LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell strong enough one way or the other to say if its her. I am curious about the theory though. :waitasec:
I don't think there's much of a theory except that rhapsdy came across two photos of the same young woman wearing the same outfit. Rhapsdy thinks the woman looks a good bit like MS, and I do, too.

ok so since we've had no more info given to help in this case as all I've been sleuthing other possible connections to Mickey's life.

Through some ramdom stuff I came across two images that as soon as I saw them I thought they were Mickey. If so, it could be other possible people and avenues to connect her to and sleuth. One image is on someone's facebook page (the photo is public) and I'm not sure if I'm ok with posting that image. However, here is a link to the second image (both images are related to the function mentioned on this website link below):

http://www.righteousfur.com/nutria-palooza-lafayette-115-tickets-sale-now.html

Look at the blond in the header image...

Where am I going with this? I'm not quite sure at this moment, except that maybe someone out there will either be able to confirm or deny this is her and I can move on from this idea I've been baking up in my brain to connect her to other people.

I can see a little resemblance in the header image, but there are other photos on the site of what appears to be the same person, and in those she doesn't look like Mickey to me, JMO.

I just did an image search for Whiskey Bay to get an idea what the area looks like. I did a double-take when among the images was an image of Carrie Lynn Yoder, who was murdered at Whiskey Bay by Derrick Todd Lee, who is currently in prison on death row. Carrie Lynn Yoder looks (to me anyway) just like a dark haired version of Mickey Shunick. Is it just my imagination??

OT BUT IMPORTANT! For all the locals...a friend has just announced that her cousins husband is missing from Sunset, LA since yesterday (Sunday) am. His name is Jean-Louis Macle. He was wearing a black thirst, tan shorts & kacki suede shoes. He attended a mens conference this weekend.

i read on Channel 10 that police are trying to identify a man that is in critical condition because of a hit and run incident. Has she checked the hospitals?

OT BUT IMPORTANT! For all the locals...a friend has just announced that her cousins husband is missing from Sunset, LA since yesterday (Sunday) am. His name is Jean-Louis Macle. He was wearing a black thirst, tan shorts & kacki suede shoes. He attended a mens conference this weekend.

What church was the conference?

i read on Channel 10 that police are trying to identify a man that is in critical condition because of a hit and run incident. Has she checked the hospitals?

That's what I saw too. On Acadian Hills Ln, by Crossroads I'm assuming.

The other picture is of the same person on the night of the same event, so if the picture I linked too isn't her, neither is the other picture.

Thanks for you guys giving your opinion. :) Maybe I can stop thinking about it now. :)

Glad you asked...because you never know. Don't stop looking!

I don't think there's much of a theory except that rhapsdy came across two photos of the same young woman wearing the same outfit. Rhapsdy thinks the woman looks a good bit like MS, and I do, too.

I think the woman is a few years older and heavier than Mickey, but I am curious about your comment about her wearing the same outfit. Is there a photo of Mickey wearing a nutria outfit? That just doesn't seem to fit with her love of animals.

I think the woman is a few years older and heavier than Mickey, but I am curious about your comment about her wearing the same outfit. Is there a photo of Mickey wearing a nutria outfit? That just doesn't seem to fit with her love of animals.
No, kgeaux. The woman is wearing the same nutria outfit in two different photographs on two different sites. Same woman in both pics.

A.C.I. have you been able to interview the fisherman that found the bike?

Not yet. They've been very quiet. I imagine they were told to do so. Otherwise they would no doubt be talking to family and friends about it and tons of info would be out already

Well actually if you read more about that fashion show the group that put it together are doing BECAUSE of their love of animals. People are killing the nutria because it's so overly population in our area and the designers felt like it was a disgrace to the nutria to do that and then then just discard them. So instead, the designers decided to use their fur for fashion.

And i am curious about the other photos as I didn't see any others that looked like the same person to me. (but then it really doesn't matter if no one thinks this is Mickey and a possible connection to another part of her life)

I always read that particular post about the reward not being raised in a stern tone too! But that's the problem with written things- we can always inflict whatever tone we want to it.

I think the tone was stern because they didn't want people to withhold leads in hopes that the reward would increase. JMO

No, kgeaux. The woman is wearing the same nutria outfit in two different photographs on two different sites. Same woman in both pics.

There's another photo of her on the main site, too, if you look through some of the photo albums there. (I don't Facebook, so can't look there.)

I just did an image search for Whiskey Bay to get an idea what the area looks like. I did a double-take when among the images was an image of Carrie Lynn Yoder, who was murdered at Whiskey Bay by Derrick Todd Lee, who is currently in prison on death row. Carrie Lynn Yoder looks (to me anyway) just like a dark haired version of Mickey Shunick. Is it just my imagination??

Weird -- I actually DO see some resemblance. Especially at this site, where you can see her as a blonde...

http://www.uff.ufl.edu/scholarships/ScholarshipInfo.asp?ScholarshipFund=012231

Oh, ok, I just saw one website,one pic.

Well actually if you read more about that fashion show the group that put it together are doing BECAUSE of their love of animals. People are killing the nutria because it's so overly population in our area and the designers felt like it was a disgrace to the nutria to do that and then then just discard them. So instead, the designers decided to use their fur for fashion.

And i am curious about the other photos as I didn't see any others that looked like the same person to me. (but then it really doesn't matter if no one thinks this is Mickey and a possible connection to another part of her life)

Sorry, sweetie! I just looked at the picture, didn't read anything.

Nutria are killed around here because they are an invasive species from South America....but I think they are cute. They look like huge guinea pigs to me, except for the bright orange teeth!

I don't think the woman in the photo looks like Mickey, except for the curly hair.

Not yet. They've been very quiet. I imagine they were told to do so. Otherwise they would no doubt be talking to family and friends about it and tons of info would be out already

Makes me wonder if there must not be some pretty significant details about it that aren't "out there" -- more damage, disassembled, other items found ...?

Interesting. Thank you for answering, really appreciated. The fisherman who discovered the bike could be helpful to your investigation. Little unnerving LE is telling him to remain quiet. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa