Found Deceased MA - Meghan Marohn, 43, from NY, car found near Longcope Park, Lee, 28 Mar 2022 *Reward*

My opinion is that the seemingly careless method of parking the car points to someone other than Meghan operating the car - possibly an abductor quickly disposing of her vehicle in a location meant to mislead searchers. The information that she was being stalked is a vital clue to her fate.

If the school knows who was harassing her, hopefully LE is carefully interviewing that man and looking into his whereabouts at the time she disappeared? I mean, they must be, and I know they don't need to announce it publicly, but I sure do hope they are looking at him.
I'd like to know if he was in school that week teaching.

If not, we've got our perp.

So you think suicide or murder?

I can't believe she would be the type to park her car the way it was found (half blocking the entrance to the trail).

If she was being followed, pulling in to a car park is the worst thing ....she should've driven on to a more public place with people around.

Although I wonder if someone waited until she was out of of the car before driving in and following her in..?

It's be interesting to know if the man who was staling/harassing her was in work at school on those particular days she was staying at the Red Lion Inn?

I go back and forth on whether she was the type to commit suicide, but the fact is, we all are, when the problem gets too much, and we all have different coping levels.

She had approached her school superiors about the member of staff harassing her, yet nothing was done, except out her on leave, like she was the problem. I can imagine that made her feel hopeless, especially as she loved teaching. It would've felt like she was being punished.

So, I do think suicide is likely. But the way the car was parked still bothers me. I feel like she would've parked the car neatly beforehand. She was that type of person.

MOO.

For now self harm or accident.

I'd be shocked to find out this was a suicide. Too many things pointing to it not being a suicide. For one, she's close to her family yet didn't leave a note or anything? For another, she went to great lengths to leave behind a mystery which will only cause more torment for her loved ones.

I realize neither of those things exclude suicide, but it just doesn't seem likely to me. Everything we know about her suggests she's the type of person who, if she took her own life, would do so in a way that would bring closure to those she loved, not leave them in perpetual terror about the possibility that she's been taken or she's somewhere hurt and can't get help.
@BeginnerSleuther Yes I totally agree - she was a very thoughtful person who loved her friends and family deeply and I just do not see her mind/emotional state being in that place that day.
IMO she never intended to be there at the Loncope parking area in the first place. She was looking for the other Church St that happend to be closer to the Inn and it seems the desk clerk only knew of the Church St in Lee.
What we really need is camera footage but sadly I have not heard of any available iirc. I think the Red Lion Inn is maybe not that technologiaclly advanced. A camera in their lobby area and parking area's may be a start for the Inn. And maybe a camera at the trail head /the parking area of Longcope may be a good investment for Lee.
Thankful for the PI and LE for staying on this as it still feels like foul play to me. Might just be a random crime of opportunity - hopefully the married "stalker" has been totally ruled out by irrefutable info and not just by his families say so for instance. Supposedly he checked out "okay" - I would like him to check out better than just okay lol - solid eveidence he was not in her vicinity.

I think there could be a third option: intentional disappearing. I thought her choice of reading material was odd for a high school teacher/poet, a YA book. Unless she was teaching students who were language challenged or she expected a change in schedule, it doesn’t seem that she was preparing her curriculum.
So I wondered why that book? She is a writer, perhaps she wanted/needed time to focus on writing for publication.
I had hoped someone would know if her credit/debit accounts have been touched.
I know my theory is out there and, for the record, I am almost never correct in my sleuthing.

I think there could be a third option: intentional disappearing. I thought her choice of reading material was odd for a high school teacher/poet, a YA book. Unless she was teaching students who were language challenged or she expected a change in schedule, it doesn’t seem that she was preparing her curriculum.
So I wondered why that book? She is a writer, perhaps she wanted/needed time to focus on writing for publication.
I had hoped someone would know if her credit/debit accounts have been touched.
I know my theory is out there and, for the record, I am almost never correct in my sleuthing.
BBM

To be fair, I'm a former HS English teacher, and I read YA lit all the time. Firstly because there is a lot of really excellent YA lit out there, some of which rivals adult lit. It was just enjoyable to read. Secondly because even if it wasn't taught within my curriculum, most of what my students read for fun was YA lit and I enjoyed being able to talk to them about the books/recommend books to them.

I have, as well. I taught middle school and high school and have read YA fiction and non fiction. It was just a personal observation I guess. I would choose something else for my R and R.

Given the result of another case I've been following, I wonder, as I've wondered in the past many times, if she just wasn't located in that park area and surrounding area during initial searches. The case I'm referring to is the recent Kiely Rodni case where she, a 16 year old girl, and her vehicle disappeared from a very large teen/young adult party in the woods in the Tahoe/Truckee area of CA a few weeks ago. LE searched the water next to the wooded area many times inc divers and sonar and didn't find her. Then over the weekend, Adventures With Purpose brought in their divers and more advanced sonar equipment, and located her inside her vehicle only about 50' from the shoreline, 14' below the surface, near where the party took place. People are human, cadaver dogs aren't perfect. It has never been stated if the same area has been searched more than once by experts. I know friends and family searched the park, and the surrounding area is residential and very, very dense, but a second search this winter when vegetation dies back might be in order.

I just don't see her disappearing intentionally. With what funds? And not alerting a few close family members that she's fine but needs to get away for awhile?

From the daily mail article - bolded and slanted by me 'It was suspect how her car was parked. It was pulled directly into trailhead blocking the entrance,' he said. '
This is a new interesting piece of info IMO. So, it would seem to me like she pulled into the Longcope parking area in a hurry, somewhat distracted and not paying attention to where she was parking. She pulled forward too far and blocked the entrance to the trail. Was she looking over her shoulder at a car behind her, as she was parking? Did she park that way on purpose sensing danger so that her car would be noticed? DId she pull into that area because she thought she may be being followed and hoped the car behind her would travel on by ? And if a car had pulled in - did she grab her bag with her things and head out to the street hoping a car would come by - that she could flag down for help? So many questions. I am so glad they have a PI working this case. May she be found soon.
That was actually mentioned very early on (but reports about her have been so sparse, it's been easy to miss all of them). It was never clear early on if she parked at a weird angle or blocked the trailhead. I always wondered if she just casually pulled in there thinking, "This isn't the Church Street I asked directions to - I'm not seeing x, y or z that I set out to visit" and that then maybe she got out of the car and walked around a bit for awhile and then something happened to her right there, or she asked directions from a passerby.

What if she were chased/followed by her coworker while looking for Church St.?
She may have pulled into the parking lot haphazardly looking for help.
Confrontation/overtaking of MM ensues.
He diposes of her?
It’s a strange spot to stop with so many other choices in
Lee, and of course the choice not to stop. It’s strange that she walked across the street onto what is obviously private property. Is there something there like an old cemetery or ruins of a farmhouse with historic significance? Why do that when there was a public trail right in front of her? I can tell you the woods are thick now, it would be impossible to find her until fall.

Lee, and of course the choice not to stop. It’s strange that she walked across the street onto what is obviously private property. Is there something there like an old cemetery or ruins of a farmhouse with historic significance? Why do that when there was a public trail right in front of her? I can tell you the woods are thick now, it would be impossible to find her until fall.
No one really knows if she did cross the street, though. Her phone last pinged on the other side of the street, but from what I've read about cell phone pings, esp in mountainous regions, they can be inaccurate up to 1/2 mile! Unless authorities have more data than they've told the public, they've always referred to it as a last ping, not a last GPS signal like you'd get from an app that tracks you more accurately. As far as I know (I'm local) there is nothing across the street she'd want to see. It's rural, houses are set far back off the street, lots of woods and farmland. The only thing in the area related to Longcope Park is the house itself initially owned by the person who donated the Longcope property, that is now an Air BnB type of place, and that's north of the park but not an easy walk from the park through private land. You'd want to drive around the corner to see it. The "Jacob's Tanglewood Ranch" in my screenshot here is the building I'm referring to.

1661206614351.png

She was looking for the historic cemetery, wasn't she? I wonder if she went that way looking for that, thinking since it was old etc. it might not be that visible?

She was looking for the historic cemetery, wasn't she? I wonder if she went that way looking for that, thinking since it was old etc. it might not be that visible?
All we've ever read on official sites is that she asked for directions to a "Church Street." Nothing has ever been confirmed that the Norman Rockwell or American Indian cemetery were her actual intended destinations, sadly. She asked the Red Lion desk person directions to a Church Street and that woman was only aware of the one in Lee, where her car ended up, not the one right in town near the Red Lion Inn.

All we've ever read on official sites is that she asked for directions to a "Church Street." Nothing has ever been confirmed that the Norman Rockwell or American Indian cemetery were her actual intended destinations, sadly. She asked the Red Lion desk person directions to a Church Street and that woman was only aware of the one in Lee, where her car ended up, not the one right in town near the Red Lion Inn.

I phrased that poorly. I know it's not confirmed. I'm wondering whether, if she did intend to visit the historic cemetery on Church Street in Stockbridge, and didn't yet realize she had been directed to the wrong place, she might have gone across the street to look for the cemetery when she didn't find it near the parking lot. They did search on that side, but I don't know how thoroughly.

46 Acres
That is a very large heavily forested preserve where her car was found.
I wonder how how much of it has been searched? Perhaps a grid search extending several acres from the trailhead in every direction within the preserve is needed?

My gut feeling is that she is in the preserve. Hypothermia alone could have impacted her that day even if she didn't walk that far into the woods.

Summer will be coming to an end there soon & it is a very overgrown terrain off the main short trail. I wonder if there is a SAR group that might take it on?
JMO

46 Acres
That is a very large heavily forested preserve where her car was found.
I wonder how how much of it has been searched? Perhaps a grid search extending several acres from the trailhead in every direction within the preserve is needed?

My gut feeling is that she is in the preserve. Hypothermia alone could have impacted her that day even if she didn't walk that far into the woods.

Summer will be coming to an end there soon & it is a very overgrown terrain off the main short trail. I wonder if there is a SAR group that might take it on?
JMO

I tend to agree with you.

I'm not familiar with that particular park, but I have hiked in other nearby areas and one thing I remember is that they're all more rugged and difficult than they first appear. There are rocks, crevasses, downed trees, raw granite ledges and tumbled jumbled glacial moraines with trees growing between the boulders. Granite is slippery when wet, and it was a wet day. It would have been easy for her to slip and injure herself.

Meghan’s family members tell CBS 6, an FBI’s Behavior Analysis team is now assisting with the investigation; information family members say comes from the Lee Police Department.

Lee Police Chief Craig DeSantis wouldn’t comment on the FBIs involvement as the case is on going, but did say they are working with all public safety partners.

Chief DeSantis said they are still conducting searches for Marohn and they’ve expanded their search beyond the original area.

Peter Naple, Meghan’s oldest brother says the *** page he created to help generate awareness is still active. The money supports the Berkshire Search and Rescue volunteer team.

“We’re being hopeful and realistic at the same time. It’s been 5 months; I mean at this point if she is still alive," Naple told Reporter Emma Quinn on the phone. "Hopefully, she has amnesia or something and someone’s looking after her. The other scenario is grim, and you don’t want to think about it too much.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back