LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that as a convicted sexual felon/RSO, even the aggravated kidnapping charge alone is enough to put that d-bag away for 25-to-life. Murder 1 would seal his fate.

MOO, I think the Murder 1 charge will be a challenge to prove without a body, unless there is some sort of DNA evidence of MS which could only have come from a person who has sustained injuries which could not be survived. (I'll stop there and spare you the details.)
---------------
My bold. I totally understand where you are coming from with that.

Yesterday, after thinking about what LE et al. could have found at the mobile home/area, in order to make a charge of murder, I wrote out some stuff, then decided not to post it, for the very same reason as you.

I'm pretty sure that as a convicted sexual felon/RSO, even the aggravated kidnapping charge alone is enough to put that d-bag away for 25-to-life. Murder 1 would seal his fate.

MOO, I think the Murder 1 charge will be a challenge to prove without a body, unless there is some sort of DNA evidence of MS which could only have come from a person who has sustained injuries which could not be survived. (I'll stop there and spare you the details.)

Interesting stuff here about proving murder without a body:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=1

Assuming he is indicted for murder tomorrow, I imagine it will hit the Shunick family hard, in that it will show that a panel of people is convinced by the evidence, which the family may not even know all of, that she is dead...

Just an FYI: 'In the mind of a serial killer & how they rationalize after their arrest'..

In 2008 when SK Gary Hilton, was asked by the Pickens Co, SC Sheriff(Jason Knapp investigation) how the other prisoners and guards treat him at the Jackson Max Security Prison, GA, where he is serving life W/O Parole:

Convicted (serial killer) Gary Hilton's view in his own words concerning the delay in Justice for his many, many victims including Cheryl Dunlap:

"No one messes with me here. They treat me real good."

"I've got my own T.V.'I READ'. I've got my meals cooked, served...the dishes are washed. My laundry is done....Hey, I love it!"

"I'm gonna f------ raise hell, total hell. I'm not gonna be happy unless it takes three to four years to go to trial. Unless we have a 1,000 person jury pool, and unless we have at least two changes of venue.

"And that's just to begin with (laughs)."

I thought about that when they released it, since the first pic shows the scar.

I'm still having a hard time about when he reported to LE for his quarterly RSO update. Are we certain he came in physically or could he (with his BS charming ways) have simply phoned in. If he appeared in person, then they should have had red flags going off all over the place! Being as he had a new scar on his neck, his hand was bandaged and a DWT was driven by him relating to a missing young woman.
Perhaps they did have red flags going off and we just haven't heard about it?

Interesting stuff here about proving murder without a body:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=1
----------
OMG, I am very familiar with 2 out of the 3 cases listed in the article, the ones involving the shower curtain and the fire pit.

Also, that detail about renting an airplane and dropping a body. I think that is probably what has happened in a few other cases that have gone cold.

Just an FYI: 'In the mind of a serial killer & how they rationalize after their arrest'..

In 2008 when SK Gary Hilton, was asked by the Pickens Co, SC Sheriff(Jason Knapp investigation) how the other prisoners and guards treat him at the Jackson Max Security Prison, GA, where he is serving life W/O Parole:

Convicted (serial killer) Gary Hilton's view in his own words concerning the delay in Justice for his many, many victims including Cheryl Dunlap:

"No one messes with me here. They treat me real good."

"I've got my own T.V.'I READ'. I've got my meals cooked, served...the dishes are washed. My laundry is done....Hey, I love it!"

"I'm gonna f------ raise hell, total hell. I'm not gonna be happy unless it takes three to four years to go to trial. Unless we have a 1,000 person jury pool, and unless we have at least two changes of venue.

"And that's just to begin with (laughs)."
-----------
I have watched programs where life on death row is described. From what I understand, there are fewer amenities provided.

From the Find Mickey facebook page

Below is a time-line of Mickey Shunick missing person case, as well as the subsequent volunteer search effort. We are posting this in order to clear-up any confusion about the course of events up to this point. Please check the local media outlets for the latest information, but please remember that information about this case is not official until verified by law enforcement or the Shunick family. Here are some links to the ongoing local coverage of the Mickey Shunick case.

http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow/posts/364490603620184

I feel so badly for Tim Miller and the crew...it seems there is so much possible ground to cover, it's crazy. I keep hoping and praying that they find Mickey today.
The timing would be awesome....

From the Find Mickey facebook page

Below is a time-line of Mickey Shunick missing person case, as well as the subsequent volunteer search effort. We are posting this in order to clear-up any confusion about the course of events up to this point. Please check the local media outlets for the latest information, but please remember that information about this case is not official until verified by law enforcement or the Shunick family. Here are some links to the ongoing local coverage of the Mickey Shunick case.

http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow/posts/364490603620184

Thank you for this.
I noticed that this time-line did not have BSL checking in on May 28 (29?) for his RSO reporting. Are we uncertain about this?

Thank you for this.
I noticed that this time-line did not have BSL checking in on May 28 (29?) for his RSO reporting. Are we uncertain about this?

I noticed it also doesn't state when he reported his truck stolen

Assuming he is indicted for murder tomorrow, I imagine it will hit the Shunick family hard, in that it will show that a panel of people is convinced by the evidence, which the family may not even know all of, that she is dead...

I've got a real heavy heart reading this. Hadn't thought of it in that way.

I know this is such a terrible tragedy for our whole community but I just want to say that I am proud of the way the community has come together in an effort to find Mickey and in support of the Shunicks.

I also am glad I found WS; I've learned alot here (love the links to various info and book referrals, etc.). You guys are the best !!

I feel so badly for Tim Miller and the crew...it seems there is so much possible ground to cover, it's crazy. I keep hoping and praying that they find Mickey today.
The timing would be awesome....
-------------
I imagine there is a lot of blood, sweat and tears going on, not only with the people, but the horses.

I have a couple of requests for CajunNet Subscribers:

1- What was BSL's work schedule between abduction and arrest?

2- When was his surgery in Opelousas?

Thanks in advance for your input!

I'm still having a hard time about when he reported to LE for his quarterly RSO update. Are we certain he came in physically or could he (with his BS charming ways) have simply phoned in. If he appeared in person, then they should have had red flags going off all over the place! Being as he had a new scar on his neck, his hand was bandaged and a DWT was driven by him relating to a missing young woman.
Perhaps they did have red flags going off and we just haven't heard about it?

kkdj, there have been many red flags in the Mickey Schunick abduction investigation, as there is in most missing/murdered persons investigations.

Imo, this is the primary motivation for silence in investigations and the Justice system..

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown says it best…. 'We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/cit*izens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled. It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparency'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa