

Basically, I see one realistic scenario and an unrealistic one.

But she would still have to do it. They were seen together by more than one teacher, one of which was certainly McBeth. And there is no indication that the baby was ever left with anyone. Who would that be, and what would be the reason to do so? Why wouldn't Terri just bring the baby if she's touring the school with Kyron? If she's going outside to make a call?

Never claimed she was. She "toured" with Kyron ca 8:30 to ca 8:45, as in she walked around with him and looked at exhibits. The only organized tours were the ones with the chaperones between 9 and 10.

I've tried, but it's difficult when events change, when new information clashes with earlier info and when the resulting scenario becomes convoluted and contrived.

From Boy Missing ch 4:

I haven't seen anything that says the parents had to leave the school before 9:00, and that the fifteen minutes between 8:45 and 9:00 was for their departure. The billboard outside said the expo was between 8 and 10. All the quote from OregonLive says is that parents and children had the opportunity to tour together before the school properly started. There's nothing saying parents couldn't tour the fair without their student children,.
<modsnip - personalizing> None of that has any bearing on the what really happened....and the fact that Terri Horman took Kyron out of the school that day. She changed her story several times. She has no alibi. She lied. She had the motive,the means and the opportunity. Children are most often killed by a caretaker or a family member such as a parent or step parent. There was no unseen evil stranger lying in wait at Kyron's classroom door. But there was an evil stepmother, and she was the one who took him. People saw her leave with Kyron.
<modsnip - personalizing>

<modsnip - personalizing> None of that has any bearing on the what really happened....and the fact that Terri Horman took Kyron out of the school that day. She changed her story several times. She has no alibi. She lied. She had the motive,the means and the opportunity. Children are most often killed by a caretaker or a family member such as a parent or step parent. There was no unseen evil stranger lying in wait at Kyron's classroom door. But there was an evil stepmother, and she was the one who took him. People saw her leave with Kyron.
<modsnip - personalizing>
Except sometimes unlikely things do happen...There could have been an unrelated terrible person there who took Kyron.

Occam's Razor doesn't always work

I want to do this to get back to the original facts of the case as stated by the police because it is more accurate. Facts passed from person to person change with each retelling. Remember the old game of "telephone." Eventually and unintentionally, facts change little by little with each retelling.

If Terri isn't guilty, there is a child predator out there free to harm other children. Kyron is still out there. He needs to be found. Desiree and Kaine deserve to know the truth no matter what it is. My father waited 50 years before finding out what happened to his missing brother. I don't want Kyron's family to have to wait that long.

None of that has any bearing on the what really happened....and the fact that Terri Horman took Kyron out of the school that day.

I think we can know that isn't a fact by the simple truth that Terri Horman has not been convicted, or charged, or indicted for the crime of abducting Kyron. And we certainly can't say it's for lack of trying by the MCSO and the MCDA.

She changed her story several times.

But we don't know that. Whenever Terri has spoken for herself, I've found her story consistent.

She has no alibi.

Kyron Horman was taken some time between 8:45 and 10:00. That is one of the unquestionable facts of the case. And during this time, Terri Horman does have an alibi. She visited multiple stores, was seen by witnesses, some of which went on the record to the public as having seen her (and her baby), parked in public spaces and left no time to kill or otherwise spirit away Kyron (who wasn't seen in her car, despite it being parked in more than one public lot).

To me, that is an alibi.

She lied.

Do we know that? I don't think we do.

She had the motive,the means and the opportunity.

I have seen no evidence of motive. There are the mystery emails that apparently aren't great evidence of motive since Kaine and Desiree disagree on the content. I have no idea what means are in this context, and as for opportunity, I don't think the timeline allows for it.

Children are most often killed by a caretaker or a family member such as a parent or step parent. There was no unseen evil stranger lying in wait at Kyron's classroom door. But there was an evil stepmother, and she was the one who took him. People saw her leave with Kyron.

This is another thing we don't actually know. I also have to say, I have never seen anyone give a good reason for why, if these witnesses actually said what Desiree claims, there wouldn't have been an arrest in 2010. It just defies belief for me.

I think we can know that isn't a fact by the simple truth that Terri Horman has not been convicted, or charged, or indicted for the crime of abducting Kyron. And we certainly can't say it's for lack of trying by the MCSO and the MCDA.

But we don't know that. Whenever Terri has spoken for herself, I've found her story consistent.

Kyron Horman was taken some time between 8:45 and 10:00. That is one of the unquestionable facts of the case. And during this time, Terri Horman does have an alibi. She visited multiple stores, was seen by witnesses, some of which went on the record to the public as having seen her (and her baby), parked in public spaces and left no time to kill or otherwise spirit away Kyron (who wasn't seen in her car, despite it being parked in more than one public lot).

To me, that is an alibi.

Do we know that? I don't think we do.

I have seen no evidence of motive. There are the mystery emails that apparently aren't great evidence of motive since Kaine and Desiree disagree on the content. I have no idea what means are in this context, and as for opportunity, I don't think the timeline allows for it.

This is another thing we don't actually know. I also have to say, I have never seen anyone give a good reason for why, if these witnesses actually said what Desiree claims, there wouldn't have been an arrest in 2010. It just defies belief for me.YEs
Terri did lie and there is plenty of evidence that she did....repeatedly. From the Oregonian...
"Kaine Horman told The Oregonian that Terri Horman deliberately misled friends about when their relationship began, saying they met when he hired her to take care of Kyron. "Completely false," he said.Jul 27, 2010"

Her so called "alibi" is not actually an alibi because she is unable to prove her wherabouts for almost 2 hours. Just being in a store doesn't mean she didn't leave Kyron in the truck. She lied about the dry cleaners, and we know she lied because the employee of the dry cleaners disputed what Terri said. There was no line. The employee said it was a slow day and that there was never a line in that store all day. There are many incidences of Terri lying,and THAT is not in dispute by LE.

LE cannot bring Terri to trial without the DA giving the go-ahead. The grand jury can vote to indict but the DA has to agree and take it to trial. The fact that there is no body has been the sticking point.....not that they all think Terri is innocent. This is a common occurance in cases where LE know who is guilty but can't arrest until the DA is onboard. This has nothing to do with Terri's guilt but everything to do with a DA who has been reluctant to prosecute because Kyron's body is still missing. They know the who and the what but the where is the hold-up. It's disengenous to say that means Terri is not guilty. It does not mean that at all.
The evidence of motive is actually very clear. Kaine has said that he and Terri were fighting over her treatment of Kyron, her drinking and neglect of the baby, and her excessive spending. Terri blamed Kaine and Kyron for everything that was unraveling in her life instead of her own dysfunction.

As for the emails....as has been established many times and is NOT in dispute.....the contents do show motive. We don't know what's in them but LE does and they know what it means. They are the ones who showed Desiree the contents of the emails so it's not her "opinion". It's evidence of motive.

It's one thing to be of the mind that Terri is not guilty. To each his or her own. But the claim that there's no evidence of certain elements of the case that already are known to be true, and to claim that Terri had an alibi when in fact she did not, and that there's no motive is absolutely incorrect. These known facts are the reason her criminal defense attorney was in charge of her civil court case because the known facts coming out inthe civil case would damn her in the criminal case. An innocent woman would never give up her baby and refuse to give depositions in a divorce case. That just doesn't happen.

Terri did lie and there is plenty of evidence that she did....repeatedly. From the Oregonian...
"Kaine Horman told The Oregonian that Terri Horman deliberately misled friends about when their relationship began, saying they met when he hired her to take care of Kyron. "Completely false," he said.Jul 27, 2010"

So it's not evidence she lied, but someone saying that others said she lied. I'm not trying to be difficult, but sometimes it's less lies and more people getting the wrong impression and stories changing inadvertantly as they pass between people. This is far from the only case where that has happened. If there is a clear statement directly from Terri that says something false, I have yet to see it.

But even so, let's say she did lie - before Kyron went missing about something that happened a long time ago and is completely unrelated to the case. Giving a more flattering account of the messy beginning of their relationship. Come to think of it, that is an actual lie I have seen from Terri - her telling reporters everything was fine after Kaine had left with the baby. The kind of "lie" literally anyone could (and does) tell.

I just expect a bit more. Something that's relevant to the case.

Her so called "alibi" is not actually an alibi because she is unable to prove her wherabouts for almost 2 hours.

It's one and a half hour, but that doesn't matter since that period is after Kyron's disappearance. The whole point of an alibi is that you have it when the crime occurs - and Terri did.

Just being in a store doesn't mean she didn't leave Kyron in the truck.

She left Kyron alone in the truck in two (or three, counting Michaels) public parking lots where anyone could see him?

She lied about the dry cleaners, and we know she lied because the employee of the dry cleaners disputed what Terri said. There was no line. The employee said it was a slow day and that there was never a line in that store all day. There are many incidences of Terri lying,and THAT is not in dispute by LE.

It's funny you should pick this example, as it is a case of the book being provably wrong.

The dry cleaners couldn’t place Terri at the store. [...] At first Terri hadn’t mentioned the cleaners. Then she said she had gone to the store but didn’t go in. Later she said she walked up to the store but there was a long line and she decided not to wait. The police interviewed the clerk, who said it had been a quiet morning with no long lines. No one saw Terri. BM, ch 5

Well, except the dry cleaner staff was interviewed by reporter Kyle Iboshi when they went to testify for the divorce trial:

KGW interviewed a woman who works at a drycleaners. She says Terri came in to the cleaners the day Kyron went missing to drop off two shirts, but didn't have any children with her. Unfortunately she doesn't say what time Terri visited the cleaners.

So the dry cleaner staff directly contradicts the book's claim. I'd say that's poor evidence of Terri being deceitful.

As an aside, the question of why Terri walked into the dry cleaners alone, as opposed to the main Fred Meyer where she brought her daughter, this street view image from before the dry cleaners closed shop might explain it. Before the store is a couple of short term (10 minutes) parking spaces and the whole store front is glass. It might not be advisable, but a person could certainly stop, go inside to get or leave (I never was certain of which it was) shirts while still having eyes on their baby in the car.

LE cannot bring Terri to trial without the DA giving the go-ahead. The grand jury can vote to indict but the DA has to agree and take it to trial. The fact that there is no body has been the sticking point.....not that they all think Terri is innocent.

That's one theory. Another is that the Grand Jury no-billed the case back in 2010 and the DA and MCSO haven't been able to get a new indictment after that. I think that explains the subsequent events a lot better.

This is a common occurance in cases where LE know who is guilty but can't arrest until the DA is onboard. This has nothing to do with Terri's guilt but everything to do with a DA who has been reluctant to prosecute because Kyron's body is still missing. They know the who and the what but the where is the hold-up. It's disengenous to say that means Terri is not guilty. It does not mean that at all.
The evidence of motive is actually very clear. Kaine has said that he and Terri were fighting over her treatment of Kyron, her drinking and neglect of the baby, and her excessive spending.

But that's not a motive for kidnapping or murder.

Terri blamed Kaine and Kyron for everything that was unraveling in her life instead of her own dysfunction.

We don't know that she blamed Kyron for anything.

As for the emails....as has been established many times and is NOT in dispute.....the contents do show motive. We don't know what's in them but LE does and they know what it means. They are the ones who showed Desiree the contents of the emails so it's not her "opinion". It's evidence of motive.

They also showed them to Kaine, who disagrees with Desiree on the contents. I'd say that's a pretty clear indication that Desiree is reading between the lines.

It's one thing to be of the mind that Terri is not guilty. To each his or her own. But the claim that there's no evidence of certain elements of the case that already are known to be true, and to claim that Terri had an alibi when in fact she did not, and that there's no motive is absolutely incorrect.

There are speculations, sure, but nothing that has been substantiated. If there was evidence Terri had taken Kyron from the school, she would have been arrested, body or no body.

These known facts are the reason her criminal defense attorney was in charge of her civil court case because the known facts coming out inthe civil case would damn her in the criminal case. An innocent woman would never give up her baby and refuse to give depositions in a divorce case. That just doesn't happen.

Your first sentence explains the second. Her defense lawyer's duty was to keep Terri out of prison, and that meant preventing her from being deposed in civil trials that could be used against her in a criminal trial. This does not in any way, shape or form mean that she was guilty or that Houze believes she's guilty. Innocence is not a defense against being railroaded, as countless examples show. Until Terri was/is officially cleared by the MCSO, there will always be a danger of a criminal trial - though honestly I'd say any real danger was over by the time the book came out. Either way, the MCSO can't move either since they haven't got an indictment and now their illegal trick of bringing back cases before the Grand Jury without a court order has been exposed and shut down, I don't see any way for them to get one.

I do agree that a trial will commence if Kyron's body is found, it's just that it won't be a trial against Terri.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back