Landfill Searches

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's saying park to me. What do you think?

ETA: Just noticed that's the Miami Herald. Which for some reason tells me they'd know less than locals.

Here's a very similar article from San Antonio from today:
"Although San Antonio police have been to the site and have been in contact with landfill representatives, San Antonio Police spokeswoman Sandy Gutierrez couldn't confirm if a search was planned at the facility.
For nearly two weeks, a segment of the Tessman Road Landfill in the 7000 block of Interstate 10 has been blocked off as part of a possible search for 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson of Tempe, Ariz., said Peg Mulloy, spokeswoman for Arizona-based Republic Services Inc., which has owned the 1,000-acre landfill since 2008. Officials from the San Antonio Police Department contacted the waste-management company earlier this month about the landfill being a place of interest in the case, Mulloy said.
“With the information (SAPD) gave us, we located an area that may be of interest,” she said. “It's a highly engineered facility, and we can locate where in the landfill items might be placed. Now we're not placing trash there.” bbm

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/82851652.html

The press in Miami may know less, but they were directly quoting the spokeswoman at the landfill, who seems to know quite a bit. I do consider that one to be reliable, based on the direct quotes.

I am not sure what they consider the last sighting, whether that would be in the park (Which I can't remember whether that is still thought of as a sighting or misinformation), or whether it would be based on the hotel pictures.
There is apparently more of the text that she sent to Logan that day, and that part may contain something that tells more specifically where they need to look. I think some of the other reports said that it was based on where trash from the hotel went, but I can't actually find that link at the moment.

The press in Miami may know less, but they were directly quoting the spokeswoman at the landfill, who seems to know quite a bit. I do consider that one to be reliable, based on the direct quotes.

I am not sure what they consider the last sighting, whether that would be in the park (Which I can't remember whether that is still thought of as a sighting or misinformation), or whether it would be based on the hotel pictures.
There is apparently more of the text that she sent to Logan that day, and that part may contain something that tells more specifically where they need to look. I think some of the other reports said that it was based on where trash from the hotel went, but I can't actually find that link at the moment.

I remember that one now that you mention it that said it was based on where trash from the hotel goes.

ETA: It must be the pictures. LE seemed to be debunking the park. No idea what I was thinking. I've got about 20 windows open, trying to do too many things at once and my brain is ceasing to function.

Well, being that Tammi Fay told the world on televised news that she knew Gabriel was alive and well, and even heard his voice herself after EJ's death-text, isn't it interesting that she is now complaining royally that LE didn't search the landfills immediately? Gee, Tammi, which is it?

Could someone repost the link to the news video that shows her saying that about hearing Gabriel on the phone after the text? OneLove=technical dummy (I'm having a hard time reading news long enough to learn how to post a link, need that 12-step now)

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/149989
At the request of San Antonio police, managers of a garbage landfill there have closed a section of it in case investigators want to begin searching that area for the remains of missing 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson of Tempe, whose mother said she killed him last month.

Phoenix-based Republic Services, which owns the Tessman Road Landfill in San Antonio, was contacted by San Antonio police about two weeks ago and asked to close off an area of the landfill that could be of interest to them, according to Peg Mulloy, a Republic Services spokeswoman.

This one seems to make it all a little bit clearer as to where they are on the search.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
San Antonio police have still not said whether or not they will search a landfill in their quest to find 8-month-old valley boy Gabriel Johnson missing for more than a month.
Mark Palmer, the executive director of Jessica's Law Now, a child advocacy group, said the landfill is one of the first places investigators should have searched. "It should have been done right away, immediately," said Palmer.
http://www.kpho.com/news/22360770/detail.html

They are searching the landfill... they are NOT searching the landfill....Between these conflicting statements and LE asking Logan to hang for a couple of more days before he goes on his own search for baby Gabe, I think LE is on to something!! Maybe an arrest on a Friday! Tammy I am sure can make any bail out that would be set but… if they arrest her on a Friday she may have to sit in jail till Monday for an arraignment. This would give LE more time to get her to spill the beans! Just hoping there is a method to the madness.

Perhaps LE has already run cadaver dogs through the area and they didn't get any hits so they are focusing on the tips for now. I can't imagine that they wouldn't have at least done that early on.

Child Advocate: Landfill Search Long Overdue
Baby Gabriel Johnson Missing Since December
Donna Rossi
Reporter, KPHO.com

POSTED: 7:30 pm MST January 27, 2010
UPDATED: 6:51 am MST January 28, 2010

<snip>
Mark Palmer, the executive director of Jessica's Law Now, a child advocacy group, said the landfill is one of the first places investigators should have searched.

"It should have been done right away, immediately," said Palmer.

Gabriel's mom, Elizabeth Johnson, took him from Arizona to San Antonio and did not return, police said. The boy's father, Logan McQueary said he got a text message saying she had killed him and put him in the trash.

Elizabeth was seen leaving San Antonio on a bus to Florida by herself. Gabriel was nowhere in sight.

Authorities arrested Elizabeth in Miami and returned her to Arizona to face charges of kidnapping and custodial interference.

"Once they did locate her, they should have gone back and started looking at not only the dumpsters and all of the areas that she was in, but also a radius that she covered and that would include landfills," said Palmer.

I honestly don't think LE would delay the landfill search unless they have reason to believe Gabriel is alive. Why would they drag this out any longer causing more pain for the family if they thought he was in the landfill? The search would of already been done. They were waiting on one more tip as of Tuesday night so hopefully that tip is leading somewhere. :praying:

I honestly don't think LE would delay the landfill search unless they have reason to believe Gabriel is alive. Why would they drag this out any longer causing more pain for the family if they thought he was in the landfill? The search would of already been done. They were waiting on one more tip as of Tuesday night so hopefully that tip is leading somewhere. :praying:

Exactly. Excellent post. Thanks, TXhope.

Let's keep those tips going!

well It is raining today in San Antonio. and as I said before, I have very little hope in SAPD. But for Gabes sake I will try and have more! as bad as it sounds, I wish she had picked any other city in Texas. :(

Well, being that Tammi Fay told the world on televised news that she knew Gabriel was alive and well, and even heard his voice herself after EJ's death-text, isn't it interesting that she is now complaining royally that LE didn't search the landfills immediately? Gee, Tammi, which is it?

Could someone repost the link to the news video that shows her saying that about hearing Gabriel on the phone after the text? OneLove=technical dummy (I'm having a hard time reading news long enough to learn how to post a link, need that 12-step now)

Thanks OneLove, I had forgotten about that. Does anyone know the answer to the following:
IF Gabriel is found to be deceased, could TPS face charges for that statement too? Maybe something like Conspiracy to cover up a murder, or hindering an investigation? I'm guessing they would have to prove Gabriel was dead BEFORE that phone conversation, and even then TPS could claim it was maybe another baby she heard? Would love to hear otherwise.

Thanks OneLove, I had forgotten about that. Does anyone know the answer to the following:
IF Gabriel is found to be deceased, could TPS face charges for that statement too? Maybe something like Conspiracy to cover up a murder, or hindering an investigation? I'm guessing they would have to prove Gabriel was dead BEFORE that phone conversation, and even then TPS could claim it was maybe another baby she heard? Would love to hear otherwise.

LE will have the phone records and if there is no phone call after Eliz's texts, as I suspect, then it looks to me like a cut and dried case of hindering the investigation or obstruction of justice or something like that.

Tammi also said Eliz texted her right after she texted Logan and said her message to Logan was a lie, but the message that sounds like Eliz's message is dated Dec 29. So that could be another charge against Tammi.

LE will have the phone records and if there is no phone call after Eliz's texts, as I suspect, then it looks to me like a cut and dried case of hindering the investigation or obstruction of justice or something like that.

Tammi also said Eliz texted her right after she texted Logan and said her message to Logan was a lie, but the message that sounds like Eliz's message is dated Dec 29. So that could be another charge against Tammi.

:dance:
Thank You. That's what I was hoping to hear.
It's always seemed very hinky to me that EJ would immediately text TPS after sending that text to Logan. Why would EJ assume that TPS and LM were in such constant contact that TPS would immediately find out about that horrible text?

Well I thought I would maybe explain how a landfill works for those that are not quit sure. I work for a landfill and I can tell you that there are excellent record keeping policies. The landfill uses something like a grid where a particular section is used for a particular day. The garbage companies also keep very acurate details of where, when, who and what time particular trash was picked up. Once a certain grid is full at the landfill it is immediatly covered and they move on to another section. So say someone was looking into a cold case from say 10yrs ago and they wanted to look in the landfill. They would come to the landfill tell them they wanted to look back 10 yrs between this date and another they landfill could point them to the exact area. I used to work for Allied/BFI and every landfill has the same method. I work for a different landfill now but the methods are the same. I pray the baby is safe, but if the baby were in the landfill they will find evidence, unless of course they do a sloppy job of looking.

Palmer believes the delay in the search could be blamed on manpower and funding.
&#8220;That is a very big undertaking, and when you go in there, you have to go through quite an ordeal,&#8221; said Palmer.
Palmer believes too many parents of missing children don&#8217;t know whether their kids are dead or alive.
&#8220;We need to find this child. We need to find the facts that lead to what happened to this child in San Antonio,&#8221; said Palmer.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22360770/detail.html

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...p-solve-missing-baby-case/UPI-37311264707403/

San Antonio police say a local landfill is a place of interest in connection with the disappearance of a baby in Arizona.

The San Antonio Express-News said Wednesday a portion of the Tessman Road Landfill was cordoned off nearly two weeks ago, but police would not confirm if the site will be searched for clues in the disappearance of 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=11896296
Part of a San Antonio landfill is blocked off while crews search for the body of missing Arizona baby Gabriel Johnson.

I somehow feel that the designation "place of interest" is somewhat significant.

ETA: I am not adding all the landfill search links because I believe Gabriel is there, that's just the only news coming out right now.

Landfill search for missing baby to begin

January 29, 2010 - 4:56PM

Investigators from the San Antonio Police Department will move forward with excavating a section of a landfill to search for possible remains of missing 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson,

snip

San Antonio police Chief Bill McManus announced the plans on Friday for investigators to begin excavating the Tessman Road Landfill sometime next week, according to Sandy Gutierrez, a department police

snip

&#8220;The chief confirmed and conveyed that an excavation and search will move forward at the Tessman Road Landfill, and more information on how that search and how that process will be conducted will all unfold next week,&#8221; Gutierrez said.

Gutierrez said that either information or evidence obtained through the course of the investigation was obtained to make the decision to move forward with the excavation. However, Gutierrez would not be specific.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/150046

Landfill search for missing baby to begin

January 29, 2010 - 4:56PM

Investigators from the San Antonio Police Department will move forward with excavating a section of a landfill to search for possible remains of missing 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson,

snip

San Antonio police Chief Bill McManus announced the plans on Friday for investigators to begin excavating the Tessman Road Landfill sometime next week, according to Sandy Gutierrez, a department police

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/150046

The news I've been dreading....makes me think they've exhausted all other options.....I pray that the search is just part of the investigation to make sure, but it makes me so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa