Marie G.: Mother of Crystal S.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify. Not sure if we are allowed to link to the interview to Crystal's father's mother in law that said they did not do any searches in spite of the mission and goods sold at jacked up prices.

Also, my understanding is the HaLeighbug centre closed many months ago, in spite of it being said it would be open 24/7 until HaLeigh was found iirc, which I don't think was ever the case, jmo. Never believed it would be open for long, or that they would stay fairly close by. No way imo

Her statement makes no sense imo. How is the search for HaLeigh almost a full time job for her family? Is she now drawing a salary?

Thank you for answering. I have not seen the article and am afraid I have no idea who Crystal's father's mother in law is, but I believe that they did not search. I remember reading in the news at least twice that they had planned searches and LE asked them not to search. :(

I don't think she meant it as a full time job, but I am sure it feels as though it is, every day hoping and praying that Haleigh will return, and worrying about what she may have went through and/or is still going through has got to be hard on Haleigh's family. :(

Let me clarify. Not sure if we are allowed to link to the interview to Crystal's father's mother in law that said they did not do any searches in spite of the mission and goods sold at jacked up prices.

Also, my understanding is the HaLeighbug centre closed many months ago, in spite of it being said it would be open 24/7 until HaLeigh was found iirc, which I don't think was ever the case, jmo. Never believed it would be open for long, or that they would stay fairly close by. No way imo

Her statement makes no sense imo. How is the search for HaLeigh almost a full time job for her family? Is she now drawing a salary?

The last statement of your posts is so hateful to someone who has had a child missing. I know what it feels like and your words in your post cut to the bone. It doesn't go away until they are found and continues even longer than you might even realize. Who cares about jacked up prices, geez...Haleigh is missing. It's not a bitter battle...

The last statement of your posts is so hateful to someone who has had a child missing. I know what it feels like and your words in your post cut to the bone. It doesn't go away until they are found and continues even longer than you might even realize. Who cares about jacked up prices, geez...Haleigh is missing. It's not a bitter battle...

I find it sad that you have to resort to calling people "hateful" who disagree with you. There was nothing hateful in what Flossie wrote, but your reply was quite nasty. It might be time for you to take a break from here if you can't disagree with posters without hurling offensive insults their way. I have never seen Flossie call anyone names like hateful, and think it's sad that posters here resort to name calling and insulting other posters that have different opinions to their own.

And, I agree with Flossie...Marie making the comment that it's become a "full time job" makes me highly suspicious she is trying/wanting to draw a salary for this. I do hope you restrain yourself, respect others opinions and don't resort to name calling.

I want to say that I hope to God that some of you never have a loved one go missing. Every thing this family says is put under a microscope and is picked apart and some of it has nothing to do with finding Haleigh. I find some of these posts offensive and hurtful and hateful too. I thought some family members were not suspects anymore, but yet we keep seeing these posts that have nothing to do with finding Haleigh. JMO feel free to delete. Oh by the way, there are great tools in the stickies to help sleuth this case if anyone is still sleuthing.

I find it sad that you have to resort to calling people "hateful" who disagree with you. There was nothing hateful in what Flossie wrote, but your reply was quite nasty. It might be time for you to take a break from here if you can't disagree with posters without hurling offensive insults their way. I have never seen Flossie call anyone names like hateful, and think it's sad that posters here resort to name calling and insulting other posters that have different opinions to their own.

And, I agree with Flossie...Marie making the comment that it's become a "full time job" makes me highly suspicious she is trying/wanting to draw a salary for this. I do hope you restrain yourself, respect others opinions and don't resort to name calling.

People were never called hateful, only posts. Please read carefully. I would say the inference in Flossie's post was vile under the circumstances.

People were never called hateful, only posts. Please read carefully. I would say the inference in Flossie's post was vile under the circumstances.
I must have missed something. What was the vile inference? :waitasec:

bbm, jmo, I don't

Her comment was bizarre at best given what we now know :(

What do we now know that makes what Marie stated bizarre? IMHO ..Not one thing...

But..IMHO.. IF any of the Cummings were there, I find that most hypocritical, on their part, considering what has been revealed as of late and we now know..JMO

Thanks bunny. Do you know what steps would need to be taken to find out the funds raised, and if a salary is being drawn?

I want to say that I hope to God that some of you never have a loved one go missing. Every thing this family says is put under a microscope and is picked apart and some of it has nothing to do with finding Haleigh. I find some of these posts offensive and hurtful and hateful too. I thought some family members were not suspects anymore, but yet we keep seeing these posts that have nothing to do with finding Haleigh. JMO feel free to delete. Oh by the way, there are great tools in the stickies to help sleuth this case if anyone is still sleuthing.
Bern, :clap:
I have lost a child and it is hard for me to read some of the things that are posted here inregards to personal feelings being expressed about all of these individuals. No matter what anybody thinks these people do not deserve our waspish personal opinions that attack these individuals character. It has not been productive in sleuth efforts and many have stopped posting here because of it. I love this place and hope everyday that we all can come together and find HaLeigh. :blowkiss:

The original Haleighbug Center most likely closed because they couldn't afford to keep it running. No doubt they would've kept it open there had they had the funds. Money is really tight for just about everyone these days, as I'm sure you're aware. Relocating the center to their own property was more practical.

I imagine she means it's a full time job wondering and worrying about what happened to her granddaughter. Haleigh's disappearance has turned their whole lives upside down, and understandably so.

As for the salary, I highly doubt Marie receives or expects any money for herself due to Haleigh being gone. She earns her money the old fashioned way, by working. ;)

I believe the center was not closed, they relocated the HaLeighbut center to Baker county, closer to Crystal's home.

Bern, :clap:
I have lost a child and it is hard for me to read some of the things that are posted here inregards to personal feelings being expressed about all of these individuals. No matter what anybody thinks these people do not deserve our waspish personal opinions that attack these individuals character. It has not been productive in sleuth efforts and many have stopped posting here because of it. I love this place and hope everyday that we all can come together and find HaLeigh. :blowkiss:
I'm so sorry about your loss, texasmommy. God bless you.:rose:

Haleigh's Mother Closes Info Center

5-Year-Old Girl Disappeared 4 Months Ago This Week

POSTED: Tuesday, June 9, 2009
UPDATED: 9:52 am EDT June 9, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The mother of Haleigh Cummings has closed the small building she hoped would be a headquarters for clues to help find the missing 5-year-old.
According to an attorney helping her, Crystal Sheffield closed the "Haleighbug Center" in Satsuma because of a medical issue. Kim Picazio said most of the information coming to Sheffield recently were rumors and gossip.

Here is an article, hope this keeps the truth in perspective. According to the article in the actionjax news, it was closed March 20,2009.

Um. No it doesn't.

So it's bad for Marie to make a full time job of it.....and it's bad for Crystal to NOT make a full time job of it....?????????????????????

Crystal and her family may have opened the center on March 20, but it wasn't closed on that day...

5-Year-Old Girl Disappeared 4 Months Ago This Week

POSTED: Tuesday, June 9, 2009
UPDATED: 9:52 am EDT June 9, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The mother of Haleigh Cummings has closed the small building she hoped would be a headquarters for clues to help find the missing 5-year-old.
According to an attorney helping her, Crystal Sheffield closed the "Haleighbug Center" in Satsuma because of a medical issue. Kim Picazio said most of the information coming to Sheffield recently were rumors and gossip.

Here is an article, hope this keeps the truth in perspective. Here is the copied/pasted page to the link.

Jun 09, 2009
Week March 20, 2009: Mother's Attorney Releases Photo Of Haleigh With Cuts, Bruises March 19, 2009: Amid Abuse Claims, Father Of Missing Girl Hires Attorney March 18, 2009: Cummings Family Responds
Topic: News

http://www.news4jax.com/search/form.html?qt=family photos cummings family&p=2&relevance

Not sure what you mean?

I mean it's either or isn't it? It can't be both.........reminds me kinda of the cake and eat it too thing. In one breath it's bad for Marie to make the statement "it's a full time job", because some see it as her wanting to make money. But in the next breath.....it's terrible of Crystal to have shut the Haleigh Bug center down, where I'm sure people we making donations. If they were wanting to make money...........and it was coming in hand over fist as some have suggested, why close it? If Crystal's health wouldn't allow her to stay there, don't you think they would have found someone else to do it?

Yes and since they are the president and vice How about a accounting of where the money goes that is donated. I don't see anywhere or any links that show they have used it for HALEIGH? That tells me alot that they have done no searches or added to the Reward. Where is the money going is my ? JMO

Yes and since they are the president and vice How about a accounting of where the money goes that is donated. I don't see anywhere or any links that show they have used it for HALEIGH? That tells me alot that they have done no searches or added to the Reward. Where is the money going is my ? JMO

I agree, let's make both sides show us where the money went. That is an excellent idea. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbosquez