Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my post that you quoted was in response to the "turning the other cheek post" not about who spoke when.

thank you for clarifying that. You said that LE could have thought he "sounded sincere" and to me that is a whim and not based on concrete evidence to go forward with a tactical operation. Sorry for using the word whim

No, that wasn't me--I'm not sure who said that~I'll have to scroll back and see..
:)

thank you for clarifying that. You said that LE could have thought he "sounded sincere" and to me that is a whim and not based on concrete evidence to go forward with a tactical operation. Sorry for using the word whim

I'm not understanding what could be concrete evidence to do the sting, but not enough to make an arrest? I am thinking, at best, they have a passed LD by landscaper, but that is never concrete evidence. I am so confused-obviously they needed her to say something incriminating and she did not, thus no arrest. At least, that is what I suppose. :(

Hallo WVJules!

Nice to see your good self...

Terri had the 2nd LDT on 6/19; not the Saturday of the 911 call or KH and K moving out.

Also, if she did try to hire the landscaper to murder Kaine then why in the world would she call 911 about him threatening her over it? That makes no sense to me.

Good question on that "why in the world would she call 9-1-1?"

Now then there is at least one link inferring that the 9-1-1 "threat" call was made at the time of the "sting." KOIN reported it this way, referring to a site that we do not reference here (so is it reliable information?):

From KOINLocal6.com
>>The site said Horman shut down the conversation and then called 911. This ended the sting operation and no arrest was made.<<

Here are the 9-1-1 "threats" call references:

From oregonlive.com:
>>Last weekend, at 5:17 p.m. June 26, Terri Horman placed a 9-1-1 call, classified as a "threats" call, to Multnomah County dispatchers, and a sheriff's deputy responded. By 11:39 p.m., when her husband and her 19-month-old daughter hadn't returned home, Terri Horman placed another 9-1-1 call, one classified by dispatchers as a "custody" matter. Kaine Horman wasn't at the home when either call was placed, sources said. The sheriff's office has declined to allow the release of the 9-1-1 tapes.<<

and

From KGW.com
>>The first came at 5:17 p.m. and was a "threat" priority two call, meaning officers were sent in person, according to an emergency dispatch supervisor. They arrived at 5:25 p.m.

It was not clear whether the calls were placed by a woman or a man.
<<

Then we have...(from OregonLive.com):
>>This time, he wore a body wire and was accompanied by an undercover officer. On the recorded conversation, he sought $10,000 from her, saying otherwise he would go to police with the murder-for-hire plot, sources said.

Terri Horman apparently cut off the conversation fairly quickly, sources said.
<<

SO....there was a "threats" call, did it occur at the time of the sting? Dunno, it is reported (in MSM, but they got info from ?) AND, one way or another, there is a "recorded conversation." Perhaps that recording caught Terri dialing 9-1-1 and talking to them? Who knows?

BACK TO YOUR GOOD QUESTION... IF Terri did call 9-1-1 at the time of the sting, why would she do that? I believe that others have addressed why she might feel safe in doing so...

A. His word against mine, they will never believe him -- he has no proof.
B. All receipts are on "landscaper" forms, saying "for services" (lawn mowing, fertilizing, tree trimming, road scraping)
C. Maybe she knew he was here illegally, he had a record, etc. and so on...

Obviously LE felt that there was enough in this murder-for-hire thing (or some other ulterior thing) that they invested in a sting. Maybe they "took a chance" on her giving a payment or talking about things, not expecting her to fess up or participate, but they wanted her to know, "We are on to your behaviors girl." In other words, she'd better get to spitting out what she knew about Kyron pronto, or by the time they were done investigating, they'd have a whole table full of things to prosecute on.

ON THE OTHER HAND, maybe there is a bit of a twist in the whole reason behind the sting... Maybe it wasn't "murder-for-hire" at all, but kidnapping for hire (or some other "sale" kinda thing)...but "murder" is what was leaked.

Weird-I don't know why that first quote showed up, too. Not intended!

I have wondered just how much they had to get an RO but if it wasnt much why hasnt TH done anything to have it lifted and see her daughter, or has she done anything? I really dont know, that's why I'm asking.

I'm not understanding what could be concrete evidence to do the sting, but not enough to make an arrest? I am thinking, at best, they have a passed LD by landscaper, but that is never concrete evidence. I am so confused-obviously they needed her to say something incriminating and she did not, thus no arrest. At least, that is what I suppose. :(
I seriously am not trying to beat a dead horse... (per bbm) but just because they did not arrest her at that point in time for the murder for hire that does not mean it will not happen in the future if there is enough evidence. They just didn't get a confession on tape, which they were hoping for.

Look at the Patricia Kimmi case. Roger Hollister was accused of murder via murder for hire.. however, they have yet to arrest the person doing the hiring. And I might add that the arrest that DID occur took a lllloooooonnnnnnggggg time. It might take an equally long time to arrest the person who contracted the murder.

I guess my point is that this will take time. The fact that we know it is a work in progress is HIGHLY TELLING TO ME.

I have wondered just how much they had to get an RO but if it wasnt much why hasnt TH done anything to have it lifted and see her daughter, or has she done anything? I really dont know, that's why I'm asking.

I don't know how ROs work any more, but years ago I had to file one on my (now ex) spouse, and he couldn't do anything about it until the court date...

... listening to the rebroadcast of the Levi show. He had a former detective on that said that the landscaper sting would not have been set up on a whim... they would have had all their ducks in a row: ie: LDT of the LS to confirm the truthfulness of his story, interviews with any and everyone he may have told about the "hire" previously, phone and email records to confirm communication between the two, etc.

I believe this. moo

It seems apparent that regardless of the nature, history and detail that investigators discovered in their due diligence into the relationship between TMH and the landscaper, the landscaper's story passed the smell test of both the MCSO and the FBI.

I don't believe TMH is being "set up" to take the fall for anything. I also believe that investigators have more than the MFH story to reveal about her. The near future should be interesting.

Yes, this has been bothering me since I watched the full interview with the questions afterward with Desiree and Tony. The LE and now Desiree say TH has been cooperating with the LE up until she got a lawyer. Two days? She talked to them on Saturday (a week ago) while Kaine was moving out. They could be asking her the same questions over and over and she agreed to two LDTs. Do they really expect her to spend all day every day letting them pound her with the same questions? This is not cooperating? We don't even know if the LE have asked her anything else since then, since LE says she is cooperating. They may very well have not.

Yes, tell us what it is you think she is withholding and why. Or have the LE charge her.

Guilty or not, you do not have the right to try and accuse someone or find them guilty by public opinion. You tell us nothing and expect us to connect some kind of invisible dots.

They were ready to arrest her? Right, if she said: Why yes I do remember hiring you to kill my husband at 1:45pm on November 8, of 2009. Where should I sign? Hell of a case there. If they have/had nothing more than one man's word and a gut feeling, I am sick to think they would tell Kaine, us or the judge based on only that.

You say she was the last one to see him, this doesn't make her guilty and you need to explain what happened that morning that you have proven young T, who was on tape, was mistaken in his account.

With every passing day, Terri comes off looking better and everyone else looks worse. Desiree breaks my heart, but if you are going to imply every week that she is guilty of something, you better have a good reason, not one man's word or just doubt.

I wouldn't be surprised if Terri sells an exclusive interview with someone to get her side out soon.

We have assumed LE's silence implies knowledge, and many have assumed that Terri's silence implies guilt. Both could be right, but both could also be wrong.

What matters is where is Kyron?

...:clap:...........:clap:.............:clap:...

It seems apparent that regardless of the nature, history and detail that investigators discovered in their due diligence into the relationship between TMH and the landscaper, the landscaper's story passed the smell test of both the MCSO and the FBI.

I don't believe TMH is being "set up" to take the fall for anything. I also believe that investigators have more than the MFH story to reveal about her. The near future should be interesting.
post of the day!

I had a "oh yeah" moment today after listening to the rebroadcast of the Levi show. He had a former detective on that said that the landscaper sting would not have been set up on a whim... they would have had all their ducks in a row: ie: LDT of the LS to confirm the truthfulness of his story, interviews with any and everyone he may have told about the "hire" previously, phone and email records to confirm communication between the two, etc.

I believe this. moo
Well,The ducks are not in row anymore.What a mess.

In the Caylee Anthony case, LE had Casey's boyfriend wera a wire to record Casey's brother - I don't think they were lacking evidence, rather just trying to gather as much as possible.

Also, I didn't see LE saying the sting was a failure. They said TH shut down the convo quickly, so maybe she did say something at first, then got spooked and called 911 to try to cover up.
jmo

what makes you think that Ms S? I think they are lining up in a neat row and quacking to the same tune. It just takes time. moo
If I may please say because nothing is proving she did anything.Nothing.At least I don't see it.Maybe they really have nothing to quack to.

Oh Gosh.Now I have this image of all these ducks in a row quacking LOL.What a mess.

If I may please say because nothing is proving she did anything.Nothing.At least I don't see it.Maybe they really have nothing to quack to.
websleuths is all about sleuthing it out and I respect your opinion!

However, I do disagree.

But I also have a hat I will eat it if I am wrong.

WHAT IF -- There have been rumors of Kaine having an affair. What if Kaine hired lawn boy (he had access to the same computers as Terri) to set up Terri for the murder-for-hire as a way to get out of his marriage and to get custody of his daughter, and this has absolutely nothing at all to do with Kyron's disappearance?

At this point I would not be shocked at all.

websleuths is all about sleuthing it out and I respect your opinion!

However, I do disagree.

But I also have a hat I will eat it if I am wrong.
I respect your opinion too. :hug: I just hope they find little Kyron through all this mess.It's very sad.

Terri had the 2nd LDT on 6/19; not the Saturday of the 911 call or KH and K moving out.

Also, if she did try to hire the landscaper to murder Kaine then why in the world would she call 911 about him threatening her over it? That makes no sense to me.

It's quite simple to me.

Scenario 1. Imagine you're innocent of any wrongdoing but you're in the eye of the storm because of a missing child. The guy who used to do your lawn has decided to take the opportunity to make up a blackmail scheme and he comes to visit you with a scary looking pal, talking something very worrisome about killing your husband. You have no idea what's going on. What would you do?

I think you would call 911 because you would be scared for yourself and your husband and because there is a chance that this strangely acting guy and his scary friend have something to do with your child going missing.

Scenario 2. You asked your gardener to kill your husband but he didn't do it. Now you're in the middle of a missing child investigation and you think they suspect you. Suddenly the gardener who left you alone for months reappears with a friend and threatens to tell LE about your past conversations. You are feeling a little paranoid in every day situations and this makes your dangermeter blink on red alert. You think his friend kinda looks like an undercover agent and wonder if your lawnboy has already told LE and if this is a setup. What would you do? You need to act like you're innocent, so what do you do?

Plan 1. Stay silent.
Advantages: LE might not hear about your murder-for-hire plan. Disadvantages: You might have to pay him money that you don't have, and then some. Why would he quit having got ten grand? Also, if LE is watching your finances they will ask uncomfortable questions if money vanishes. Furthermore, if he's already told LE and if this is a setup, you will look like you have something to hide if you go along with the lawn guy's demands.

Plan 2. Inform LE.
Disadvantages: If the lawn guy hasn't told LE about your murder-for-hire plan they will find out. But if this is a set up it will not matter because they already know.
Advantages: If this is a setup, you have a chance to bluff your way through it saying you know nothing about any murder-for-hire plan. If it's his word against yours it might work. You look more innocent if you inform LE about the encounter yourself than if they need to come and ask you about it. An innocent person would call LE if someone talks about killing her husband and attempts blackmail.

I think it makes sense to call LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member