ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought...you have limited tows allowed per year on your AAA membership. If she shared her plan or already used all her tows for the year, this could be why she didn't request the tow through AAA. If she had been dealing with car trouble frequently or this happened a lot, she might have been "used" to this happening and just started to take care of it on her own, thinking she'd be right back to the car and her belongings.

Staying hopeful for her safe return!

We have AAA and just upgraded to 100 mile towing. I didn't know that about limited tows and have to look into it! We've already it twice since the upgrade.

The license. Good post by Edpet I think. Why would that be missing? An imposter LE officer asked to see it? A souvenir or piece of information for an abductor? Or a way to ID the body kept on person by a considerate suicide victim?
Another day and no body found - allows me to maintain a sliver of optimism.

SBM, emphasis mine

Both of those remote possibilities have crossed my mind but I didn't want to say it.

I think her calling for the tow was another bit of the misinformation her dad mentioned. I think the timeline between LE initially spotting it, forward, is clear. TTD sighting seems questionable.

If her intent was to jump, why not park close enough to avoid being seen walking?

LE isn't releasing cell records, so for all we know the vehicle was there much earlier.

I'd really like to know the way her things were in the vehicle. If the wallet was laid open, I'd be more inclined to look at LE or an imposter, and I'm usually last to jump to there.

(snipped by CB)

The battery. I love cars as much as the next person but am mechanically challenged. I consider filling the gas tank to be a major repair. I've had plenty of cars that won't start but never had a car stop running in use as a result of a bad battery. I thought the alternator kept it going but again am over my head on the subject of repairs.

You are correct about the alternator, and a bad alternator would cause the battery to die while you're driving. The alternator uses the car's momentum to put charge back in the battery (not a scientific explanation :D ) and if it's not doing that, the engine will drain the battery.

Kind of a moot point since they said the car was in working order, though.

Search continues for missing Maine mother of 2, last seen over a week ago | Boston.com
“Police are also asking the public to reach out if they were traveling between Exits 9 and 10 northbound on I-295 the Tuesday morning Heinig went missing, especially if their vehicles have a dashcam.”

Whe all know there was a sighting of her walking away from the vehicle ( supposedly TTD ) But with the wording above I feel like they are looking for confirmation that it was actually her.

Things are slowing to a trickle here, I hope there's some positive news this weekend.
....and I know LE are looking for Rte 295 travelers that had a dashcam. I guess I'm a bit out of touch - what's the benefit of having a dashcam?

We are getting tons and tons of rain here today in the Portland/Falmouth area. The rivers and swollen and there are flood warnings and watches for much of southern Maine. I am not sure that anyone is out searching today.

Things are slowing to a trickle here, I hope there's some positive news this weekend.
....and I know LE are looking for Rte 295 travelers that had a dashcam. I guess I'm a bit out of touch - what's the benefit of having a dashcam?
Benefits of having a dashcam in general or dashcam footage from when AH disappeared?

If the former, I've had a dashcam since 2014 and feel naked if driving without one - it provides a record of any accident or someone hitting you, etc

If the latter, I think they're relatively sure about which direction she was walking and only other thing I could think of would be if a dashcam captured anyone else or another car. Although maybe it would be to simply possibly identify if the person walking was actually AH or someone else.

I don't have one, but I have read about benefits such as providing evidence in the event of an accident (say the other driver is at fault and they tell the police you blew through a red light - the dashcam would prove that wrong). I've also seen people who have said they fought certain kind of speeding/traffic violations in court via their personal dashcam footage

“Police are also asking the public to reach out if they were traveling between Exits 9 and 10 northbound on I-295 the Tuesday morning Heinig went missing, especially if their vehicles have a dashcam.”

The paragraph above has a lot of detail we were looking for.
#1 It tells us she was heading south on the north bound lane.

#2 They are not 100% sure it was her.

#3 Sightings are minimal or contradicting.

#4 They need to know if she made it south of that bridge.

#5 They didn’t ask between such and such time so they don’t know when her car was parked.

Silence of media, the mothers plea to only contact her or LE with information. No big searches by family and friends makes me feel like other Scenarios are definitely get looked at.

The paragraph above has a lot of detail we were looking for.
#1 It tells us she was heading south on the north bound lane.

#2 They are not 100% sure it was her.

#3 Sightings are minimal or contradicting.

#4 They need to know if she made it south of that bridge.

#5 They didn’t ask between such and such time so they don’t know when her car was parked.

Silence of media, the mothers plea to only contact her or LE with information. No big searches by family and friends makes me feel like other Scenarios are definitely get looked at.
I keep asking myself all of these questions, over and over again.

To the point where I've literally been dreaming of Anneliese the last two nights. This is really bothering me.

I keep asking myself all of these questions, over and over again.

To the point where I've literally been dreaming of Anneliese the last two nights. This is really bothering me.

I agree, Steels, especially since we live relatively close to the area. Annaliese’s disappearance is unsettling, to say the least.

It would be easy to drain the battery if the car had run out of gas. You can keep trying to start it..the engine should turn over almost starting then stall out. I left my auto in gear the other day. I kept trying to start it drained the battery pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?