Lori's Occupations

I am not sure the procedure for transferring posts, but thought this was important, from astrokitty, when I asked about dancing venues in Dallas : post 1256 in the long thread

Heavy money was at the lodge, who liked lanky, tall girls
Baby dolls, and the men's club and possibly Rick's.
income 800-2000 a night

I am not sure the procedure for transferring posts, but thought this was important, from astrokitty, when I asked about dancing venues in Dallas : post 1256 in the long thread

Heavy money was at the lodge, who liked lanky, tall girls
Baby dolls, and the men's club and possibly Rick's.
income 800-2000 a night

Here is the current link to the thread you mentioned. Since the old long thread is being separated out into the new format, I am not sure how long the link will work. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

The problem is, we don't know what city or states the clubs are located in. In that post Astrokitty (quoted below), she mentioned several cities and several clubs, but did not say which club was located in the various cities mentioned. Was the Lodge in Dallas or Vegas?
danced in the 90's in Dallas, Vegas, San Fran and Austin (as far as out west is concerned. ). The heavy money was at the Lodge. Anyone who made the list had to meet weight requirements and they definitely sided with the taller, lankier girls. I think BabyDolls was there then and definitely the mens club. I want to say Ricks Cabaret used to be there but I could be wrong. I know I'm right about the Lodge, Baby Dolls and Mens club -the Lodge was where the money and great clients were. Your avg night in 1996 take home (after house fees) ranged from 800 -2 grand. easy easy money. It rivaled Vegas at that time (you also have to have a license there) and NYC.

I'll answer a few and then have one for you AK! :)
Dental records are not known ( maybe Mr V has not gotten them from family yet). Dentals were not done at death. (DNA came from morgue samples)
Implants were done in 1991 - no serials as she was cremated. He did not say where they were done
Dancer info came from her ex/reference (vague)

Question:
Do you have any idea what clubs would have been in operation in the early to mid nineties in Dallas? I have no idea how to follow that lead, but it is worth a shot..

On the high-end, there's the Men's Club; others I remember: Million Dollar Saloon, Lipstick, Caligula XXI

This article talks about the many upscale gentlemen's clubs in the Dallas area. It begins discussing the scheduled grand opening of "The Lodge" (Article is dated April 1, 1996). Additional (early) clubs are mentioned as well.

I was going to try to find a club near one of LEK's known addresses but it sounds as if there were quite a few... especially if you include those not considered upscale.

"...the upscale topless joint was invented in Dallas 15 years ago. The Lodge-and The Men’s Club before it, and Cabaret Royale before it, and the Million Dollar Saloon before any of them..."

http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/1996/...bs_WHY_DALLAS_IS_THE_CAPITAL_CITY_OF_SEX.aspx

Hi all,

I had a look online (google/waybackbachine) and found an email address with the domain aneyefordetailconsulting.com that I read she had used. I had just been scanning through topics, so I can not recall if this was a company she owned or simply was affiliated with. Anyway, It lead me to a mystery shopping blog from a Texas woman who looks a little like her I think. Perhaps she knows here? I am probably way off base as like I say, I can not recall the significance of this email domain. But I thought I would post just in case!
http://allysgoodies.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi all,

I had a look online (google/waybackbachine) and found an email address with the domain aneyefordetailconsulting.com that I read she had used. I had just been scanning through topics, so I can not recall if this was a company she owned or simply was affiliated with. Anyway, It lead me to a mystery shopping blog from a Texas woman who looks a little like her I think. Perhaps she knows here? I am probably way off base as like I say, I can not recall the significance of this email domain. But I thought I would post just in case!

Hi Blued! Welcome! Interesting find. While the blog allysgoodies was not Lori's blog, she was mentioned on it in a post on that blog: http://allysgoodies.blogspot.com/2005/09/190-fine-wrinkling-study-carrollton.html Now I wonder if they knew each other.

She was using the login name of LoriKe on this forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb...ag=msleadslist&ctx=&cacheTag=20-13&msg=2652.1

I am trying to collect up some of the information about her mystery shopping business into this thread.

I found this old post in the original general discussion thread. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Posted by tatertot
I hope I am doing this correctly as far as using initials and such, but in the mid-aughts I did mystery shopping, the legitimate stuff where you don't pay to get a shopping assignment and you fill out your reports online. I found these mentions of LR's former company, AEFD, online:

On this blog from 2005, she's listed as a recruiter for AEFD, which appears to have been some type of mystery shopping company:

http://allysgoodies.blogspot.com/200...jury-duty.html

There's also a brief mention (again, from late 2004/early 2005) of AEFD on Volition.com, a site and messageboard for mystery shoppers/store merchandisers, and other independent contractor types:

http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?...eye,for,detail

AEFD apparently also recruited participants in paid medical research studies/clinical trials. Again, from 2005:

http://allysgoodies.blogspot.com/200...arrollton.html

And from 2008:

http://mysteryshoppersleuth.com/myst...-requirements/

Her business may likely have had no physical presence and existed mostly online, and she may have worked as a scheduler to connect and recruit potential mystery shoppers with the companies that needed a location shopped.

If anybody else has details of her mystery shopping business, please post it so we have all the information in one place.

The wayback machine archive shows some snapshots of her website from the 2004/2005. http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.aneyefordetailconsulting.com/

Aiken Standard, March 14th, 1990

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 150
Hi all,

Im about 99% sure that's her in the photo:
clenched jaw/teeth - curve at the end of nasal tip.

No, I don't believe she said she did, I believe an ex boyfriend said she did. There's also a gap in employment from the time she arrived in Dallas until she got her GED. She had to be doing something to get money between July of 88 and the Spring of 90. Very hard to get a job without a high school diploma let alone a GED. Not to mention she had a boob job which is something many dancers do to get better tips.

~ Where oh where is this xboyfriend? To me he would be key in finding out more about her.
The boob job sure does go along with dancing per sai, tho from her photos she doesn't look the type to really care (in her new role as a Ruff and mother)
Who was the Doctor? Has he heard about the case?:banghead:

~ Where oh where is this xboyfriend? To me he would be key in finding out more about her.
The boob job sure does go along with dancing per sai, tho from her photos she doesn't look the type to really care (in her new role as a Ruff and mother)
Who was the Doctor? Has he heard about the case?:banghead:

I know if it were me, and she was my ex, and an investigator told me she had stolen an identity and told me her assumed name.... I would for sure be out there googling and following. Maybe, one day, he will join us :)

Maybe, one day, he will join us ~~~~

that would be perfect MrsT.

The Fare (demolished in 2008) came up on my search for older strip clubs.

The Fare was located at 5030 Greenville and was 1.7 miles from LEK's Mockingbird address.

And, while it is not a strip club, Campisi's Egyptian Restaurant (5610 E Mockingbird Lane which is less than a mile from LEK) came up in the search results (regarding the owner and mafia ties). It's easy (for me) to get momentarily side-tracked into conspiracy theories. But, the Campisi history and the mysterious murder of Don Furrh (Million Dollar Saloon owner) are quite interesting.

http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/1989/12/01/LOW_PROFILE_The_Godfather_of_Greenville_Avenue.aspx

There's more about Campisi family online, but so far I've found no connection (but lots of possibilities?) to our LEKR. The Campisi's also had/have property at 6774 Mockingbird Lane... and I'm wondering about Florida/Cuba (cuban food) ties??

I've want to see her IRS work history. If there are gaps in that (under table work suggested) or if she did work at a club.

One of the numbers was to a temp agency, different work places, 1990 passport employment. I do not think she was the sort who wanted to hang out around water cooler.

I'm not sure which thread would be appropriate for this post, but it seems to me that she had some funds available to her at the beginning. Nobody has found any reference to her owning a car, except for Honda being a creditor in her '97 Bankruptcy. She didn't walk to Idaho (unless she was from there, which is the simplest explanation). She didn't walk from Idaho to Dallas. When she got to Dallas (no public transport to speak of, believe me) she had to use taxis or get a car (again, no record). She had to rent an apartment (which would demand a hefty deposit from someone with no rental or job history). She had to get utilities, telephone for that apartment (more deposits). She had to buy furniture (at least a bed and something to sit on). She had to buy dishes, flatware, pots, pans, towels, toilet paper. She had to buy clothes. I don't get the impression of somebody who is wandering around the country with a U-Haul. I get the impression of someone who is travelling light and fast. She had no job and jobs weren't that easy to come by in '88 (shortly after the oil bust). With no HS diploma, GED, or work history, even minimum wage jobs would be hard to find.

What did she live on and where did her "nest egg" come from.

It may be as simple as her saving money for a long time in preparation for changing her identity. On the other hand, maybe not.

I had a long drive today and did some 'free thinking' about this. Bear with me...I am Canadian.

1) Hypothetically, I want to disappear today. Leave my Prairies and go to Toronto? No....still too risky. Quebec maybe, because the language barrier creates a sort of border to familiarity/foreignness (maybe English is her 2nd language). Should I go to the States? Absolutely. Drive west, then south. "Go hard or go home."

2) She doesn't appear to be a waitress type (common job for young adult), nor does she appear to be a housekeeper. Nanny? Maybe. Personal assistant? Absolutely. Maybe she was an assistant to someone in the film/screen industry and had access to names/phone numbers/travel/skimming assets/letterheads/etc.

Gut instincts say that I hit the nail on the head.

3) "Failed Stockbroker"? For someone who can fabricate a whole new past, why not say "Successful Stockbroker"?

3) "Failed Stockbroker"? For someone who can fabricate a whole new past, why not say "Successful Stockbroker"?

Someone with a psychological bent would suggest that she actually had a father or someone who fathered her and the statement shows a great deal of resentment towards that place. She may or may not have known who the person was but the negative connotation suggests a resentment.

I had a long drive today and did some 'free thinking' about this. Bear with me...I am Canadian.

1) Hypothetically, I want to disappear today. Leave my Prairies and go to Toronto? No....still too risky. Quebec maybe, because the language barrier creates a sort of border to familiarity/foreignness (maybe English is her 2nd language). Should I go to the States? Absolutely. Drive west, then south. "Go hard or go home."

2) She doesn't appear to be a waitress type (common job for young adult), nor does she appear to be a housekeeper. Nanny? Maybe. Personal assistant? Absolutely. Maybe she was an assistant to someone in the film/screen industry and had access to names/phone numbers/travel/skimming assets/letterheads/etc.

Gut instincts say that I hit the nail on the head.

Re: failed stockbroker, That is the story she gave her in'laws to explain why she was so reticent about talking about her past. Personally, I think she made it up. Reasonable minds could differ.

There is no evidence that she was not Canadian. She had no discernible accent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back