Landfill Searches

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sometime next week"? If it has to be done, what about tomorrow? Why are they prolonging the agony?

NEW: Texas landfill search to begin for missing Tempe boy
ABC15.com staff, wire reports
Last Update: 5:41 pm

Police in Texas said Friday that investigators will move forward with excavating a section of a San Antonio landfill in the search for a missing 8-month-old Tempe boy.

snip

Meantime, Tempe detectives say they are holding out hope that Gabriel is still alive and won't discuss details of the ongoing investigation.

"Signs that Gabriel is alive are dwindling, that's why we need more tips to come in," said Tempe Sergeant Steve Carbajal.

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/s...begin-for-missing/xgsbK2cK80iD5ZWBC0ifjg.cspx

The news I've been dreading....makes me think they've exhausted all other options.....I pray that the search is just part of the investigation to make sure, but it makes me so sad.

BBM
Big Ditto!!! This makes me sick! If they find little Gabriel in a heap of trash, I hope EJ rots in hell for killing him!!

Everytime I hear more about this landfill search my heart sinks. The police know a lot more than we do, and it really worries me that they're starting this search. I'm holding out hope that it's only because they have exhausted their other options for the time being and they can't just sit there twiddling their thumbs. Hopefully with the flyer movement and Logan visiting San Antonio, more tips will start flowing in and we can ultimately get this precious baby back, safe in his daddy's arms.

I just wonder how accurate the eastvalleytribune article is.

(http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/150046)

I mean, all the other interviews with the San Antonio police chief just have him saying they will move forward with plans in the case next week.

Who is this Sandy Guiterrez? Does she know what she is talking about?

The inconsistencies are so frustrating!!!!:banghead:

Gutierrez said that either information or evidence obtained through the course of the investigation was obtained to make the decision to move forward with the excavation. However, Gutierrez would not be specific.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/150046

I wonder what that information could be? I wish we knew more about the investigation.

"The chief confirmed and conveyed that an excavation and search will move forward at the Tessman Road Landfill, and more information on how that search and how that process will be conducted will all unfold next week,” Gutierrez said. (link to news story in the East Valley Tribune a few posts up from this one)

For those who want to keep a check on the news for more info on this today, this post has links to all the news stations:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4733860"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Important Links, Phone Numbers, Addresses **NO DISCUSSION**[/ame]

As much as I dislike SAPD, as a whole, The Police Cheif Mcmanus, is Respectable IMO, So if he says it, I would believe it.
I just wish, that they would search already! Precious evidence is being lost, if he is indeed there. And I personally do not want Logan here if they find Gabe in a freakin Landfill, he should be home with Family to comfort him! Of course I am not sure what is best, as I have never been in this situation. and being a parent, I would want to be there, even if it was not what was best.

Oh, and it is very cold today, it is drizzling and just miserable for us Texans. Just a weather update.

Geez how long does it take to "gear up for that search"?:banghead:

William McManus said his department is gearing up to search an East Side landfill for the body of little Gabriel Johnson.

"There have been numerous lead that we continue to follow up that hopefully could lead us to Baby Gabriel," McManus said. "We're not 100 percent certain that they will pan out. We are going to search that landfill. The question becomes, 'Why are you searching that landfill if this is a missing persons case?' So, all hopes are that we would find the baby alive, but we are going to proceed with the murder investigation."

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/San-Antonio-police-Baby-Gabriel-case-now-a-homicide-83726297.html

My question is it possible they HAVE STARTED SEARCHING, but are keeping it under wraps? On this video (which said some other surprising things) JJ Arms says at ~2:56 that they have searched "yesterday"..... http://www.ktsm.com/news/search-baby-gabriel

They bring in cadaver dogs at different phases during the pre-search planning. It's to try to point in to the areas where they have to dig.

Somewhere on the net is a very large document that goes through all the stages of a landfill search. It's in a PDF document. I'll try to find it again today. It's a very good guide to all the stages.

It's supposed to rain ALL this week in San Antonio! I don't see how they are going to do the search this week, it's probably going to have to be next week 2/15-2/19. I just want them to search it, so it's done and LE can hopefully move on to finding Gabriel alive.

I pray every night that they do not find Gabriel in that landfill, how horrible would that be if he was there this whole time.

They bring in cadaver dogs at different phases during the pre-search planning. It's to try to point in to the areas where they have to dig.

Somewhere on the net is a very large document that goes through all the stages of a landfill search. It's in a PDF document. I'll try to find it again today. It's a very good guide to all the stages.

Thanks! Ok...so we can take it as somewhat good news that nothing has been found like JJ says when he says it is a hopeful sign (I am paraphrasing the video).

TXHOPE...I also pray he is not in that landfill. I don't feel like he is, and BeanE in another thread details some quotes that make it appear that Elizabeth COULD be saying more (which also was good news to me).

Thanks! Ok...so we can take it as somewhat good news that nothing has been found like JJ says when he says it is a hopeful sign (I am paraphrasing the video).

TXHOPE...I also pray he is not in that landfill. I don't feel like he is, and BeanE in another thread details some quotes that make it appear that Elizabeth COULD be saying more (which also was good news to me).

I do not believe Jay's statement that LE searched the landfill yesterday. I would need confirmation from LE or perhaps a reporter who had video to support their contentions.

The pre-dig cadaver searches that LE did, well, I don't know if the dogs alerted or not. If they did not alert, I may gain a little hope from that, but my understanding is that remains may be buried so deeply at a landfill, and the dogs scent affected by the gases etc, that they may not alert until the dig is underway, and some of the trash has been removed.

But... that's my non-expert, personal opinion and feelings only.

I am hopeful hearing from Sgt Carbajal that Eliz's attorney and the county attorney are talking. That's a good sign to me. At least there is a door open, and that is at least a first step.

I do not believe Jay's statement that LE searched the landfill yesterday. I would need confirmation from LE or perhaps a reporter who had video to support their contentions.

The pre-dig cadaver searches that LE did, well, I don't know if the dogs alerted or not. If they did not alert, I may gain a little hope from that, but my understanding is that remains may be buried so deeply at a landfill, and the dogs scent affected by the gases etc, that they may not alert until the dig is underway, and some of the trash has been removed.

But... that's my non-expert, personal opinion and feelings only.

I am hopeful hearing from Sgt Carbajal that Eliz's attorney and the county attorney are talking. That's a good sign to me. At least there is a door open, and that is at least a first step.

Thanks...I know NOTHING about landfill digs, but what you said makes sense. Thanks for your interpretation.

Thanks...I know NOTHING about landfill digs, but what you said makes sense. Thanks for your interpretation.
Landfill searches are highly specialized,dangerous, and expensive. Not only is OSHA approval involved ,but it is tough finding dogs that not only are able to distinguish smells in this envirnonment but owners that are willing to put their dogs into this dangerous situation.

It's supposed to rain ALL this week in San Antonio! I don't see how they are going to do the search this week, it's probably going to have to be next week 2/15-2/19. I just want them to search it, so it's done and LE can hopefully move on to finding Gabriel alive.

I pray every night that they do not find Gabriel in that landfill, how horrible would that be if he was there this whole time.

Not to mention the rain we got last week. . . .I was half joking with my dad that he might have to get his boat ready. . . .as much as I want Gabriel found and pray to heaven he is not in that landfill, I also don't want the searchers or dogs to be hurt or injuried digging thru wet debris.

Melissa. . . .at work and looking out the window at a dreary, chilly day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama