MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had another thought regarding the clothing. Perhaps if Baby Doe had been wearing a top, it might have been removed before her body was left due to evidence. These days people are more aware of forensics and things and maybe the person getting rid of the body was wary of having their DNA on the top for whatever reason. Or the top might have indicated where she was from. If say it was a promotional top advertising a local business or from a children's attraction or whatever or if it was a handmade item that might have triggered somebody's memory more than generic children's clothing from Target. Perhaps the top would have identifiers that even in a panicked state of getting rid of her poor body they were "smart" enough to remove to make her harder to trace. Sorry that came out so jumbled.

Great idea!!^^^^^^or maybe she had vomited on it.I'd love to know if the garbage bag was intact or torn by rocks!I wonder if maybe this child had been a witness to something.....like her mother's murder?

Just had another thought regarding the clothing. Perhaps if Baby Doe had been wearing a top, it might have been removed before her body was left due to evidence. These days people are more aware of forensics and things and maybe the person getting rid of the body was wary of having their DNA on the top for whatever reason. Or the top might have indicated where she was from. If say it was a promotional top advertising a local business or from a children's attraction or whatever or if it was a handmade item that might have triggered somebody's memory more than generic children's clothing from Target. Perhaps the top would have identifiers that even in a panicked state of getting rid of her poor body they were "smart" enough to remove to make her harder to trace. Sorry that came out so jumbled.

:welcome6:

I just think this is way more simple then what's been brought up.
Sadly, I bet baby doe is from the area amd so is who ever placed her there.
Not everyone has family they keep in touch with or family at all.

We are all a bunch of compassionate people here who care so I think none of us can comprehend who would ever do something like this so we come up with any and all ideas that could explain this when its so much more simple.

I know me and my family just moved. I'm not in touch with my family and no one here knows me or my son. People don't always notice. I have a friend who hasn't even talked woth her mom in five years. She could of had two kids by now and her mother wouldn't know.

:welcome: from lurkdom Scarlett1127. You bring up some interesting ideas. Keep posting ;)

Which is LE's prerogative, but if they are depending upon someone to identify her from a computer-generated artist rendition, the answer is apparently NO, no one recognizes her. JMO If there ARE other articles of clothing, they could possibly get more assistance from the public, if that were divulged, in my opinion. JMO

BBM Sort of like the info released later about the pierced ears.

On another note, given the fact that no one has come forward with an ID, and that the forensic artist says she was in a rush to produce an image, it's my opinion that LE should get a "second opinion" from another forensic artist.

OOPs I meant to add: welcome Scarlett1127!

:welcome4:

Just out of curiosity, I did search on missing children from MA. There are 3 girls who would be in their late teens/early 20's now that could have a child our little princesses age. And they are of Hispanic descent. What other states should be checked? Anyone else doing the same?

I pray we hear some news regarding this poor little girl, the longer this continues it becomes less likely we find out just who she is.

Would her autopsy show what and perhaps where she last ate? Like if she ate McDonald's in the last 3 hours before death. Would LE share that information with the public?

I'm going to look at missing/ murdered women around the same time and area as well.

I really believe if we don't have an ID by the end of this summer, that something will come of it when school gets ready to start. I don't think she would be in Kindergarten yet, however, she may have attended a preschool and so possibly someone, will notice she isn't around anymore and the guardians are still in the area? At least we can hope.

Something I did wonder is, has LE said anything about security video? Wether it be, a mention of there simply being cameras in the area that were working? (possibly "hinting" that there could be footage?)
Surely this would be something they would mention to put heat on the perps? It seems different than a lot of investigations we have seen recently. Especially if they are needing help from the public to ID her. I think in this situation it is time to get a second mock up to see if the slight differences they can corn up with, may result in an ID.

I pray we hear some news regarding this poor little girl, the longer this continues it becomes less likely we find out just who she is.

Could be another reason to withhold information. As bits are released, interest is renewed and the news is shared again. For instance, when her image was updated to show pierced ears, her face was all over my Facebook again

I think along with others that the releasing of info is being done deliberately. But why? I also agree if this sketch was rushed as the artist said there needs to be another sketch done.

I wonder how they have come to the conclusion that Baby Doe is not 100% any of the leads that have been reported. Anyone else think maybe Baby Doe HAS been identified and either a) they are waiting for the perp to reveal themselves, or b) LE has seriously dropped the ball?

I personally think she may have a birthmark or scar somewhere not usually seen (so wouldn't help the public identify her) which has helped them quickly exclude other children. Or the other missing kids had identifying marks which baby doe does not have. They also checked on and located 20 girls who are safe, which is good.

Are actual post-mortem pictures ever released in an effort to ID a body? I know it would be disturbing and graphic, but I just can't help feeling that the image LE released is missing something. I saw an interview with John Walsh where he says he thinks the image is extremely close to what Little Princess looked like, so I'm assuming he has seen post-mortem pics, but I just can't understand why no one has come forward saying they recognize her based on the LE image.

Also, someone way up above had mentioned her possibly being the child of a local college student. This seems like a very good possibility. Perhaps a girl attending a college in the Boston area had a child that her family knew nothing about. She graduated from school in May or June and now has to go back to wherever she's from and can't risk her family finding out about the child so she gets rid of her? Grasping at straws, I know, but I'm just so desperate for answers. It bothers me tremendously that this little sweetie has no one. :(

Good suggestion Sassy, and welcome!

:Welcome1:

I think that by now, the autopsy has revealed quite a bit more than what has been released. Internally, there could be evidence of molestation or rape, or not. If so, perhaps LE is hoping that someone will come forward, thinking that natural cause is the conclusion, and rape has been discounted...so that they can tell a sad story of why she was placed there...but LE really DOES have the goods. OK maybe a wild idea, but that could be why LE is not divulging much. JMO

Here is information that was printed on July 4th/15 by the Boston News Time (link below).
Police believe the girl was only in the water for a short while, and say her body showed no signs of trauma.

She was wearing white leggings with black polka dots, size 4T, made by a brand called Circo that is sold at Target.

The little girl was wrapped in a fleece blanket with a zebra print on it manufactured by Cannon which is sold at Kmart.

http://www.bostonnewstime.com/regio...d-was-probably-killed-by-a-family-member.html

Which is LE's prerogative, but if they are depending upon someone to identify her from a computer-generated artist rendition, the answer is apparently NO, no one recognizes her. JMO If there ARE other articles of clothing, they could possibly get more assistance from the public, if that were divulged, in my opinion. JMO

Oh, I totally agree as well.
The more identifying items released to the public, the better the chances are of identifying this cutie pie.

Something I did wonder is, has LE said anything about security video? Wether it be, a mention of there simply being cameras in the area that were working? (possibly "hinting" that there could be footage?)
Surely this would be something they would mention to put heat on the perps? It seems different than a lot of investigations we have seen recently. Especially if they are needing help from the public to ID her. I think in this situation it is time to get a second mock up to see if the slight differences they can corn up with, may result in an ID.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/06/25/apparent-human-remains-found-deer-island/EEsj7gFuOy5eGeagBvlBaK/story.html
Snipped from the article:

Ria Convery, a spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority, which operates the sewage treatment plant on Deer Island, said cameras are focused on the main part of the plant, but not in the public access area. Security guards are on duty at all times and conduct “regular rounds around the whole island,” Convery said.

Not a quote from LE, but maybe it helps shed some light on the security there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa