LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering how many bikers are abducted.

Two sweet little girls in Iowa are missing. Out riding their bicycles. Nether they nor their bikes have been found. Missing four days now.

The bikes were found in that case.

Experienced/recidivist Sadistic psychopathic sexual predators are very calculating, creative, and deflective.

Unfortunately, it is often the case that serial offenders will rely on these jurisdictional boundaries to hamper investigations and cause linkage blindness in their crimes. ...

"Jurisdictional Linkage Blindness calculated by BSL in Mickey Schunick's abduction and during the aftermath"

BSL's Home - 1 LE Jurisdiction

MS Abduction - 2 LE Jurisdiction

Bike Disposal - 3 LE Jurisdiction

Hospital NOLO - 4 LE Jurisdiction

Opelousas General - 5 LE Jurisdiction

Stolen DW Truck Report - 6 LE Jurisdiction -Texas

Burned/Stripped DW Truck - 7 LE Jurisdiction - Texas

Brandon Scott Lavergne, is also forensically aware, calculating, and very manipulative..imoc..
"Would it not be logical to conclude that Mickey Schunick's remains will also be located in a different Police jurisdiction"?

He couldn't plan for everything, but I think he planned on how to dispose of evidence and where he would bring her and dispose of her. It seems like he obviously prefers to use fire for clean up so I'm thinking he certainly had a pre planned disposal area where a fire either wouldnt be seen or wouldnt be regarded as unusual. I can't help but think he burned the body. The office said when commenting in the burnt truck condition that "it was a good arson job. It was very good." :(

Poison ivy takes from 6 hours to 2 days after contact for the blisters to form.
http://www.kalcounty.com/hcs/school/pdf_files/PoisonIvy-Oak-SumacFactSheet.pdf

Complete guess here: BSL goes to NOLA Saturday afternoon to get some hospital paperwork to shore-up his “attacked by man with hat over his face” story in case anyone asks about the gashes – GF, family or LE RSO officers. He probably figured that not so many questions would be asked at the ER about him being sliced up by a random stranger in the big city. The stab on his hand was possibly wrapped up at Oschner but he was released or released himself saying he’d go to a local clinic in the AM to get it stitched if necessary. (Sounds as if he wasn’t expecting Ochsner staff/security to call the police regarding the incident.)

He goes home and voila the nasty poison ivy rash shows up the next day and he is forced to go to the local hospital in Opelousas for treatment. He says he was knifed in NOLA, shows the medical report from Ochsner, and says that the wound on his hand is getting worse and now needs stitching up…

Hope he got secondary poison ivy blisters on his wee-willie-winkie. :skip:
BBM
:floorlaugh:

I guess you're joking, but if you're serious, and if you can find a volunteer, make sure they wear a good protective helmet and clothing and do it near or on a grassy area to soften the fall. I'd like to try that out on BSL actually - I think he'd make an excellent test dummy. JMO :floorlaugh:

Send it to Mythbusters.

I know it is not the same, but I was traveling 65 miles per hour and hit from behind by a drunk going about 115. The force did not damage my bumper that much but it sent my truck head-on into the concrete divider where it flipped several times. Bicycle metal is pretty thin. A truck going 40 hitting a bike going 15 is going--25. So if you parked a bike straight on in your garage and ran into the back of it at 25 mph -- it is going to severely damage the back rim and tire and the person riding it is most likel going to sustain some pretty good injuries if they landed on the concrete. If they landed in the grass, maybe not so severe.

Her handlebars were found floating separately according the Shreveport Newspaper.... that is what her father said

No not the handlebars themselves - the handlebar grips were found floating seperately.

snipped and BBM:
When his daughter's black-and-gold bicycle was found in the muddy waters of Whiskey Bay, Tom Shunick could not shake one detail from his mind: the fact that the gold handlebar grips were found floating separately.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

FYI it's on page 5 of the article.

I know he's off topic, but what was the deal with him? Was it suicide or murder? I don't need details, just curious. Not doing my own digging cuz I only have my phone right now. So sad. :( He was such a handsome young man.

OT-apparently a suicide.

Just my :twocents: and I am probably totally wrong, but I'm not sure that Mickey was the actual target for him that night. I think she was just the girl that was there at that time.

I do feel that possibly the disappearance and then finding of BW's bike was planned - again not that BW was a target, just a bike in the vicinity to test the waters with and it happened to be his. I think that possibly BSL had been scoping the area, knew that bumping a bike would throw a person off it and give him the edge he needed, and he was planning everything.

I think it is possible that he worked every detail out (except for Mickey fighting back) - by that I mean bumping a bike, getting the person off it, getting them into the vehicle, where to throw the bike and when so that it may never be found, where to take the girl, etc.

That girl just happened to be Mickey - wrong time, wrong place, wrong day.

But when she fought back, he got injured, he then had to rethink and work on things he hadn't planned on...lot's of media attention, evidence in his truck (so now he had to think of how to get rid of the evidence), the injuries (which I do believe he then thought would be an alibi of him being in a different town at the time), etc.

He had it planned in his mind up to a certain point - and then things deviated from his plans and he had to rethink. That is what gave him up....Mickey fought, he got injured, his truck was captured on video, the bike was found (thank you water level drop and astute fishermen), and he was now flustered...he didn't plan on all of this.
And that is why he is sitting in jail on these charges.
JMOO

I know this maybe a strange question -- but is there a movie about a perp who knocks a girl off her bike? I wonder where he came up with this idea.

Gold handlebar grips found floating separately= So he removed the handlebar grips. Probably because he grabbed them when he was fighting with her for the bike. I imagine MS liked her bike and when he first hit her she did not want to give the bike up. His fingerprints were probably on the grips so he removed them and cleaned them off before dumping the bike.

Somehow I think he dumped the bike and then her body. I imagine he had to sleep at some point and he would do that at his house. I wonder what his phone records look like that day. I think he walked down into a steep ravine off of a road, maybe a road he liked to fish off of -- where he knew where some soft dirt would be or a gully or a creek bed. It would be easy to dig deep in, out of the way, but a place no one would question if he went there with a fishing pole "to check on things". That would account for the poison ivy and the burial not in water.

This guy was sure worried about all his injuries....hitting every hospital to make sure he was ok. Not one concern about the pain and suffering Mickey's family is going through not knowing where Mickey could be. He cares only for himself and i am soo glad he is behind bars....wonder what he is thinking now?

Gold handlebar grips found floating separately= So he removed the handlebar grips. Probably because he grabbed them when he was fighting with her for the bike. I imagine MS liked her bike and when he first hit her she did not want to give the bike up. His fingerprints were probably on the grips so he removed them and cleaned them off before dumping the bike.

Somehow I think he dumped the bike and then her body. I imagine he had to sleep at some point and he would do that at his house. I wonder what his phone records look like that day. I think he walked down into a steep ravine off of a road, maybe a road he liked to fish off of -- where he knew where some soft dirt would be or a gully or a creek bed. It would be easy to dig deep in, out of the way, but a place no one would question if he went there with a fishing pole "to check on things". That would account for the poison ivy and the burial not in water.

The article quoted Mickey's dad, saying the he and Mickey's brother both tried to remove those grips and couldn't do it. Dad thought it was very strange that they were separate from bike at WB

I think he was fully injured by the time he showed up at Ochsner. I think he left Ochsner, however, before being fully treated, due to the cops getting a bit suspicious of his story.

Going to NOLA was all about establishing some sort of alibi--whether believable or not, that's not the point--IMO.

So then he shows up at Opelousas General. He says he was injured in NOLA on May 19th and he reported it to LE there. Perhaps he even shows them proof of a police report. They ask no further questions on that, and just treat him for his injuries.

Very confusing. I don't understand why he would go to two hospitals unless he had the poison ivy and finger treated first and then went home and recieved the stab injuries and then went on to New Orleans. That doesn't make sense either though.

It could account for police saying they know where he was during those hours.

He was a very busy man.
Agreed!
I believe he went to New Orleans first knowing he needed surgery, asked for a referral to a surgeon at Opelousas and then had surgery/follow up care there.

See? He had the name of the responding officers to verify.
That way the police report was done and Opelousas wouldn't alert again.

Interesting to note that Margaret Sanchez's house is 8 miles from Oschner Hospital on Jefferson...
I wouldn't think twice except for the fact that he reported he was "visiting friends"... makes one wonder....

Add the statement he made in court about affording a lawyer...
Judge - "Can you afford a lawyer?"

Lavergne - "Not in a case like this sir."

Judge - "Excuse me?"

Lavergne - "No sir."
http://www.wafb.com/story/18961076/man-charged

I also saw a quote last night from a lawyer of his that made me go hmmmm...
made me afraid BSL would try to plea it down with a confession.

Why are so many articles stating that BSL will appear before the Grand Jury.
He has no "right" to be there if not invited.

They state he has not been invited.

I know it's unlikely!! but if he did have a written confession would that be
something presented to the GJ?

Do GJ often meet 2 weeks after suspect charged?
Prosecutor has got to have some solid "proof".

BBM.

The fact that he drove all the way to NOLA with stab wounds and, probably, a finger almost cut off just floors me. That he could walk out of that ER without being properly treated, but hurt enough that he needed to seek treatment again later? Unbelievable. That he could sleep with such injuries? I'm even more amazed.

I know it's been mentioned that he doesn't drink, but he just really seems to be hyped up on something. However, I think the JPSO report would have insinuated that, and it did not.

I think driving to NOLA was about the alibi, but also to get treated. The fact that he sought treatment again in Opelousas means NOLA wasn't just about the alibi. He had some serious injuries.

Agreed!
I believe he went to New Orleans first knowing he needed surgery, asked for a referral to a surgeon at Opelousas and then had surgery/follow up care there.

Interesting to note that Margaret Sanchez's house is 8 miles from Oschner Hospital on Jefferson...
I wouldn't think twice except for the fact that he reported he was "visiting friends"... makes one wonder....

Judge - "Excuse me?"

Lavergne - "No sir."

I'm 99% sure he did not receive a referral from Ochsner to Opelousas General.
#1: It is said got into OG via the ER.
On Sunday The Independent learned and later confirmed with sources close to the investigation that Lavergne also went to the emergency room of Opelousas General
(http://www.theind.com/news/10949-lavergnes-lacerated-finger-poison-ivy-treated-at-opelousas-general). If you are referred, you are not triaged through the ER
#2: To receive a referral, you have to be treated and released. He left Ochsner against medical advice. They didn't hold him against his will because his injuries were not life threatening. A referral would not have been issued.

I have an old bicycle in the garage and have thought about reenacting the scenario to see how much force it takes to bend the rim and dislodge the tire. Now, if only I can find a rider...

LMAO - that was a good one CajunStrong:D:D:D:D

Agreed!

Judge - "Excuse me?"

Lavergne - "No sir."

You are not the only person to wonder if these cases were somehow related. I wondered if somehow Jaren knew something about the MS case.

Wondering if BSL's finger laceration could be from handling Mickey's bike.
Just a recollection of my own bike accident some years ago - I was riding a bike similar to Mickey's and my friend was following too close behind me. His front tire clipped my rear tire, which sent me sideways - and I was pinned under it for a while. When I pushed the bike off, I was bleeding profusely and had a 3 inch gash in my leg - caused by metal of my own bike. Here are some examples of other bike injuries:

http://www.hospital-data.com/accidents/5040-bicycles-or-accessories/2010/finger/index.html

"Tom Shunick could not shake one detail from his mind: the fact that the gold handlebar grips were found floating separately."

"Tom Shunick recalls installing the grips, saying he "fought and greased" the gold grips but could not get them all the way on the handlebars. Mickey Shunick purchased another set, but try as they might, Tom Shunick and his son, Zack Shunick, could not remove the first set of grips."

"Tom Shunick could not believe the gold grips had been removed from the bike without being cut, he said"

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...eks-later-still-questions-Mickey-Shunick-case

Sounds like BSL had to use a heat gun or something to get them off!

You are not the only person to wonder if these cases were somehow related. I wondered if somehow Jaren knew something about the MS case.

If it is discovered that BSL and Terry were friends, I will be sick.

:puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members