Mariah Carey’s Disaster Performance on New Year’s Eve 2017

Hopefully, that'll be the last time we hear from her for awhile!!...lol

Lol.

I wanted a holiday too. Im only worth 100 million.

Lol.

Rich people problems at its finest.

I turned tv on to watch last minutes of ball dropping and was in time for her performance. She looked a little "wooden" and more interested in adjusting her hair/clothing. I watched her sing her 1st song and couldn't believe it...her lips did not match singing. Is Times Square really not live singing? Honestly I thought it was! So when "Emotions" came on...I really think she missed her beat to mouth words (not a technical problem...a performer error!) and could not find her entrance into the songs again...plus everyone now knew it wasn't live! But most of the crowd didn'y care! She just couldn't really move or sing. Even that leg lift was awkward!!

I turned tv on to watch last minutes of ball dropping and was in time for her performance. She looked a little "wooden" and more interested in adjusting her hair/clothing. I watched her sing her 1st song and couldn't believe it...her lips did not match singing. Is Times Square really not live singing? Honestly I thought it was! So when "Emotions" came on...I really think she missed her beat to mouth words (not a technical problem...a performer error!) and could not find her entrance into the songs again...plus everyone now knew it wasn't live! But most of the crowd didn'y care! She just couldn't really move or sing. Even that leg lift was awkward!!

Agree. Let the song play and just dance with your dancers while the crowd sings the song for you.

Everyone in the crowd was probably drunk. So they didn't care as long as you are on stage.

MC music not really my cup of tea, so after getting over the cringe factor realized that this " pom-pomance" was actually more entertaining!
The show will get more media coverage and audience engagement than it would have otherwise, imo.
Reminded of NW's character in " Gypsy " when she first strutted the stage!

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/16931/Gypsy-Original-Trailer-.html

I hate to pile on, but after Mariah's narcissistic, show-ruining behavior on American Idol a few years back, this Times Square non-performance confirms my impression of her...all about Mariah! Can she even sing anymore? I had to cover my ears during parts of Auld Lang Syne...terrible even if it was lip synced. With her diva reputation, I have to wonder if the sound people sabotaged her...and I wouldn't blame them, although I'm sure they are too professional to succumb to spite.

Anyway, the tweets were priceless. My favorite...

"Mariah Carey's singing career the final victim of 2016."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mariah-carey-times-square-new-years-eve-performance-fail/

My favorite..."I tried to sing along with Mariah Carey but even Mariah Carey couldn't sing along"!

Just... plain rude !
People might not have minded a glitch or two if she'd kept dancing and got it together for the next song.

She's a professional and needs to act like one.

If people paid for that-- they should be reimbursed !
:moo:

She reminded me of me up there and that's not good!

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

I saw her earlier interview with Ryan Seacrest (about 10:30?). I also thought she looked wooden, and maybe stoned or drunk ... she didn't make much sense. But I hope not, 'cause I am pretty sure I saw her little ones there with her.

If she wanted to spend the holiday not performing, she could have said "no."

So I have no sympathy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was having fun watching the CNN folks - particularly Don Lemon getting his ear pierced after knocking back who knows how many tequilas in New Orleans with Brook Baldwin propping him up... Imo - best place to be on NYE, live music and dancing in the streets!.

Then switched to ABC at 11:45 for the big ball drop and, Wow... a million sardines packed into Times Square and then boom, bam, splash!

Here's my favorite tweet, "-don't need to watch the ball drop anymore Mariah Carey already dropped it.."

That was painfully unfortunate.

Isn't one of the lead dancers her boyfriend?
I think the dancers did a great job.

If you have twitter and want some entertainment, just type her name into the search. The comments are hysterical. My favorite (and it seems it's pretty popular with a lot of others as well)

[video=twitter;815423854164246529]https://twitter.com/toddycst/status/815423854164246529[/video]

I just have two words for Mariah Carey: Sober Up.Get off the booze or the drugs or whatever it is, or you'll never live to see 2018.

She/they seriously did not know what time the ball would drop? Also, look at thes pics and vids of her. This woman has a problem:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ake-sure-isn-t-late-Times-Square-NYE-gig.html

Apparently it was Mariah Carey who "Dropped The Ball" On New Years Eve in Times Square, LOL

If she wanted to spend the holiday not performing, she could have said "no."

So I have no sympathy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree. She act like she was forced to make a million for the night.

Because her 8 figures just isn't enough to live off these days.

Lol.

She's so unprofessional it's pathetic. She could have just done something spoken-word over the song if she couldn't hear or find her place. But instead, she crashed and burned... :facepalm: She needs to get it together...

Oh welp.

Once she mentioned that she needed holiday time too. That pretty much said it all about her mental state.

Because times Square isn't packed on new years eve to see Mariah.

They would have been partying just the same if Honey Booboo was up there singing kiddie songs. Lol

But seriously. Maybe MC should wake up and realize that she has kids and it's time to exit the limelight and be a mom.

Jmo

The producer's take on the sound issues....

The producer, Robert Goldstein of Maryland Sound International, a company that has worked on the Times Square event for years, said in an email that there had been no malfunctions with the sound equipment he oversaw.

“Every monitor and in-ear device worked perfectly,” Mr. Goldstein said. “ I can’t comment beyond that and don’t know what her nontechnical issue may have been.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/01/arts/music/mariah-carey-new-years-eve-times-square.html

The producer's take on the sound issues....

The producer, Robert Goldstein of Maryland Sound International, a company that has worked on the Times Square event for years, said in an email that there had been no malfunctions with the sound equipment he oversaw.

“Every monitor and in-ear device worked perfectly,” Mr. Goldstein said. “ I can’t comment beyond that and don’t know what her nontechnical issue may have been.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/01/arts/music/mariah-carey-new-years-eve-times-square.html

This has never made sense to me. The notion that she could not hear. Of course she could - everyone in that area could!!

WHy not just pick up the lead vocals and go with it. Cant be she did not know the lyrics. I have never understood why they plug their ears??

Anyone know why?

When I first saw it , before she came down the steps and their was a real high run already on - if she did perfect instantly knew she had a background track.

I think she might have been xanexed speculation only - cause her performance of that old lang deal was pretty nothing and void .

She is def a huge auto tune user!!!

I have no idea why this story grabbed me -- but I checked some stuff out .

She has a tremendous history in YT with the exact same stuff and is truly snooty.

-Again again checked her out on YT today.

A true word starting with B.

On one apparently the back up vocalist was doing something (?) no idea and she turns around on stage and sings "Quit singing my parts"!! She sang That line!!

OT:

Years ago Taylor Dane was at a club here. Watched the sound check she was obnoxious to her back up folks.

She knew there were about 40 of us there watching

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back