Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if DM is doing this about a mistrial because he knows he will get M1 and MS may not, and he wants to drag MS down with him. That is just my idea of why he is trying to attack MS now.

Millard "your honor, it wasn't a love triangle-it was a thrill kill/practice run -can we have a do over?"

Sounds like even the judge believes there's a possibility that MS might be acquitted here. And DM definitely now believes it's a possibility and he claims he has information on MS that would show how involved he was. Or he wants to everyone to believe it was MS and not him.

I have to wonder sometimes if he's really living in an alternate world where he truly believes he did nothing wrong and was not responsible for the deaths of three people. Or if he just wants to keep pushing that agenda to keep himself busy with appeals for years to come. :waitasec:

MOO

Our prisons are full of people still proclaiming their "innocence".

I wonder if DM is doing this about a mistrial because he knows he will get M1 and MS may not, and he wants to drag MS down with him. That is just my idea of why he is trying to attack MS now.

May have something to do with admissibility of verdict of this trial as evidence in the other one. The LB charge comes from before The WM death. If found guilty on this one it may be allowed in the next trial as the events happened before, especially if there is evidence that WM died because he knew about the LB situation. A mistrial might keep the LB events out as they have not yet been proven.

Does anyone know?
Is it in the court transcripts of the closing remarks, if Dellen actually said "died" when he was talking about the red suitcase?
Have any of the reporters seen the transcripts yet?
If he said died then it proves the CN letters were correct, for the jury.

The image had the words "Fireside Furniture" captioned on it, so it was very credibly theorized that it was a sick joke about sitting around the incinerator. We can't know for sure what was intended though. Those sausage pictures were probably benign and unrelated to anything but one friend sending a sausage 'high five' to the other friend, perhaps after noticing the shape of a hand in the pan, or perhaps making that shape on purpose.

I believe the log bench and stools likely referred to sitting around the incinerator. The sausages could be nothing, but the timing is suspicious in relation to the log pics and the subsequent events of TB’s murder. They did after all refer to the incinerator as a BBQ, and DM had texted “the BBQ is ready for meat” when referring to LB. So, I agree it could be benign, but IMHO it’s equally suggestive of a brewing excitement (“High five!”) about their upcoming “BBQ” and what was expected to be a successful mission.

Does anyone know?
Is it in the court transcripts of the closing remarks, if Dellen actually said "died" when he was talking about the red suitcase?
Have any of the reporters seen the transcripts yet?
If he said died then it proves the CN letters were correct, for the jury.

I believe Lisa was asked if she was sure that DM had said that and she replied yes and that it had really surprised her or something that effect. It's not a transcript, but she was certain.

I seem to think the 'fireside furniture' was made by MS. There are several messages from DM to MS about 'making something' and selling it at markets whenever MS was desperate for cash. DM also suggested he 'sew' something to sell?.

Eeesh. I found the arguments within the mistrial application to be quite telling.

The whole motion has left me feeling uneasy, and I can't exactly put my finger on it. So bear with me while I work through this.

I think its that it shows that DM and MS, are both lying little *****s, who know LB is dead, and that they both had something to do with it. It's like they both had to have clarification ahead of time that neither were going to point the finger, and say "he did it".

But now DM is in a tizzy, because of how TD worded his closing. He's saying "If I knew that was going to be your angle, I would have changed my story! We had an agreement, you broke it!"

It's like he's admitting, these are just stories. That defence tactics are just that, and they have the ability to tailor their stories accordingly. It's not that I'm surprised, I know they are both lying, but it's just unsettling to actually hear (read?) it out loud in the courtroom. The Babcock's must feel immense frustration.

Am I making sense?

Eeesh. I found the arguments within the mistrial application to be quite telling.

The whole motion has left me feeling uneasy, and I can't exactly put my finger on it. So bear with me while I work through this.

I think its that it shows that DM and MS, are both lying little *****s, who know LB is dead, and that they both had something to do with it. It's like they both had to have clarification ahead of time that neither were going to point the finger, and say "he did it".

But now DM is in a tizzy, because of how TD worded his closing. He's saying "If I knew that was going to be your angle, I would have changed my story! We had an agreement, you broke it!"

It's like he's admitting, these are just stories. That defence tactics are just that, and they have the ability to tailor their stories accordingly. It's not that I'm surprised, I know they are both lying, but it's just unsettling to actually hear (read?) out loud in the courtroom. The Babcock's must feel immense frustration.

Am I making sense?

It makes perfect sense. Same ***** happened in the TB trial. IMHO everyone “in the know” is convinced that DM and MS are guilty, but there’s a legal chess game that has to be played to determine whether they go to prison or not.

lol MS didn't even get off his butt to achieve getting his driver's license!
I seem to think the 'fireside furniture' was made by MS. There are several messages from DM to MS about 'making something' and selling it at markets whenever MS was desperate for cash. DM also suggested he 'sew' something to sell?.

Verdict later today, after they find what they need in the closings?

That's what I'm thinking. And I believe that statement by DM about the red bag not being the one LB had when she died is what they are looking for.

Verdict later today, after they find what they need in the closings?

I'm thinking verdict tomorrow morning. Beat the traffic heading back home, nice getting to know you fellow jurors, Merry Christmas folks.

lol MS didn't even get off his butt to achieve getting his driver's license!
Lol, every time I think about that text conversation between MS and DM (about making something, sewing something, and selling at markets) I can't help but laugh profusely. It's truly one of the funniest images I have from these trials. I just can't reconcile it, and it makes me feel silly!

He wants another way to delay this and so he can play lawyer again, ugh. he is so disgusting.

IMO this is his adult version of eating dog biscuits at school. Always looking for attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when I go to the court today, does everyone in the gallery just sit in the room and read a book or something while waiting? What's the etiquette or protocol while waiting for a verdict? Are all the lawyers and the judge sitting in the courtroom too?

I attended a trial a few years back. We waited in the courthouse for the jury’s verdict over a couple of days, but not in the courtroom itself. Just in the hallways of the courthouse. Whenever the jury had a question, and when the verdict was finally announced, we were called back into the courtroom from the hallways by court clerks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Millard sputtering while clenching his little fists and stomping his little feet... "but your honour...people gathered here...nobody seems to realize...I AM HEAVEN SENT! ..."

...and while we are waiting did I mention that I have mad photoshop skills’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads