LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ, he arrived at the hospital around 3PM on 05/19/2012..

This is going to sound way out there to some, but imo, BSL may have had help; an associate. Imo BSL was a beta male up & until his conviction and serving in prison. Later he adopted the role of alpha male which requires physical prowess, confidence, and attitude. His associate, more likely a beta male which lacks these traits. An underling with commonalities that BSL could control, yet useful in carring out his evil deeds.

Abductions by sexual predators, have much less to do with sex, than it does about the absolute control over others.

Imo BSL, will not divulge information to authorities due to loosing this control. Once identified, the associate who has this information will reveal it with a little prodding, imo..

Unless Mickey Schunick, met her fate during the initial attack, this is the only plausible explanation in my mind...

...or a female who was terrified of what he might do to her if she didn't comply with him. We know BSL has threatened and terrorized women in the past. It's easy for all of us to be brave from a distance, but what if you were involved/ensnared in a situation where your life and that of your immediate family were under threat of murder/house burning, etc.? Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular. Just a possible scenario we can't rule out until all the facts are out there. JMO

CJ, he arrived at the hospital around 3PM on 05/19/2012..

This is going to sound way out there to some, but imo, BSL may have had help; an associate. Imo BSL was a beta male up & until his conviction and serving in prison. Later he adopted the role of alpha male which requires physical prowess, confidence, and attitude. His associate, more likely a beta male which lacks these traits. An underling with commonalities that BSL could control, yet useful in carring out his evil deeds.

Abductions by sexual predators, have much less to do with sex, than it does about the absolute control over others.

Imo BSL, will not divulge information to authorities due to loosing this control. Once identified, the associate who has this information will reveal it with a little prodding, imo..

Unless Mickey Schunick, met her fate during the initial attack, this is the only plausible explanation in my mind...

I think there is a possibility he had an associate. It could lend to why he was out at that hour. I completely agree about the control aspect.

So if my thinking is correct, his 'home' six miles away from where she was abducted is in Duson, but most of the focus is in the Swords/Lawtell area where he owns another home?

I don't think a RSO can abduct and murder women either, or burn trucks in Texas, or white out RSO status from their drivers license. I don't think BSL is a big follower of the rules.

thanks button just wasn't enough to show my love for this statement.

If he was lost you probably would see his truck driving around the location ..but if he only lives 6 miles from that area..then i now think he knows the area quite well..soo i have to rethink my theory.

I don't want to aggravate anyone I just think we need to give at least some reasonable doubt until we see all evidence. Even if it is just 1% reasonable doubt.

I have been sure of his guilt since day one but am trying to open up my mind a little and at least consider he isn't the devil we all claim he is.

No aggravation here.
I think that you are a good person - the exact kind of person that BSL deserves as a juror. All people deserve a fair trial.

Lavergne seeks treatment for finger laceration and poison ivy at Opelousas General Hospital. http://www.theind.com/news/10949-lavergnes-lacerated-finger-poison-ivy-treated-at-opelousas-general

I heard that several days ago but couldn't back it up with a link.
It sounds to me like he didn't return to work for about a month
after Mickey was abducted.

he's getting surgery to fix his finger and MS almost certainly dead.

Now I want to know if he was refusing to be admitted from the first visit after being told he needed surgery??? The police report says they discharged him.
It adds his injuries were not life threatening...

It's only important to me because if he did refuse treatment, it might mean Mickey was being kept somewhere until he returned... Alive or dead.

You know, in the back of my mind, I have always been thinking this. It just seems too odd that a bike disappeared and was found at the cemetary and then she was kidnapped. I am wondering if this was preplanned in the weeks before she was kidnapped. I am also wondering if he knew that she would be headed toward the beginning of the bike path and knew exactly where the most vulnerable place would be. But thinking this way means that he had been stalking her for at least a few weeks and knew her behaviors, plus he stoled the other bike. Maybe he was going to attack her the night he stoled the other bike and wanted her to be alone THAT night but for whatever reason did not get to kidnap her that particular night. Maybe we should look and see if he was onshore/offshore the night the other bike went missing. Is it possible he did know/see Mickey before the night he kidnapped her?

Just my :twocents: and I am probably totally wrong, but I'm not sure that Mickey was the actual target for him that night. I think she was just the girl that was there at that time.

I do feel that possibly the disappearance and then finding of BW's bike was planned - again not that BW was a target, just a bike in the vicinity to test the waters with and it happened to be his. I think that possibly BSL had been scoping the area, knew that bumping a bike would throw a person off it and give him the edge he needed, and he was planning everything.

I think it is possible that he worked every detail out (except for Mickey fighting back) - by that I mean bumping a bike, getting the person off it, getting them into the vehicle, where to throw the bike and when so that it may never be found, where to take the girl, etc.

That girl just happened to be Mickey - wrong time, wrong place, wrong day.

But when she fought back, he got injured, he then had to rethink and work on things he hadn't planned on...lot's of media attention, evidence in his truck (so now he had to think of how to get rid of the evidence), the injuries (which I do believe he then thought would be an alibi of him being in a different town at the time), etc.

He had it planned in his mind up to a certain point - and then things deviated from his plans and he had to rethink. That is what gave him up....Mickey fought, he got injured, his truck was captured on video, the bike was found (thank you water level drop and astute fishermen), and he was now flustered...he didn't plan on all of this.
And that is why he is sitting in jail on these charges.
JMOO

So if my thinking is correct, his 'home' six miles away from where she was abducted is in Duson, but most of the focus is in the Swords/Lawtell area where he owns another home?

We've only just found out about this other property of his in Duson. Still don't know all the details. One thing that strikes me right now is that Mickey worked at the stables in Duson !!! Coincidence? :waitasec:

Oh, my. Two hospital visits in less than 24 hours?!

Imo, BSL felt the heat from LE on his first hospital visit and left prematurely due to their suspicion..

Glad to see they released the info concerning the poison ivy rash and the lacerated finger..

"One question.. How did he drive back from NOLO on May 19, if he was being interviewed by LE at 11PM? It is over a two hour drive to Opelousas General..

http://www.fox8live.com/story/19023...eport-could-be-part-of-missing-students-probe
Brandon Lavergne, suspect in Shunick's disappearance. ... deputy who interviewed Lavergne after he showed up with stab wounds at Ochsner Hospital

http://www.theind.com/news/10949-lavergnes-lacerated-finger-poison-ivy-treated-at-opelousas-general
The Independent he was also treated for his May 19 injuries at Opelousas General; among the most serious was a lacerated finger requiring surgery. Lavergne was arrested July 5 for the aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder of 21-year-old UL Lafayette student Mickey Shunick. Shunick was last seen in the early morning hours of May 19 riding her bicycle in the downtown Lafayette area.

Almost had his finger cut off?
Sure sounds like he had some nerve injury or something!

http://www.theind.com/news/10949-lavergnes-lacerated-finger-poison-ivy-treated-at-opelousas-general

"Our sources say doctors at the hospital performed surgery on his finger, and note that at the time Lavergne also was suffering from an extensive breakout of poison ivy. It’s unclear if he went to the Opelousas hospital immediately after returning from New Orleans and whether he was treated on a single visit."

I heard that several days ago but couldn't back it up with a link.
It sounds to me like he didn't return to work for about a month
after Mickey was abducted.

he's getting surgery to fix his finger and MS almost certainly dead.

Now I want to know if he was refusing to be admitted from the first visit after being told he needed surgery??? The police report says they discharged him.
It adds his injuries were not life threatening...

It's only important to me because if he did refuse treatment, it might mean Mickey was being kept somewhere until he returned... Alive or dead.

Very confusing. I don't understand why he would go to two hospitals unless he had the poison ivy and finger treated first and then went home and recieved the stab injuries and then went on to New Orleans. That doesn't make sense either though.

It could account for police saying they know where he was during those hours.

He was a very busy man.

Almost had his finger cut off?
Sure sounds like he had some nerve injury or something!

"Our sources say doctors at the hospital performed surgery on his finger, and note that at the time Lavergne also was suffering from an extensive breakout of poison ivy. It’s unclear if he went to the Opelousas hospital immediately after returning from New Orleans and whether he was treated on a single visit."

I have a stupid question....on the BBM portion - which states unclear if immediately after returning from NOLA - IF he did this wouldn't it have been the 20th and not the 19th? He was at the ER in NOLA until after 11pm correct? So to go to another hospital closer to home would have taken him over an hour right? So it would now be the 20th?

Or if he went there BEFORE going to NOLA were the finger and poison ivy noted on the NOLA chart?

This could get very interesting....
JMOO

The independant article doesn't state a date or time of when he was at Opelousas General, keep that in mind...

I have a stupid question....on the BBM portion - which states unclear if immediately after returning from NOLA - IF he did this wouldn't it have been the 20th and not the 19th? He was at the ER in NOLA until after 11pm correct? So to go to another hospital closer to home would have taken him over an hour right? So it would now be the 20th?

Or if he went there BEFORE going to NOLA were the finger and poison ivy noted on the NOLA chart?

This could get very interesting....
JMOO

It says he was treated "for his May 19th injuries," not that he was treated on May 19th. I couldn't find the day he was actually treated at Opelousas, did I miss it?

He could have sought treatment at Opelousas a day later, or a week later, and he'd still have to explain where he got the injuries, and that was on May 19th. Otherwise, he'd have to make up a new story about where the injuries came from. No matter when he got treatment, they're still his "May 19th injuries."

Very confusing. I don't understand why he would go to two hospitals unless he had the poison ivy and finger treated first and then went home and recieved the stab injuries and then went on to New Orleans. That doesn't make sense either though.

It could account for police saying they know where he was during those hours.

He was a very busy man.
Wasn't he being referred for surgery to his finger by the first hospital? Perhaps why he went to the second hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn