ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here that was on the Kelsey Berreth case?

Remember when Patrick his family bashed Kelsey, saying she was unstable, an alcoholic, was in rehab before, was a drug addict, it wasn't the first time she went away, etc etc.

Remember it was Kelsey's Mom and brother who found Kelsey's blood in her condo in certain spots along with other suspicious things, to which LE completely missed during their first investigation of her condo?

Kelsey had allegedly made a comment of wanting to shoot herself, to which Patrick took away her gun, when they were arguing over finances.

Has Anneliese's car and home been checked for blood, DNA, prints, etc?

Who's feelings are we afraid to hurt by wanting this investigation to be more thorough?

There are other cases on here to which similar was said about a victim and sadly, they were a victim of foul play instead.

Take a look at Heidi Broussard case- so many people thought her boyfriend did it, for me, I didn't think so because things weren't adding up for him to do it- turns out, it was her best friend.

Why isn't Anneliese getting this same attention?
I think it would make all the difference in the world if Anneliese's family took a different tack. I tend to follow their lead since I assume they know much more than me. If they were putting up posters, hiring a PI or working the press to call attention to her disappearance, I'd feel much differently. I did not closely follow the cases you cited - how did the family react throughout the process? By the way, I'm not blaming the family for their inaction - I'm just reacting to what they do and trying to guess what they might know.

The woman is missing. There is no evidence of suicide. She could just as easily have been abducted and murdered. There WAS a psychopath running around the area.

The probability of an abduction, on the highway however, is extremely unlikely given the amount of traffic and potential observers. It would also be extremely coincidental for her to have visited RT with heavy emotions, drive from Richmond to Portland and turn around, only to pull over, between exits in Falmouth, and be met by a bad actor there.

Anyone here that was on the Kelsey Berreth case?

Remember when Patrick and his family bashed Kelsey, saying she was unstable, an alcoholic, was in rehab before, was a drug addict, it wasn't the first time she went away, etc etc.

Remember it was Kelsey's Mom and brother who found Kelsey's blood in her condo in certain spots along with other suspicious things, to which LE completely missed during their first investigation of her condo?

Kelsey had allegedly made a comment of wanting to shoot herself, to which Patrick took away her gun, when they were arguing over finances.

Has Anneliese's car and home been checked for blood, DNA, prints, etc?

Who's feelings are we afraid to hurt by wanting this investigation to be more thorough?

There are other cases on here to which similar was said about a victim and sadly, they were a victim of foul play instead.

Take a look at Heidi Broussard case- so many people thought her boyfriend did it, for me, I didn't think so because things weren't adding up for him to do it- turns out, it was her best friend.

Why isn't Anneliese getting this same attention?
I agree with you so much about all of your points in your posts, and I have the same questions. I do know that Anneliese’s car wasn’t “processed” by the PD. Her parents picked up the car and that was that. Which destroys any evidence that could have been in the car. It wasn’t fingerprinted or anything like that. Her phone and purse were in the car as we know, and picked up as well by her parents. The phone was later turned over to the PD. So many things were done wrong by law enforcement that can’t be undone. It’s heartbreaking.

Sorry, what does DBM stand for?
It means "deleted by me." Once you post something on here, you cannot undo the post in other way except to highlight it, press delete and then something must be typed in place of it. Always been a weird issue on WS. So "dbm" or "oops"..or just writing "double post" is what many of us do when we want to erase a post or if the site has double posted our message (which it seems to be doing a lot lately).

It means "deleted by me." Once you post something on here, you cannot undo the post in other way except to highlight it, press delete and then something must be typed in place of it. Always been a weird issue on WS. So "dbm" or "oops"..or just writing "double post" is what many of us do when we want to erase a post or if the site has double posted our message (which it seems to be doing a lot lately).

Thanks, @zecats !

According to her family, she was in the best place mentally that she had been in years.

As a person who's been battling depression most of my life--it's scary how fast you can fall out of that good place into the depths of hopelessness. And a lot of times when I do, I spend a lot of time being cheery and upbeat with my family hoping that if I don't look, there won't be a big black monster following me around.

Again, I'm not saying she did or didn't, just that her apparent attitude might not have matched what was going on inside. There's no way to know.

As a person who's been battling depression most of my life--it's scary how fast you can fall out of that good place into the depths of hopelessness. And a lot of times when I do, I spend a lot of time being cheery and upbeat with my family hoping that if I don't look, there won't be a big black monster following me around.

Again, I'm not saying she did or didn't, just that her apparent attitude might not have matched what was going on inside. There's no way to know.
This is true. You’re absolutely right. I just pray that wasn’t the case with Anneliese

I think it would make all the difference in the world if Anneliese's family took a different tack. I tend to follow their lead since I assume they know much more than me. If they were putting up posters, hiring a PI or working the press to call attention to her disappearance, I'd feel much differently. I did not closely follow the cases you cited - how did the family react throughout the process? By the way, I'm not blaming the family for their inaction - I'm just reacting to what they do and trying to guess what they might know.

It was a very different case but Kelsey's family would not rest until they found what happened to her. They did not settle for "missing" and assume she killed herself.

The probability of an abduction, on the highway however, is extremely unlikely given the amount of traffic and potential observers. It would also be extremely coincidental for her to have visited RT with heavy emotions, drive from Richmond to Portland and turn around, only to pull over, between exits in Falmouth, and be met by a bad actor there.

Without phone records and pings having been released, we don't know that she was in Portland.

We don't know when the car was left on the freeway.

Without a detailed description, I'm dubious about the alleged sighting of her by the tow truck driver.

As for bad actors, that could mean someone she knew or didn't know.

I'm under the impression that her car not processed which is mind blowing to me.

Without phone records and pings having been released, we don't know that she was in Portland.

We don't know when the car was left on the freeway.

Without a detailed description, I'm dubious about the alleged sighting of her by the tow truck driver.

As for bad actors, that could mean someone she knew or didn't know.

I'm under the impression that her car not processed which is mind blowing to me.
All of this. Thank you.

How did it get decided that LE was going to look for a woman who committed suicide? I'd like some clarification on that.

We're missing details that are usually given in cases like this- last person who physically saw and talked to her is one detail.

Car wasn't processed at all? Wow.

If Anneliese had been reported missing before her car was found, how likely is it that the car would have been processed in that scenario?

I don't know. That's a good question. I guess they would have at least checked it over? But if there wasn't something obviously wrong, like visible blood, they might not have done much.

The reality is that most small cities get a couple thousand missing persons reports a year, and nearly all of them are solved within days when the person comes home or makes contact. The number of cases like Anneliese's where she seems to have disappeared are rare--but you can't tell ahead of time which cases will turn out to be suspicious. Very few LE agencies have the resources to investigate every case that comes in just on the chance it will be the one that turns out to be a crime.

Agreed - and the start of the holiday season, when she disappeared, can bring on a whole new level of depression for many.

You are absolutely right. I totally agree with you in that often people who battle depression may be feeling really good one moment & the next, get side swiped by the negative effects of depression. Then there are people who have depression and have gotten really good at making it seem as they have their life together & are feeling great, to only be hurting inside. It’s hard to know how Anneliese was feeling around the time she went missing or how she perceived her reality at that time.

Her sister and parents have put up missing signs all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther