Looking for any LISK (Long Island Serial Killer) updates

"The Commission on Forensic Science, which oversees state crime laboratories, approved last week the expansion of familial searching for use in cases, such as the Gilgo Beach killings, where crime victims remain unidentified for many years. The identities of three of 10 Gilgo victims are still unknown."

There are four remaining unidentified victims found on Ocean Parkway. Fire Island Jane Doe (1996 & 2011), Peaches (1997 & 2011), Baby Doe (2011), John Doe/Asian Male (2011).

Hey guys

Im looking for info on these killings also anything new would help to thanks

Hello. John here. I have been following the Gilgo/Jones Beach murders for some time now. Quick question here... I seem to recall reading somewhere a while back that one of the sex workers in the LISK case was originally from Blairton or Blairville, PA. Does anyone remember/know of this ? I've reported a guy to Suffolk Co. PD who I think is a really good suspect.
Thanks Much,
John

Last edited:
Hello. John here. I have been following the Gilgo/Jones Beach murders for some time now. Quick question here... I seem to recall reading somewhere a while back that one of the sex workers in the LISK case was originally from Blairton or Blairville, PA. Does anyone remember/know of this ? I've reported a guy to Suffolk Co. PD who I think is a really good suspect.
Thanks Much,
John
Thanks Much,
John

Oh, that was Molly Jean Dilts from Blairville, PA. Yeah, she was one of the Atlantic City prostitutes found in the ditch. They say those killings may be related to the LISK case...

Investigation Discovery, Acast To Launch Three New True Crime Podcasts – Deadline

Unraveled will launch in early 2021 and will be hosted by investigative journalists Billy Jensen (Murder Squad) and Alexis Linkletter (The First Degree). With a series of episodes dedicated to one captivating true crime topic, Unraveled will kick off with a seven-episode arc surrounding the Long Island Serial Killer. Since 2010, this unsolved mystery has become one of the most infamous cold cases in U.S. history, and the podcast takes a deep dive into new evidence and uncovers new revelations, rocking everything true crime aficionados thought they knew. Additional cases covered in Unraveled will be released at a later date.

Published November 10, 2020
Cops Withholding ID of Manorville Cold Case Victim

Seventeen years ago Tuesday a mushroom hunter reported finding in Manorville the remains of a murder victim who Suffolk County police say they’ve since identified, but whose name has not been released, the Press has learned.

The victim’s family asked authorities not to release the man’s name when he was identified in 2015, but the case remains an active homicide investigation, a Suffolk police spokeswoman recently told the Press. Experts say withholding a murder victim’s name is rare and will likely make it more difficult for detectives to find the killer.
---
The man’s body was discovered about three miles east of where Valerie Mack and Jessica Taylor were found dead less than a mile apart in 2000 and 2003, respectively, also in Manorville. While police put a name to Taylor’s mutilated remains relatively quickly, it wasn’t until this May — 20 years later — when Suffolk police announced they identified Mack.
---
At least a half a dozen bodies have been found in the Manorville area over the past 20 years.

The man whose name police are withholding was found five months after Taylor. His remains were uncovered in a wooded area about 300 yards south of the Long Island Expressway near Toppings Path and more than a mile west of exit 71. The mushroom picker who made the grim find waited 10 days before reporting it to police on Nov. 10, 2003 because he was scared, but ultimately made the call after having nightmares, the New York Post reported at the time.

“The body looked decomposed, like it had been there three or four months,” the hunter told the Post, which didn’t print his name because he feared for his safety. “I was terrified and I didn’t tell anyone except my wife.”

When the remains were first discovered, they were so decomposed that the gender was not immediately clear. A forensic anthropologist initially confirmed that the remains as that of a 35- to 50-year-old man “with no trauma done to the skeleton,” police said at the time, the North Shore Sun reported. He was described as a white man, five-feet, six-inches tall with brown hair.
---
Suffolk police declined to release any further updates on the case. But county investigators have acknowledged how important a name can be in getting justice for unidentified murder victims.

Link - Cops Withholding ID of Manorville Cold Case Victim

Edit to add: If it is not clear they are talking about 2003 Manorville John Doe found 4 month after Jesica Taylor's body. It was never released, only now, that he was identified 5 years ago, in 2015! Despite this being murder investigation his name is still witheld from public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back