Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably just laying down as much of as a record as he can for appeal purposes.

[FONT=&quot]marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 11m11 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Millard has submitted a mistrial application, in the absence of the jury, his grounds are that he has "suffered irreparable prejudice as a result of Smich's antagonist defence and its surprise delivery", wants mistrial.
[/FONT]

Huh? What the heck does this even mean? Surprise delivery?

I'm heading down to the court today to see how things are going. I guess I picked an interesting day.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews

Back to hear the #Millard mistrial motion. #LauraBabcock

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Justice Michael Code is back in the room now, after reviewing Millard's application for a mistrial. It's 10 pages.

Code asks Millard if he has any submissions to make. Millard, "I've laid it out, I don't have anything to add unless there is rebuttal from the other parties."
#LauraBabcock

I said possibly LB's possessions. Crown alluded to that in their closing i believe. Therefore IF they were LB's = suspicious she is wearing 2 bras. idk just an observation.
I believe 100% MM would have no problems taking Laura s possessions, just like MS had no problem taking the Ipad, both of them were the same , she just got away with things.
I also think the purple slippers in one video belonged to Laura more of this trios sick warped antics to post a video of the slippers. These are beyond warped, dispicable people and that includes MM. I don't care if she has a job now, oh wow, like that makes her into a upstanding citizen, I doubt that.

i have begun working on changing it. If each other member here clicks on "feedback" below the description, and submits why google ought to change it, they will.

done !!!

Response to post 716

True. But we are not talking about evidence of inconsistencies. We are talking about using Millard’s behavior in the courtroom, qua lawyer, to impugn his character as the accused.

What a cry baby.

It makes my blood boil that he can play these games, meanwhile he submitted at least three people to a horrible death.

Boo hoo poor me. Suck it up DM. You reap what you sow.

Judge wants to know if "we're going to launch right into the socratic method." #Millard says it depends on what the other parties have to say. "I wouldn't think you're going to get them to join you on this one, Mr. Millard." #LauraBabcock

Back to hear the #Millard mistrial motion. #LauraBabcock

Justice Michael Code is back in the room now, after reviewing Millard's application for a mistrial. It's 10 pages.

Code asks Millard if he has any submissions to make. Millard, "I've laid it out, I don't have anything to add unless there is rebuttal from the other parties."
#LauraBabcock

Check the lawyer-speak here folks!

There is no jury present, they remain sequestered and continue to deliberate on a verdict. In the room, it's just lawyers and defence, members of the media, and the Babcock family. #LauraBabcock

In his mistrial application, Millard argues Smich’s lawyer Thomas Dungey put forward an antagonistic defence - pinning the alleged murder on him - something both side agreed they would not do during pre-trial motions.
#LauraBabcock

But that changed, Millard writes in his application, during Dungey’s closing address, when Dungey “squarely levelled fault at me for Ms. Babcock’s alleged murder.”
#LauraBabcock

Huh? What the heck does this even mean? Surprise delivery?

I'm heading down to the court today to see how things are going. I guess I picked an interesting day.

I think I read in one of the 'what the jury didn't hear' stories that DM had wanted a separate trial from MS because MS was going to run an 'antagonistic' defence against him like in the TB trial and Dungey said that he wasn't planning on it but he wasn't going to rule anything out.

I didn't think that Dungey was antagonistic but even if he had been, he never gave any guarantees.

DM needed to be a little more selective in choosing his minions and should stop whining about it now.

I disagree. Lawyers regularly use positions taken by other lawyers on issues as evidence of inconsistencies on behalf of the accused.
Sorry for replying to this comment with no relevance...
But, is the jury still deliberating during all of this (as in, do they know what's going on with DM & his application)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Then #Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey was antagonistic in his closing address, #Millard says, after he'd already closed his case. #LauraBabcock

Millard goes onto say Dungey “advanced a theme consistent with the Crown theory of me as a principal offender [who] had a motive based on a ‘love triangle.’”
#LauraBabcock

This is his cry about having to close first. The others got to say something he didn't.

Justice Code says Millard's problem is a "definitional" one. The fear of antagonistic defence came from the crown, not #Smich, in the severance application, which #Millard is referring to in his insistence that Smich was not supposed to put forth an antagonistic defence.

I definitely don't consider MM the innocent little victim she portrayed at all. She was young but look at her photos during both murders, not one of them show he anything but smiling and having a good time. During the video with the sick rap song about a murder look at MM in that video she was enjoying listening to him rap. They were both the same MS and MM and if MS and DM had not been caught I believe she would have become more involved with the crimes.
I am not going to repeat some things from fb that have to do with MM, but I will say that the antics not MM directly but I am sure she was aware to me are proof she is not the reformed moron that she was when involved with MS.

Sorry for replying to this comment with no relevance...
But, is the jury still deliberating during all of this (as in, do they know what's going on with DM & his application)

Sent from my SMG930W8 using Tapatalk=QUOTE]

Not a chance.

Smich's lawyer argued that they would not be advancing a "cutthroat" defence, like in the Bosma trial, where "propensity for violence" and bad character became part of defence case, Judge explains to #Millard. #LauraBabcock

Code refers to a pre-trial motion where Smich and Millard talked about what sort of defence they would mount. Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey said he would not be presenting a 'cut-throat' or 'hostile' defence on behalf of Smich. #LauraBabcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11