Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #23

Discussion in 'Malaysia Airline Disasters' started by gregjrichards, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huckleberryhound

huckleberryhound Member

Does the voice on recording really say "Malaysian 370" The name of airline is Malaysia, isn't it. This would be a easy mistake for a random person to make, but surely the captain , who would be identifying himself many times a day as he is flying, and has worked for Malaysia airlines for many years, would not use the wrong name.

2. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

3. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Well-Known Member

4. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Well-Known Member

Thank you for your post

I am more confident that the plane is somewhere in the vast uncharted waters of the area they are searching now..unfortunately that area is also extremely deep

I believe that the towed pinger locator did pick up the signals of the underwater locator beacons...

NO debris is one of the biggest mysterious regarding this disappearance

5. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

6. Intermezzo

I don't see any thing amiss with saying Malaysian 370..he was referring to themselves/the flight/the airline..

IE..Alaska Airlines..a sign off would be Alaskan ___

In the recording I hear, and it is difficult to make out at times, that they all used the word Malaysian..the ATC, and the Pilot

7. Tiepos

Tiepos New Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but they don’t yet know exactly when the ACARS stopped working/was turned off, right?

They know it made a transmission at 1:07am, and they know it didn’t make the next expected transmission at 1:37am, but they don’t know if it was turned off, or if stopped working due to mechanical failure.

I thought it was the same thing with the transponder - they say it was “turned off”, but they don’t actually know yet, if I’m not mistaken.

I don’t think they’ll actually know until they have the FDR.

I know what you mean though, because it’s so bizarre that the whole thing really comes down to what happened in those two minutes.

8. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

and..............your freaking me out with :

2-Singapore saying they found debris on very recent satellite images. Over 120 pieces of debris on surface of water. Not too far from Austrailia search area. This needs checked out immediately. Why dont we hear more about this type of stuff. Do they just ignore these reports.
    STATUS = outstanding

<modsnip>

9. Intermezzo

The 2 mins has to do with the final sign off with KL ATC and the time Vietnam tried contacting MH370..this is the 2 mins inwhich the airplane deviated from its course and the transponder was turned off.

1:19am final communication between KL ATC who told them to sign in with HoChiMinh ATC and the sqwuak number followed by a pilot saying Goodnight Malaysian 370

AT 1:21am Vietnam ATC tried contacting MH370 because it failed to sign in with them and they noticed it was no longer on civilian radar

ACARS last transmission was at 1:07am..it was supposed to communicate again at 1:37 but did not

I too understand what ElleElle was saying...in those 2 minutes the plane disappeared from civilian radar, no one was able to see it or communicate with the aircraft, the plane deviated from its scheduled flight path and headed westward flying back over Malaysia.
    But Instead of continuing it in that direction over Indonesia the plane then headed north west and then turned southward...bypassing Indonesia airspace...

10. Archangel7

Archangel7 Verified Law Enforcement

It was the appropriate call sign for Malaysian Airline System
    Alaska Airlines is Alaska xxx
    British Airways is Speed bird xxx
    American West airlines is Cactus xxx

for example.

11. Inobu

Inobu New Member

The plane was taken off course, the tracking system was disabled. The co-pilot stated no indication of emergency in his sign off.

Being that ATC would not have seen his eyes winking the only recourse would be to verbalize some sort of hint.

Its really perplexing that everyone is overlooking the fact that the plane was hijacked.

12. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

13. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

From reading transcripts it is interesting how the cockpit switches from using MAS370 over to Malaysian 370. The ATC just repeats so the actual change to begin using Malaysian is done by cockpit. Hmmmmm

14. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

Have you tried the ones on the link Momoffour provided?
    They are in MP3 format, maybe they will work for you?

15. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."

16. Intermezzo

IMO
    We are not overlooking on this thread but we have been instructed to post theories on what happened to MH370 the Theory Thread not this one

I don't know if its a fact the plane was hijacked but I can entertain that theory

17. Intermezzo

18. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-01/malaysia-airlines-mh370-preliminary-report-released/5424888

BBM

Awww ... understandable, but .... but ... 5 pages is all we get :sigh:

"The equivalent preliminary report on Air France 447 was 128 pages long. That report by, produced by France's aviation safety agency just one month after the plane went missing in 2009, offered specific details on communication between various air traffic control centers."

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/...-Before-Search-For-Plane-Began-257491011.html

19. CARIIS

OH I dont know that math ---I will delete post but if your good at it trying to figure out how big the batteries were! How much did they weigh each? The interesting part of the batteries is that it concretly outlines misinformation- going from some fruit, to some small Lithium batteries, to..............................

20. CARIIS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.