Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morag

Morag Well-Known Member

True. But if you have a child missing, it is more important to look for and find her than to preserve evidence for a potential future arrest or prosecution.

Shadow@light, dotr, neesaki and 3 others like this.

2. tresir2012

tresir2012 Thanks to NHS, EMS, Police, Military.♡

Agree. But it can be a problem. In the Delphi, Indiana case, the search for two teens had hundreds of searchers ( the Superintendent of LE has recently said 1000 searchers) compromise the scene as it was a double murder case in the end.

dotr, neesaki, MsBetsy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified Law Enforcement England

There is a fine line to be taken between the two and a balanced approach to be made and it is down to the S IO in charge of the investigation to make this decision and document it.

dotr, neesaki and Lilibet like this.
  4. Chiatos

Chiatos Well-Known Member

Could you place a link to that French statement? If not allowed by WS, could you send it to me? Thanks in advance!

dotr and cocomisty like this.
  5. MrJames

MrJames Active Member

Within the month N has gone missing then been found dead having died in tragic circumstances. The news media appear to have gone quiet for the time being in my personal opinion. What is happening with this case and where is it going?

Shadow@light, dotr, neesaki and 4 others like this.
  6. Ruthbullock

Ruthbullock Well-Known Member

My assumption is ATM, it has been accepted as a tragic accident, unless something else is discovered.

7. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think we will here much news until the final autopsy report is complete.
    At that point it will depend on whether or not there is evidence of a crime.
    If not, I would hope they make some sort of statement indicating the status of the investigation, and whether it not they are going to close the case.
    Just because we have not heard anything does not mean they are no longer investigating. Imo

dotr, PhoebeTries, cocomisty and 5 others like this.
  8. Crazy Mama

Crazy Mama Well-Known Member

I don’t have more than a few hours a day without thinking of what Nora went through and how confused and abandoned she must have felt. In her mind she would have thought that her mother knew where she was. Sometimes I wonder if she fell down a hole or similar and got stuck for a few days. So many questions. That family have suffered so much. imagine, her kids will never be able to say “Mom, I’m starving”
    Or “Mom, I don’t like this dinner” without feeling guilt. It is just so dreadful, I really cannot fathom how they will move forward.

Noseyjosie, dotr, Lyndaloo and 11 others like this.
  9. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

RBBM

Oh my goodness... I hadn't even thought about this. It's made me feel really, really sad; you know at some point they're going to say it without thinking :( Poor family. Poor Nora :( Honestly I hope the lack of updates is simply because they've accepted the results of the PM or possibly had another one done which confirms the findings of the first and they've laid her to rest and that's that, as awful as it sounds. :( I haven't even been able to walk my dog in the woods without thinking of Nora.

Crazy Mama, dotr, Lyndaloo and 10 others like this.
  10. cocomisty

cocomisty Well-Known Member

Article from today ~

Her clothes have still not been found. The Irish and French police have said they are satisfied with the work of the local pathology.

Police chief Yusop said: “There is no request from Ireland to do a second post-mortem. In fact, the liaison police officer from France was “very’ satisfied with the pathologist’s work.”

The family of a 15-year-old Nora prepare to bring her home

dotr, Looloo, Lyndaloo and 13 others like this.
  11. bronbaby

bronbaby Well-Known Member

I wonder what about the British

dotr and crhedBngr like this.
  12. Ruthbullock

Don’t think it has much to do with them as she was travelling on an Irish passport (mums side) and dad is french- both had representatives at the post-mortem.

13. bronbaby

ah right, thank you, just as they reside in London and Meabh is permitted dual nationality, I thought they may avail of assistance from the British.

dotr likes this.
  14. Ruthbullock

Her dual nationality will be Irish and french I would think, as that’s the nationality of her parents, also based on the fact french and Irish consulates were involved in various news articles.
    Nora Quoirin: parents of missing girl thank Malaysian search teams Refers to them here as Irish french nationality

dotr, bronbaby, crhedBngr and 2 others like this.
  15. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching & Waiting

I agree that it’s citizenship that makes the difference, not where you live. In the case of Jenny Chen, missing in Mexico, even though she was living in Seattle, married to an American and had a green card (permanent resident), the U.S. government wouldn’t get involved because she was a Chinese citizen. The Chinese government and her husband tried, but she has never been found. So in Nora’s case, the protocol would be that the Irish and French governments were her advocates, not the British.
    Mexico - Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

dotr, bronbaby, crhedBngr and 4 others like this.
  16. MrJames

MrJames Active Member

17. bronbaby

the dual Nationality i was referring to was the mother's. thank you for clarifying :)

dotr likes this.
  18. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Not that it matters particularly, but just because I find it interesting.

Maebh is from Belfast.

Nationality and citizenship
    Northern Ireland is part of the UK. However, under the Belfast Agreement, people born in Northern Ireland can choose to be British citizens, Irish citizens or both.

HayLouise, bronbaby, dotr and 5 others like this.
  19. Chiatos

Chiatos Well-Known Member

So the family is still in Malaysia.
    And the clothes are still missing.

Shadow@light, dotr, neesaki and 2 others like this.
  20. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

the clothes are missing,but the family and Nora are home.

bronbaby, dotr, Alyce and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.