Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding the logic of why the parents would be fighting for this inquest etc if they had anything to hide.

I just dont see it myself.

JMO

Agreed. I've never thought they had anything to do with it whatsoever.
I think it's unfair to focus on them to be honest.
The whole situation was just very strange and unfortunate but they are victims.

Last edited:
Since at the hearing there has been no mention of footsteps found etc, I assume that the person who did find footsteps at the bamboo site has not given his witness account?
His find was waived away by police (if I understood well).

At the hearing it has been said that all gates had been locked for the night but as far as we know no mention yet of the spot where you can walk around the fence. Perhaps it will be mentioned later on? That's where the foot steps were found.

The front door knob and bathroom lock and knob are very similar to ones we had in a previous house and I've had visiting children not be able to operate any of them. So does that mean the open window was easier to get out of? Did she need the toilet and the door was unopenable to her?

The toilet door wouldn't be locked from the outside though. Do you mean the children weren't able to open the unlocked door?

They surmised she went out the window because the door was still locked when the family woke up to find Nora missing?
I cannot remember but I recently saw a report saying it was unlocked from inside but I'm not sure where I saw it or how reputable was the source. Somebody else will know better than I. Good to see you!

Did we know this?

Wak Rukman also disclosed that luminol – a form of chemical substance used to detect the presence of blood – had detected blood droplets in the bathroom of the villa. ‘But whose blood it belonged to I am not at liberty to say,’ he said referring the court to the crime scene team leader for more detail on this

Eight fingerprints found on window and bloodstains found in bathroom, Nora Quirin's inquest hears
That’s interesting because in the video that I commented about last night there was a lot of talk from the daughter of the hotel owner and the judge about the positioning of toilets as there were two. Although there are very logical reasons why blood may be in the bathroom.

Last edited:
From Ruth's link above

SEREMBAN, Sept 4 — The inquest into the death of Irish-French teenager Nora Anne Quoirin at the Seremban Coroner’s Court has been adjourned to September 14, after a two-week hearing.

Coroner Maimoonah Aid, in making the postponement today, decided that two witnesses would be called to testify at the hearing on September 14.

Fourteen of the 64 witnesses lined up for the inquest have testified at the hearing since it began on August 24
Strange

My theory on the postponement is that Noras parents want to fly out and testify, and when the inquest date was first arranged perhaps this wasn’t possible due to restrictions, but it now is.
I hope they will be able to testify

So I have watched the video 24th August and pulled out what I could understand. I could infer more, but have tried so hard not to. Here are my notes:
Introduction video : 5 questions who, when, where and what manner, also is anyone criminally responsible for death.
24th August: Policeman first ( couldn't gleam anything there)
Hanimam (daughter of owners of Dusun as witness)
Looked at Sora house photos and discussed partially in english.
3.30 talk about photos being different/confusing
3:38 show pictures of floorplan of sora and link to photos in evidence
3:38:40 family were having bbq on open balcony, went and complained lock was broke. judge says its an open concept villa.
5.42.30 asked when last time you checked windows months, weeks before? answer not in english- she answers later on that she can't remember.
5.44 the lock was broken, but lots of people had slept in the house
then discussed shower- only one, but two toilets ( floor plan still being shown)
glass sliding door on master bedroom
mother of witness spoke to Noras parents. Witness spoke to father to get passport and spoke to mother whilst father went to police station.
No CCTV on site
Witness has been involved 10 years in resort ( since beginning)
That night all gates to resort were locked.
Autogate ( main entrance) all staff, family and a taxi driver have a remote for it ( it was locked the following day) Taxi driver only really k for them, only person they call for taxis. Hes a private taxi guy but does a lot of work for Dusun.
Ei02i photo of rear gate by Sora house- it was also locked that night.
1st 10 acres of resort are fully fenced, second area of plantation not fenced - its in planning they cant fence it in (thats the are where Sora house is)
Back to window latch, they tried to replace it, but couldnt so no latch. No other guests had complained.
6.02.23 6 months before something someone size of elephant had been seen passing Sora house_ i struggled to understand this bit.
6.04 photos of witnesses mercedes car are shown- Nora lawyer implies other cars couldnt be identified. Judge slowly goes through approx 10 photos, most she confirmed were her car with child seat in, about 4 she couldnt confirm.
6.10.20 the doors and wondows of the buildings in the resort are salvaged and recycled from other buildings as part of eco promise. bathrooms have a lock where you pres to lock/ turn to open and it clicks. What about the sliding door, can you hear it? no, i would have to guess.
questions about lights- there are lights on all the pathways, houses are also lit, no light away from the pathways.
Talking about stairs and nature- the concept is the houses are open to the views and you feel the fresh air. No air con, enjoy the humid views. No TV, its an eco resort with no air con.
questioned by noras lawyer- is that what your adverts show? yes we are as clear as possible especially with people who book an open plan villa. ( Booking.com must be the site used as she refers to their adverts on their) It states clearly and is 1st in the FAQs. We have 12 acres and 20 guests, no service during your stay.
Asked of any incidents of theft etc- one of phone, but it was 6 months after stay and he threatedned to give a bad review if they didnt get him a new phone, they ignored him, no review.
Asked about the front door
It’s a door knob where you press to lock turn to open could easily be opened by a young child. Very narrow staircase 1 person at a time and no good if you are tall- as a female adult she can’t stand up
I've re-read your summary, thanks for sharing;
What animals have the size of a (pigmey?) elephant in Malaysia? Besides elephants of course.

The opening in the fence behind the Sora is big enough for a (pigmey) elephant to pass through.

MOD NOTE:

At this time, there has been no indication from LE that the family of this child had any involvement in her death, and implying that they did, or flat out stating your opinion that they are responsible for it, is a violation of Websleuths’ TOS. Such posts, and replies that quote those posts, will be removed. Continuing to make posts that violate the TOS puts one at risk of losing posting privileges on Websleuths. PLEASE CONSIDER THE RULES WHEN YOU POST. There are countless forums on the internet where anything goes, and you can say whatever you please. Websleuths IS NOT one of those places.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly in accordance with the TOS which everyone agreed to when they joined this forum.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

I'm not understanding the logic of why the parents would be fighting for this inquest etc if they had anything to hide.

I just dont see it myself.

JMO

Agree they have nothing to hide but this would not be the first case where parents say their child "would absolutely not be capable of/ would not do".

But we, as parents have a lot to discover about our children, especially when in different circumstances. We don't know how they will react.

I live in the tropics, often had to check on my kids when we were staying in remote areas. Twice found a scorpion in mosquito nets on night time checks.

We always sleep one adult plus kids in one room and vice versa in the other.

Nevertheless, we have had sleepwalking from one boy after a flight from SA to Europe. If I hadn't been in room with him goodness knows what might have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80