London Ontario - Tori Stafford murder trial begins jury selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The accused, Michael Rafferty, sat quietly throughout the proceedings in the prisoner’s box, dressed in a grey suit and a purple tie as jurors were brought into the courtroom to be questioned by the judge. Mr. Rafferty, 31, is charged with sexual assault causing bodily harm, kidnapping and first-degree murder in death of the Grade 3 student nearly three years ago.Outside the courthouse, Mr. Rafferty’s lawyer, Dirk Derstine says the upcoming evidence in the case may be a surprise to the public. “I expect that the evidence to be called will be different than what everybody is perhaps expecting,” he told reporters.

Personally and JMHO I view the purple tie as very distasteful being purple was Tori's favourite colour and it was very well publicized from day one. I'm sure at least his defense team was well aware of that fact. I remember reading in the CA case it was the women on her team who selected her clothing for her trial. Wonder who's idea the purple tie was. :waitasec:

My second bolded part. I believe many people will be surprised by the evidence as we do not know what the Crown has as evidence. We can only guess by what we've heard up until now. I would say Mr. Derstine chose those two words wisely; may and perhaps JMO.

I agree. And as the evidence is presented the jury might become even more disgusted with his that type of thing, especially if he continues to wear it day after day, after day...... One good thing about this case not receiving attention on Nancy G., JVM etc., the defense isn't as likely to get feedback about that type of stuff.

If someone were holding Tori in the back, would they hold a cup of hot tea as well? Double cupped maybe, but still, the tea could spill on whoever was drinking it.

Did Rafferty or TLM like tea? It's pretty specific. I associate Tim Hortons with coffee, not tea.

It is. Most coffee shops here sell yummies too (ya know for Tori), I wonder if that has anything to do with why they went in there, and then they got tea too.

Do we know if Tori was given anything to knock her out? Could they have drugged Tori with either tea or a treat? Just wondering because when I was child I thought coffee was horrible, but I'd drink tea with lots and lots of sugar.

But then again, if the tea was used to drug little Tori, wouldn't they have gotten a soda or juice at the gas station as out here many gas stations sell that too? Now I really want to know why they stopped there. I'd assume that coffee and tea would be much cheaper at a little convenient store, and probably more convenient too... if the drinks were for just for TLMc and MTR why did they have to go to that store?

It is. Most coffee shops here sell yummies too (ya know for Tori), I wonder if that has anything to do with why they went in there, and then they got tea too.

Do we know if Tori was given anything to knock her out? Could they have drugged Tori with either tea or a treat? Just wondering because when I was child I thought coffee was horrible, but I'd drink tea with lots and lots of sugar.

But then again, if the tea was used to drug little Tori, wouldn't they have gotten a soda or juice at the gas station as out here many gas stations sell that too? Now I really want to know why they stopped there. I'd assume that coffee and tea would be much cheaper at a little convenient store, and probably more convenient too... if the drinks were for just for TLMc and MTR why did they have to go to that store?

I was thinking about whether they gave something to Tori in a drink or a treat to drug her for the rest of the drive, like you mentioned. There are lots of other drinks at TH like pop and juice or milk. They could have gotten something like that for her. Maybe they went in the drive thru for the convenience of it?

If someone were holding Tori in the back, would they hold a cup of hot tea as well? Double cupped maybe, but still, the tea could spill on whoever was drinking it.

And when I get tea at the coffee shop they give me the tea bag and the container and I get the water (very, very, verrrrrrry hot) over at the coffee condiments bar. I love speciality teas. Whenever I get some the water seems hotter even that a coffee is.... there's steam, I don't always get that from a cup of coffee.

I was thinking about whether they gave something to Tori in a drink or a treat to drug her for the rest of the drive, like you mentioned. There are lots of other drinks at TH like pop and juice or milk. They could have gotten something like that for her. Maybe they went in the drive thru for the convenience of it?

That makes sense. I didn't know we knew for sure it was a drive thru. That would be much easier.

Do we know if Tori was in the back seat or the trunk? TIA

That makes sense. I didn't know we knew for sure it was a drive thru. That would be much easier.

We don't know if they went in a drive-thru. If they did, I'm guessing it would be more convenient for them to not leave the car. I don't know if Tori was in the trunk. I don't know if Tori would have been thrown in the trunk of the car at the old age home in Woodstock thought, although it's possible.

Did Rafferty or TLM like tea? It's pretty specific. I associate Tim Hortons with coffee, not tea.
I always get tea at TH b/c I absolutely hate their coffee, same with my husband.

Speculation is that she was in the backseat and that was one of the reasons LE was looking for the backseat of the car. We don't know for sure where she was in the car, guess we find out during the upcoming trial.

Speculation is that she was in the backseat and that was one of the reasons LE was looking for the backseat of the car. We don't know for sure where she was in the car, guess we find out during the upcoming trial.

We don't know if they went in a drive-thru. If they did, I'm guessing it would be more convenient for them to not leave the car. I don't know if Tori was in the trunk. I don't know if Tori would have been thrown in the trunk of the car at the old age home in Woodstock thought, although it's possible.

Thank you :) I went searching and couldn't find that info. If Tori was in the backseat that would have been very risky since I think some drive thru windows (depending on how high or low they are) give the cashier a pretty good view into the car.

I did find a great timeline when I was searching for that though. Its was just done in a different way than I've usually seen timelines presented in the media. Would that be okay to link to?

and that picture is over a year old! i haven't seen any recent ones.

raffertyillo.jpg

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...rty-pleads-not-guilty-at-tori-stafford-trial/

One day and seven jurors closer to opening statements. Hopefully this will be over soon. I can't imagine what this is like for Tori's family, I don't think it will ever be over for them.

Here's a streetview shot of the Tim Hortons at the Petro Canada gas station located at 59 Woodlawn Road West, Guelph. Right beside (just east of) the Home Depot parking lot.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=tim+ho...=kAXDLCgpPmgvX9M5scAetw&cbp=12,318.97,,0,5.41

Going north on highway 6, there is a TH with a drive thru in Fergus, there is also one at the corner of Hwy 6 and 9 in Arthur, also with a drive thru. Both of these locations are on route towards Mt.Forest.

With this Timmies news being new to us, I am guessing that TLM did not mention this. This leads me to believe that the car was caught on video. I wonder how many more videos picked up this car.

♥♥♥ Justice For Tori ♥♥♥

YES PLEASE let's see Justice for Tori <3 <3....the straford Family have waited almost 3 YEARS...OMG!....God bless sweet Tori and MAY we all wish her family TREMENDOUS STRENGTH as they must FINALLY hear this horrendous TRIAL ...God bless <3 <3

Thanks for the info on the Timmies, flipflop. I'm shocked that they would actually stop anywhere for food or drink with Tori in the car. The TH in Arthur is the one near the Pioneer gas station right?

Thanks for the info on the Timmies, flipflop. I'm shocked that they would actually stop anywhere for food or drink with Tori in the car. The TH in Arthur is the one near the Pioneer gas station right?

That is correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member