LA LA - Nanette Watson Krentel, 49, found dead in house fire, Lacombe, 14 Jul 2017

Here's an article from WWL TV which discusses who Nanette was afraid of and why. He is not considered a suspect because he wore an ankle monitor at the time of Nanette's death.

Family of fire chief's wife says she was threatened before murder

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/nor...-she-was-threatened-before-murdered/478847989

(Via WWL TV)
Omg I said they should be looking for someone who had something against her husband! This makes sense to me. And of course he woukdnt do it himself, if he had to wear an ankle bracelet. Doesn't mean he wasn't responsible. So scary.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

All of this makes me wonder if the very troubled brother was not set up to be the scapegoat here. It does not make sense that he would be more angry with Nan and the chief's reactions are not adding up, were they possibly in this murder together?

All of this makes me wonder if the very troubled brother was not set up to be the scapegoat here. It does not make sense that he would be more angry with Nan and the chief's reactions are not adding up, were they possibly in this murder together?

I don't know what to think. The husband was cleared pretty quickly and the brother-in-law had an ankle monitor (Ill have to research how those work)...yet this was a very personal crime, including the death of the pets, and it seemed to happen in an eerily similar manner to the brother-in-law's threats.

Further thought, bouncing off your post: I agree the brother shouldn't blame Nan more than his own brother...but what better way to hurt your brother than to kill his wife?

I do find the husband's silence perplexing. I'm hoping he knows the police have soIid leads (if they do) and that he's been asked to keep quiet.

hmmm, and that FB page has a post alleging that perhaps BIL's ankle monitor was not really an ankle monitor in the true sense of the word as we are using it here but may have been an alcohol monitor, even though Nanette believed it was a GPS-type unit.

On second thought, I guess that has nothing to do with anything.

hmmm, and that FB page has a post alleging that perhaps BIL's ankle monitor was not really an ankle monitor in the true sense of the word as we are using it here but may have been an alcohol monitor, even though Nanette believed it was a GPS-type unit.

On second thought, I guess that has nothing to do with anything.

That certainly caught my eye...and yet, they indicated the brother in law was not a suspect because of his ankle monitor.

[h=1]Guns were found near Nanette Krentel's body: St. Tammany Sheriff's Office[/h]
Firearms were discovered near the body of Nanette Krentel after she was found shot to death July 14 inside her burned out home north of Lacombe, the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office said Wednesday (Oct. 25) in an update on the case.

Investigators examined the weapons and projectiles, and at least one of the weapons cannot be ruled out as the one used to kill Krentel, the wife of Fire District 12 Chief Stephen Krentel, the Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
Read more: http://www.nola.com/northshore/index.ssf/2017/10/guns_were_found_near_nanette_k.html

Thanks. I was just coming here to post this. I hope now that the FBI is involved, there will be movement in this case.

From that same article: “The Sheriff's Office said it has utilized the FBI's resources and expertise. "FBI agents have been provided access to the entire case file and are reanalyzing certain pieces of evidence and information obtained during the investigation," the release said.”

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/nor...d-under-civil-service-investigation/488129031

Nanette’s husband is under investigation by the Civil Service Board. Not related to Nanette’s death, but in the article, Krentel admits to a previous affair.

“Krentel, who was at the meeting, says the complaint is full of hearsay and speculation, with the exception of the improper relationship. He says that was more than two years ago and his wife knew about.

"I don't appreciate it because it has nothing to do with the investigation nor the ability to do my job because I was not her supervisor in any capacity," said Krentel, "There is no basis on anything that calls into question my ability to do my job, calls into question anything about the death of my wife."

The investigation into the murder of Krentel's wife, Nanette, is on-going and recently included the addition of the FBI. Krentel says he told investigators about the relationship and they interviewed the woman involved about it. He also says he's turned over names of people, both currently involved and previously involved with the district, that he believes need to be interviewed in the murder case. Detectives confirm they have spoken with those people.”

http://www.fox8live.com/story/36738...igation-into-embattled-north-shore-fire-chief

“Krentel sat less than 10 feet away from members of his late wife's family but said nothing to them as the board voted to launch this new investigation.

“I'm glad there will be an investigation but there's a sign there that says ‘don't let your dreams go up in smoke,’ and that's what happened to my sister,” said Amy Bernard, the sister of Krentel’s dead wife.”

I believe this murder was committed by two individuals, one completely narcissistic/psychopathic who will not crack under pressure and one who simply had a grudge and potential monetary gain, this is the weak link who will crack under pressure. The police and media need to keep this case in the news, internet boards and blogs need to do the same so that killer does not get a rest from his fear which will be his undoing.

Which is either the act of an innocent man or a complete psychopath. The truth of what happened to Nanette needs to be known for all involved. I have so many questions like was husband content to let the fire be considered an accident in the very beginning?

Was he content to let it be thought a suicide once it was discovered she died of gunshot?

Is it just a coincidence that Nanette was murdered 6 months to the day of the passing of the father in law?

I believe that someone in STP is in a morally compromised position and is impeding progress in this investigation because they do not want their own actions known, in other words a big fat ugly bed of corruption that is stinking up the atmosphere and unleashing a crime wave, particularly in the LaCombe area.

Please remember Websleuths does not allow something stated as fact without a mainstream media or law enforcement link to confirm.

We absolutely do not allow rumors, especially about affairs.

Thank you,
Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon