Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to read is the post from Barnaby that someone quoted on page one of this thread that said "Skin and hair that have been certainly frozen". Where is the thread that says this. I must have missed it, have the test results determined this. Thanks. Rhett.

Thanks for that link and quote, Thoughtfox. It really does make clear significance of cadaverine being picked up by the dogs.

I love this quote from "In Cold Blog":
The McCann's should add a caveat to Maddy's flyer that says, "We know SOMEONE saw SOMETHING that night, cuz Lord knows we WEREN'T paying any attention!!"

and I totally agree with this statement:
By the way, I still think it's suspicious that the McCann's now say they were "listening". When thye were allegedly offered radios by the hotel that would allow them to hear into the room, they allegedly refused them. Why? For parents who were "listening" you'd think that the radio device offered by the hotel would be a godsend. They'd never have to leave the table and could "listen" from quite a distance.

If ALL you were going to do is "listen" - like O'Brien (I believe) was doing... no that was the Paines... you would THINK the McCann's would have done the same... :doh:

What I want to read is the post from Barnaby that someone quoted on page one of this thread that said "Skin and hair that have been certainly frozen". Where is the thread that says this. I must have missed it, have the test results determined this. Thanks. Rhett.

Thanks for the clue - I did a search and came up with this translation of one of the Portuguese newspapers - I'm sure colomom has it up in the sticky thread somewhere, too:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=19152189

DNA in travel suitcase

According to British newspaper 'News of the World', a suitcase was sent to the forensic lab in Birmingham, two weeks ago, for DNA testing. The newspaper writes that a man found the suspicious white suitcase close to Faro airport, and delivered it to the PJ. The results of the tests confirm the presence of bodily fluids and hair that "could belong to Maddie". Inside the suitcase, according to the newspaper, were a pair of jeans that were covered in residues (skin and hair that have been "certainly frozen", a shower curtain, a child's t-shirt, a case for pens, and a flannel bedsheet.

The McCann couple was informed that the suitcase was found, and now says this new piece of evidence reinforces the abduction theory they always defended. A friend of the couple stated that probably the abductor changed the child's clothes before he took her out of the country using the airport. The McCanns have been appearing with new data, which is almost always confirmed to be negative.

But some British reports used the word "congealed" instead of "frozen."
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/0311_maddie.shtml

That could be a translation problem.

Agreed, the word sounds like it could go either way as in a translation.

Where's Murat when we need him? :truce:

Thanks for the clue - I did a search and came up with this translation of one of the Portuguese newspapers - I'm sure colomom has it up in the sticky thread somewhere, too:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=19152189

But some British reports used the word "congealed" instead of "frozen."
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/0311_maddie.shtml

That could be a translation problem.

Here is the translation of the Correio da Manha article:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1777307&postcount=144

Link Please.
Calikid I seem to have missed this. Is it a fact? If so did it happen before or after Madeleine went missing?

It happened after Madeleine's disappearance, and the information, while not verified from anyone in LE, appeared all over the forums. I also thought I saw it in Gerry's blog but I couldn't find it.

There were several discussions about a refrigerator on the Mirror Forum before it was hacked at the end of July.

Since I can't find links, I guess I should've said, "It's been alleged that Gerry complained about a broken refrigerator and carted off the old one."

It happened after Madeleine's disappearance, and the information, while not verified from anyone in LE, appeared all over the forums. I also thought I saw it in Gerry's blog but I couldn't find it.

There were several discussions about a refrigerator on the Mirror Forum before it was hacked at the end of July.

Since I can't find links, I guess I should've said, "It's been alleged that Gerry complained about a broken refrigerator and carted off the old one."
Thanks for the reply CaliKid.

My recall is that he did complain about the apt. fridge but got no satisfaction and that it remained in 5A.

Mom convicted of killing 4-year-old Queens girl in 1990

Seventeen years after 4-year-old Jennifer Shafiq was killed, a jury on Wednesday convicted the Queens girl's mother of the brutal murder.
Khairual Abdul, 43, was found guilty of depraved indifference murder by a jury in Suffolk County Court in Riverhead following a six-week trial. Deliberations began on Tuesday.
Her estranged husband, Parmjit Singh, 48, also has been charged in the child's death and will be tried at a later date, said a spokesman for Suffolk District Attorney Thomas Spota. Each spouse has blamed the other in the little girl's death.
Authorities say the parents were living in Queens in 1990 when Jennifer was beaten to death and then buried in a shallow grave in Manorville, about 70 miles from Manhattan.
The little girl was found wearing a sleeveless dress and a T-shirt with the slogan, "My Heart Belongs to Grandma."
Jennifer's remains were discovered in 1996 by a hiker walking through the woods near the far eastern edge of the Long Island Expressway, but the parents -- who had moved to Sacramento, Calif., before eventually splitting up -- weren't arrested until March 2006.

If the refrigerator story has been verified its big news. How the heck did Gerry take it to the dump? He didn't have a rented car then. And moving a refrigerator is a big job. I don't think he could tie it to the top of a car let alone lift it.
And the refrig belonged to the apartments. Why would they let a resident dispose of a refrigerator without permission? Or, give permission?

I've mentioned before that the case is like several others -- Chandra Levy 's body found a year later--strong suspect but not enough evidence to be charged. Same with Natalee Holloway--never found, strong suspects, can't charge them. And JonBenet-- they found the body but could never charge the suspects.

This maybe the case with Maddie--not found, strong suspects, not enough evidence to charge. I think there's someone else who was never found but I can't recall who. But three are three too many.

I posted this on the picture thread as well:

Bosnian Mystery Solved

Maddie-TeaDedic.jpg

London Daily Mail Story

This story is not about Madeleine, but just an example HOW it can happen!

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7361025&nav=menu44_2

Nothing was wrong with Damien. He had just cut his first tooth and was healthy and happy. That is why his death September 26 at Sunny Daze Daycare in Springfield was so hard to understand.

But the toxicology report revealed Damien had been given Ambien, a prescription adult sleep aid. Ruth Ann Jarvis, a family friend who took care of Damien at her licensed daycare, was arrested and charged in his death.

more at link...

ETA: Strange name for a daycare...Sunny "Daze". What?? Do they keep the kids dazed?

“They regret very much that they were not with Madeleine when she was taken, and are doing everything in their power to find her.”
Again, tiptoes around the issue. Not they regret the choice to leave the kids unattended, no regret that they could have stopped this.

NO ONE was with Madeliene or the twins, that is why they should be punished, imo.

I hope this get thrown out of court. Not that I think what the McCanns did is right but the crime happened in another country - the laws of the UK do not apply. We must respect other countries laws - whether we agree or not.
Also if this lawsuit goes through it should also include the names of all the Tapas nine group - they all did the same thing. JMHO

Oh brother, this lawsuit is idiotic to say the least. There is NO law against leaving any child alone at any age in the UK. This money needs to be spent CHANGING THE LAWS... not to beat a dead horse.

Any parent who leaves a small child(ren) alone is a loser, but the laws in the UK make it okay to be a loser. Change the law so the next poor baby with loser parents doesn't suffer.

McCanns didn't break any laws leaving their babies alone, they just proved they are terrible parents.

http://www.swarb.co.uk/acts/1933CaYPAct.shtml
Children and Young Persons Act 1933 c 12
Cruelty to persons under sixteen
1.--

• (1) If any person who has attained the age of sixteen years and has the custody, charge, or care of any child or young person under that age wilfully assaults, ill-treats, neglects, abandons, or exposes him, or causes or procures him to be assaulted, ill-treated, neglected, abandoned, or exposed, in a manner likely to cause him unnecessary suffering or injury to health (including injury to or loss of sight hearing, or limb, or organ of the body, and any mental derangement), that person shall be guilty of a misdemeanour, and shall be liable--
    • (a) on conviction on indictment, to a fine not exceeding one hundred pounds, or alternatively ... or in addition thereto, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding two years;

This is really out of the blue, isn't it? It almost seems inevitable, though, that eventually they'd have to face this issue.

Rino: Thanks for that information.

So the key difference between the McCanns and the rest of the Tapas Nine group is that nothing happened to their kids, but something happened to Maddie while she was left alone.

In the U.S., leaving a child alone would be a crime in itself, but I guess in this case it isn't a crime unless neglect can be proven. Since Maddie was the only child taken, then that is the only provable case of neglect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea