Found Deceased LA - Mark Bakotic, 21, New Orleans, 30 Dec 2016

Yeah, he's deceased.

Sorry for taking over this thread today. I'm trying to create a timeline of Mark's disappearance.

Originally, NOPD reported that he was last seen outside of Republic at 11:00 PM on Dec. 30th. They also reported that Mark's credit cards were "used at several locations including at the Magnolia Discount Supermarket on North Claiborne Avenue on December 31, 2016 at approximately 2:48 a.m." http://nopdnews.com/post/january/missing-man-reported-from-independence-street/

Later on, Mark's father told NOLA.com that the time was incorrect, and that he was actually last seen on December 31, 2017 around 3:30 AM. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/01/a_month_after_vanishing_in_the.html

If that's true though, and he jumped in the cab around 3:30 and left his wallet at that time, why would NOPD have such a specific time that his credit cards were used when he wasn't, according to Bakotic Sr, even missing at that point and hadn't left his wallet behind yet? Have I missed something? :waitasec:

*Edit: Found this from Mark Sr, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...3505092.149188.100000144294256&type=3&theater

"Based on the start time, I have to guess that Mark lost his wallet before running."

Yeah, he's deceased.

I'm very aware that he's dead. I'm just trying to sort through the facts from his disappearance. I re-listened to The Vanished Podcast where his father reports that after 3 AM he jumped into the cab and left his wallet there and that the taxi driver gave Mark's wallet to the women after he leaves it in the cab, but if they were already using it at 2:48 AM as NOPD claims, it couldn't have went down that way.

I'm very aware that he's dead. I'm just trying to sort through the facts from his disappearance. I re-listened to The Vanished Podcast where his father reports that after 3 AM he jumped into the cab and left his wallet there and that the taxi driver gave Mark's wallet to the women after he leaves it in the cab, but if they were already using it at 2:48 AM as NOPD claims, it couldn't have went down that way.
I have been concerned about this all along. It's awfully weird that cards are stolen and immediately used the same night a guy goes missing and turns up dead. What are the odds of that? His people were holding on to so much hope that he was alive that many things were not being looked at. I am glad to know that someone is starting over, now that him being alive and hiding is not an option.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My goal is to eventually create 3 separate-but-related timelines, because I'm thinking that would be the best way to look at all of the facts in Mark's case. 1) The timeline from the night of his disappearance according to LE. 2) The timeline from the night of his disappearance according to Mark's father/friends. 3) Reported sightings of Mark after his disappearance. IMO it all matters again now that he has been determined to be deceased, at least until more details from LE come out regarding time of death, etc.

I can't quit thinking about the remarks from Mark's father about how he was heard that night saying he was going "to the River," considering what we know now. :(

My goal is to eventually create 3 separate-but-related timelines, because I'm thinking that would be the best way to look at all of the facts in Mark's case. 1) The timeline from the night of his disappearance according to LE. 2) The timeline from the night of his disappearance according to Mark's father/friends. 3) Reported sightings of Mark after his disappearance. IMO it all matters again now that he has been determined to be deceased, at least until more details from LE come out regarding time of death, etc.

I can't quit thinking about the remarks from Mark's father about how he was heard that night saying he was going "to the River," considering what we know now. :(
I agree. I have seen soooooo many cases where people are "seen" and families run back and forth, chasing their loved one. Only to find out later they were deceased on day 1. That's why I don't rely heavily on reports of sightings unless it is by someone who knows them well and saw them close/ talked to them/ got a photo. I'm sure people mean well, but it doesn't mean it happened that way.

You can get far with accurate info. My fear has always been that the not wanting to put his info in namus or consider that the person who claims to have talked to him could have been mistaken and only traveling down the "he will come back safely" route really gave permission to the police not to investigate. So lots.of good leads and info and video have probably been missed.

My advice to families is follow every last road like it's the only road. Because you can't go back later! You need to get the info gathered from the start.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I scrolled aound in this thread, but i may have overseen it: did we have already a link for the positive DNA identification of Marcs remains (msm) posted?

I scrolled aound in this thread, but i may have overseen it: did we have already a link for the positive DNA identification of Marcs remains (msm) posted?

Nope, nothing outside of his parents' statements in the public group for Mark. No MSM has covered it, as far as I'm aware.

IMO, MSM hasn't been able to get confirmation from LE about it.

Absolutely crushed by this. So very sad.

So sad his family didn’t get to bring him home the way they had hoped to, but glad they got to bring him home nonetheless. So many families never get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow...I remember listening to his story on The Vanished podcast and being touched by how much his dad loved him and how devoted he was to finding him. I truly hoped this story would have a different ending. My heart is with MB Sr. and family...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still hoping for justice for Mark. :sigh:

I have been sidetracked with other cases lately, but I haven't forgotten about you, Mark.

Reading about Adam Gilbertson's disappearance stirred this back up for me. Denver PD did not do enough for Adam, and I am concerned that NOPD is letting Mark's case slip through the cracks in a similar fashion. His parents have echoed in his remembrance page that there have been no updates on his case. Nada. Mark's parents deserve answers. A young man that was intoxicated at the time of his disappearance seems to fall low on the priority list for LE. Adam was found in a river close to where he disappeared, so was Mark. I know the circumstances are not really the same, but reading about AG - I just thought: Mark. It reminded me of Mark and how Mark's Dad did most of the investigative work for his son's case. I don't really know where I'm going with this. Just frustrated and needed to vent. :crying:

All of these young men being found in waterways. What is going on? It's absolutely heartbreaking!

Today would have been Mark's 23rd birthday. His father posted in the "Remembering Mark Bakotic" group (previously Finding Mark). This jumped out at me:

Mark 2 was too good a person to be killed and have his body hidden; therefore, hopefully, those responsible will be tormented by their crime every day of their life. It will only take one person to come forward for them to receive punishment on Earth, but if not they will have eternity to suffer after judgment.

This was a homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back