Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/ Murder in the First Degree #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh here's where the 30 Tb of data comes from: the initial searches of DM and MS's hangouts and the hangar. They had 31 Tb of raw data and only ended up using a small fraction of it:

In terms of the manner or scope of the search conducted on the numerous computers, in this hearing I accept the testimony from retired Sgt. Jim Falconer. Amongst other facts, Sgt. Falconer testified that the devices were separated into two groups – a smaller subset consisting of GPS and cell phones in one group, and a larger group consisting of the rest (called by this writer simply as computer-related devices). The smaller group of devices yielded essentially no evidence but the larger group did.

[88] Sgt. Jim Falconer testified that he oversaw the examination of the computer-related devices. The computer related devices were first “imaged”. This is described in paragraphs 155 to 157 of the ITO. Collectively the computer-related devices contained about 31 terabytes (TB) of data.

[89] The images were then the subject of a preliminary triage by Sgt. Jim Falconer. By taking a very cursory review, he identified those devices which could potentially contain relevant information and identified those that he thought were unlikely to contain potentially relevant information. By examining file creation dates and last written dates he was able to identify “old” or stale computers.

[90] After imaging, each item was pre-processed. Pre-processing isolated a subset of data relating to internet browsing, internet communications, picture-type files and movie-type files. Picture-type files that were known to police or duplicated within the computer were pre-categorized so later, when the subset of data from each computer was examined, those images did not need to be further examined.

[91] Police personnel, called data reviewers, then examined the preprocessed subset (2.73 TB) in order to create an even narrower subset of findings. They then forwarded their results to Sgt. Jim Falconer. The data reviewers’ findings then allowed Sgt. Falconer to isolate 15 devices of the original 67 devices that required a more fulsome and potentially more intrusive forensic examination. Once complete, Sgt. Falconer then compiled a summary report that summarized .06% of the total data as potentially relevant.*

[92] Relating to the Bosma case, police obtained relevant evidence on seven devices – five devices from Millard’s home (at 5 Maple Gate Court) and two devices from his hangar.

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/d...sh=AAAAAQAJdGVyYWJ5dGVzAAAAAAE&resultIndex=30

* so that is about 18 Gb out of 30 Tb

I have been in contact with Adam Carter CBC , he informed me CBC has not put him on the Laura Babcock trial. Makes no sense to me as he won them an award for this coverage and the cases are so connected. I emailed tonews@cbc.ca to express my displeasure lol

You beat me to the task. Please let me know if you get a response.
I have been in contact with Adam Carter CBC , he informed me CBC has not put him on the Laura Babcock trial. Makes no sense to me as he won them an award for this coverage and the cases are so connected. I emailed tonews@cbc.ca to express my displeasure lol

I would send your email saying the same!
Agreed! tonews@cbc.ca is the right place to voice your complaints on this issue.
I've done so. Let's hope it makes a difference.

I truly feel Adam Carter would be in a unique class if he were to cover both trials, given that none of the principal reporters have been confirmed as on the LB trial. I said so, more eloquently, in my email to the executive producer in charge.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Is CN required to testify at the LB trial? If so, can they legally force someone to be a witness in court, even if that person is out of the country? It seems CN is going to Poland for med school.

ETA: wonder if she will leave prior to the trial's commencement?

Jury selection for the LB trial begins in less than two weeks.

Last time around for the TB trial, it went like this:

Monday 1/18/2016 Jury selection began
Monday 1/25/2016 Jury selection was complete
Monday 2/1/2016 The trial started.

This time jury selection starts on a Thursday, 10/12/2017. If jury selection again took a week and the trial again started on a Monday we would be looking at a 10/23/2017 start date.

In the weirdest of all weird things, a wedding videographer has posted footage of DM and CN at a wedding she filmed that occurred about 6 months before LB's death...so I guess during their affair? Search "Dellen Millard wedding" on Twitter and follow the crumbs. I haven't downloaded it yet but if you do, tell us how it goes.

In the weirdest of all weird things, a wedding videographer has posted footage of DM and CN at a wedding she filmed that occurred about 6 months before LB's death...so I guess during their affair? Search "Dellen Millard wedding" on Twitter and follow the crumbs. I haven't downloaded it yet but if you do, tell us how it goes.
I listened to the podcast and she posted these photos. Nothing exciting except she was the photographer at the wedding he attended with CN.
1fc690288f97110b92dbd6b268dbd934.jpg
9b76c403230a25cf681b5d4ca5eef7e0.jpg

So...around December 2011? When CN had just turned 18, DM was a 26 year old engaged man living with his fiance and a few months away from messing around with his real estate agent LW and 23yr old LB, allegedly ultimately murdering her?

This trial can't come soon enough. :notgood:

MOO

So...around December 2011? When CN had just turned 18, DM was a 26 year old engaged man living with his fiance and a few months away from messing around with his real estate agent LW and 23yr old LB, allegedly ultimately murdering her?

This trial can't come soon enough. :notgood:

MOO

Yes, odd, he brings his side piece to a wedding while he is engaged and cohabiting. What a complicated personal life he led.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting.

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 Oct 5
Millard will be unrepresented at trial. Temporary pub bans are standard for PT motions. I haven't been in court as can't report 1/2

I plan on attending first day of jury picking, which is still set for next Thursday. This trial's been a long time coming

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 Oct 2
Opening day for sure as well as some key days,but not sure about every day. Stay tuned and I'll keep you posted

Hahaha no representation. Just like another case right now: Basil Borutski (who also murdered 3 people).

Millard will be unrepresented at trial. Temporary pub bans are standard for PT motions. I haven't been in court as can't report 1/2

I plan on attending first day of jury picking, which is still set for next Thursday. This trial's been a long time coming

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 Oct 2
Opening day for sure as well as some key days,but not sure about every day. Stay tuned and I'll keep you posted
Oh I bet Dungy is thrilled that he's got to go toe to toe with such a talent. DM has no decency. IMHO, he's looking to turn this whole thing into a 3 ring circus- I hope that the Judge is all over him like a bad rash, I hope that Dungy rips him as often as he can. As if he wasn't already a disgrace to the Millard name. I pity the Jury and LB family/friends that have to sit thru this fiasco. Sure hope ABro is ready for her second book! I suggest she title it "Learning Law in Jail for Dummies by Dellen Millard" or "5 top ways to aggravate Judges, Lawyers and Jury's...by Dellen Millard". "Who needs Ringling Bros?- a day in Court with Dellen Millard" Hat's off to ABro for covering these bottom crawlers- it's definitely a calling and she does an incredible job as an investigative journalist.

This is so disconcerting on so many levels.

DM will make a mockery of LB's death I fear, and that's not right. Not right at all.

He's going to try and control the whole procedure which is what he always did. He's going to get his time in the limelight and LB, her family and friends are going to have to sit and bear witness to it all.

It's also going to set up appeal after appeal and there will probably be grounds for them because he doesn't know what he's doing.

He just wants to "be the guy" once again.

Sick

This is so disconcerting on so many levels.

DM will make a mockery of LB's death I fear, and that's not right. Not right at all.

He's going to try and control the whole procedure which is what he always did. He's going to get his time in the limelight and LB, her family and friends are going to have to sit and bear witness to it all.

It's also going to set up appeal after appeal and there will probably be grounds for them because he doesn't know what he's doing.

He just wants to "be the guy" once again.

Sick

He will be going against Dungey for Smich. It will be interesting to hear what each side of the story is. DM will make a mockery of Laura, no doubt. Much support to all her family and friends who will have to hear how Smich and Millard killed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven