Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

I really would love LE to have pulled a complete google search history from the ip addresses associated with DMs address. I am sure it would have been very interesting. I never saw any sign of this in the media. I am pretty sure a warrant could have been obtained to request such a thing IIRC. Can anyone else confirm if this was done or even can be done from Canada?

I'd have to go back and look, but IIRC, when the devices were seized and in preparation for the Bosma case, they did review search history on the computers at least. There was relevance with respect to searching for vehicles. As much as I have followed this LB case, I'm pretty sure internet history was not brought up and it would seem the Crown didn't find anything too relevant to raise. As for a complete history from the IP address and the ISP, I don't think that's come up?

Photo of DM mother, wow. All I can say is that that does not seem to be a healthy relationship and I don't even want to know. Having DM as your son is a living hell if you ask me. Same goes for CN as a daughter, though she's completely fooled her parents it seems.

Oh I would love to know the family dynamics and what made this person into a monster. I think AS hit the nail on the head when he gave a statement a few years ago. MOO.

“I thought he was just a spoilt little brat who had his way all his life and didn’t appreciate what his father was doing for him,” said Mr. Sharif. “He was an impediment to the hangar operation” who didn’t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon, and refused to clear his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes from the business premises.

http://nationalpost.com/news/millar...-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it

Thank you for the welcome.

First off, I agree they are both guilty. But, when MS exactly knew and had agreed to help fulfill DM's darkest desires and plans, is up for debate. "Bones" can still mean animals and the whole angle of pet cremation and "cheapening out" first by a homemade incinerator could make sense. Then DM had MS researching the professional/Eliminator one, passes this information onto SS to order, then deciding size etc. The zinger was "some chopping wood be necessary" and I have read here that it was not "wood" he meant, but "would" (of human limbs) that was inferred. They couldn't even pose that question to the street slang/underworld language person (sorry, I forget the expert's actual title), because even that expert would not be able to positively say that is what was truly meant.

As far as the jury can see, this was all DM and SS on The Eliminator purchase and TD kind of drove that home, no?

You give MS much more credit of being a follower than I.

Just the idea of his smile while holding the rake on July 23rd 2012, and his TB trial testimony that he did not want to go anywhere near the Eliminator, but was afraid of Madman Millard, so he was forced to assist. This guy is street smart, and while others may give him the benefit of the doubt, I do not.

And we know he wasn't afraid of the Eliminator after disposing of LB. He wrote a RAP lyric, and included swimming actions when he performed it. He bragged to others about it.

The incinerator, homemade or Eliminator was always discussed to be tested at night. If it was legitimate, you would think tests would be done with the person who designed and built it (the mechanic). And in the case of the Eliminator, the man who resolved the problems (the mechanic). Not the street smart drug addict/dealer who was the one person you counted on for nefarious "missions". MOO

Speaking of sketchy, has anyone who's been to the courthouse/room seen this face around awaiting verdicts? If I'm not mistaken, I think it's Rabbit. Has MS's mother returned since her fiasco with the cameraman? MOO.

I'm certain that's not Rabbit -- Rabbit does have blonde hair, but her face is thinner and a different shape and she just looks different. For all we know, Rabbit was under subpoena by either Crown or defense (but not called) and so could not appear in court -- though that would not prevent her from appearing now. However, family members of the accused often don't join in the verdict watch in court. I think we'll finally hear from Rabbit at the WM trial.

There were pictures of her (with DM and others) online last year in conjunction with the TB trial.

Sorry, couldn't get your link to work inside the quote, so here it is for others if needed:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127810&stc=1

I read the other day the text that "the eliminator is the last part of the 3500 puzzle" and that was/is so chilling. Does anyone know if in fact that message was known at the time of the Bosma case evidence? Was it known and excluded? I have immense trouble believing it was available and excluded.

I know the available phones and computers were seized as a result of Bosma's disappearance and death and the ball to gather evidence started rolling like mad. The review of LB's disappearance and re-opening of her case (yes, originally botched by LE) and WM's also started to move. LE went back months later (after the initial search relating to Bosma) to seize items from both CN's room and MS' mother's house too. They were charged for LB in March 2014?

With the investigation into LB's disappearance and death and preparation for her and WM's murder trials, although LE forensics had already combed the computers for Bosma evidence, is it possible they found new evidence in the devices or computers-- such as the above mentioned '3500 puzzle piece' text--that they didn't have at the time of the Bosma trial? You know what I mean? That they did their best to really try to recover any messages and texts that they couldn't originally, and who knows what technology and forensics experts they may have called upon?

I don't know enough about preparing the case and I know there has to be full disclosure of what evidence is on hand and will be presented. I was just thinking that if I was the Crown, I'd exhaust all options on the technology and recovering messages, and I wouldn't stop at the experts in my own province or country. And if I found something else I could bring in, I'd do it legally. So for LB the 3500 text would be out but for Bosma I can't understand how it was not in, if they had it.

I really would love LE to have pulled a complete google search history from the ip addresses associated with DMs address. I am sure it would have been very interesting. I never saw any sign of this in the media. I am pretty sure a warrant could have been obtained to request such a thing IIRC. Can anyone else confirm if this was done or even can be done from Canada?

I would think that this is basic police investigation protocol. Perhaps this article will suggest the information you are looking for.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/...of-guns-online-searches-shown-at-bosma-trial/

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgrove View Post
Just landed. No verdict yet???

You've made me chuckle, Tealgrove... When people land at the airport the first people they usually text are family and loved ones saying they have landed safely. But you? Hot onto WS. I bet you couldn't wait! I'd be the same! ;) Its getting to be a nail-biter.

According to a LE Production Order report on Tealgrove's phone, and the tower pings, she did actually contact her family prior to logging onto Websleuths... :D

According to a LE Production Order report on Tealgrove's phone, and the tower pings, she did actually contact her family prior to logging onto Websleuths... :D

OMG I am busting a gut laughing so hard at this! LOL

Yup the pings will prove my innocence.

You give MS much more credit of being a follower than I.

Just the idea of his smile while holding the rake on July 23rd 2012, and his TB trial testimony that he did not want to go anywhere near the Eliminator, but was afraid of Madman Millard, so he was forced to assist. This guy is street smart, and while others may give him the benefit of the doubt, I do not.

And we know he wasn't afraid of the Eliminator after disposing of LB. He wrote a RAP lyric, and included swimming actions when he performed it. He bragged to others about it.

The incinerator, homemade or Eliminator was always discussed to be tested at night. If it was legitimate, you would think tests would be done with the person who designed and built it (the mechanic). And in the case of the Eliminator, the man who resolved the problems (the mechanic). Not the street smart drug addict/dealer who was the one person you counted on for nefarious "missions". MOO

:cheers: Exactly! If only jurors could speculate about what these two talked about when together. I fear it was much more worse than we care to imagine. I shudder to think who they were plotting to murder and incinerate next. Likely someone they felt knew too much if you kwim. Their form of entertainment and need for thrills far surpassed any compassion and/or love they may have felt for anyone...then again I don't know if they were capably of feeling compassion or love. It certainly would be interesting to ready a psychiatric assessment done on these two. MOO.

I was really hoping on a verdict tonight. I understand though that these jurors have a lot on their shoulders. I am surprised however at the lack of clarification questions ...I thought there would be more after this length of time deliberating. I can imagine at this point MS is getting hopeful. I can't imagine DM is hopeful though. He recognized his mess up about the red bag comment in his closing. That's why he stumbled after and asked for a break. He needed to regroup. Judge Code knew that too I think and that's why he didn't allow the break. I imagine that DM is replaying his glory moments and thinking he got a rough deal about now. I was rereading the letters from prison and I think he had convinced himself since the divorce of his parents that he's gotten a raw deal. I really would wonder how rabbit really thinks and feels with all of this out in the open now. You know those parents that believe their child hook, line and sinker? The ones that their child can do no wrong, it always everyone else? Is this her? The mentality that would try to clean up any mess he was in because that's her baby? We know she wiped down a trailer already. In one of Dm's letters to that new friend he made he says that line of his weekly visits is reserved for family..I do wonder if rabbit faithfully visits I always vowed I would never be that parent who doesn't think their child can do any wrong . You do your child no favors when you do that!! I wonder if she would go back in time and change anything in his up bringing. ... all my opinion and honest ramblings...

Can anyone confirm if this is the song that inspired DM's tattoos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oorx2EQ0Ag

If the opening lines are a coincidence, it is nauseating to listen to with DM in mind. We know he put some stock in song lyrics due to his CN letters.

I haven't made it through the song yet since each verse seems worse than the first.

Strength to the jurors and survivors of these heinous acts.

Edit: http://www.fightoffyourdemons.com/contact

link to contact the band in case they want to donate a song or something to the next Bosma golf tournament.

Hi everyone
Enjoyed the catch up read this morning so far - this is the first trial I have obsessively followed. So far although impatiently waiting I am surprisingly not to concerned at time taken. I am curious about the fact they asked for the closing statements. I am also curious there appears to have been no questions or asking for clarification on anything as yet. The judge was quite clear I guess but I would think clarifying evidence or questions regarding the charge would have occurred before asking for the closing statements. I thought they were looking for something but as yet nothing appears to have come from that.
I also while logically understand the exclusion of evidence it feels as if they almost give the defence a green light to fabricate and lie. All MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised there hasn't been more information regarding WTJDH released in the interim.

Hi everyone
Enjoyed the catch up read this morning so far - this is the first trial I have obsessively followed.

Good morning!
As I understand it, you're on the other side of the globe ... can I ask what prompted your interest in this case?
Did it receive attention in your part of the world?

Good morning!
As I understand it, you're on the other side of the globe ... can I ask what prompted your interest in this case?
Did it receive attention in your part of the world?

Hi I pop in and out of threads and although somewhere alone the line I may have heard something it was more the members here, I find the people on this thread very interesting, without having to go back and delve through masses of info everyone is engaging in reminding each other of information so it was easy to jump into. Through links and comments I have googled etc to get a basic knowledge which has helped. Besides the topic though I really enjoy the members on this thread. Intelligent respectful and witty. I'm in Aus by the way :)

Just adding my Dad lived in BC for 14 years so have a natural love of Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago

No verdict tonight at #LauraBabcock murder trial. Jury back tomorrow.

I'm hardly an expert, but I have conducted a few jury trials over the years, but I'm out of it now and following along just like everyone else here.
Appreciate your input!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels