GUILTY ME - Nichole Cable, 15, Glenburn, 12 May 2013

This is kind of driving me nuts, but in the affidavit it says something about her clothing being thrown out? I didn't quite understand the details - whether the girlfriend did that? Why was she not in her clothing? I'm not buying his story at ALL.

I don't believe it either. If he found her dead in the back of the truck (yeah, right) why would he undress her before he panicked and hid the body?

Hi, I'm new: here, long-time lurker, first time poster :}
I've been following this tragic story when I first saw her missing announcement on FB, and it just makes me sick to think this precious child saw HIS nasty mug before he killed her.
And now I'm reading that he had this planned out for a while. This poor girl deserved so much more than that.
And her poor parents, I just hope that they have an incredibly strong support system to lean on.

:welcome5:

I want to know how the convo went with the gf. "Hey, I pretended to be some guy (that may or may not be your ex) and lured this 15 year old girl (that I may or may not have been hitting on) out of her house. I kidnapped her thinking that I could then rescue her and win your undying love but oops, that tape I put over her mouth & nose kinda cut off her breathing and ya know... Oh, before I forget, it was really hot and I thought she would be more comfortable without her clothes so being the sweet dude that I am I took her clothes off and threw them out too."

There is just no way to spin that convo that shouldn't have sent the gf running straight for her parents and LE. This country is doomed if this is the state of the next generation's morals.

ETA: Before I get called on it, this post is MOO and there is no media link to back up my imaginary conversation.

I don't believe it either. If he found her dead in the back of the truck (yeah, right) why would he undress her before he panicked and hid the body?

I think when it comes out (likely not until the trial) that Nichole was raped, we will know why her cloths were removed.

JMO

I think when it comes out (likely not until the trial) that Nichole was raped, we will know why her cloths were removed.

JMO

I imagine that you are spot on. Hopefully they can still prove it but I worry that so much evidence was destroyed before she was found. I can't come up with another reason why her clothes would have been removed. It likely wasn't to delay identification since he hid the body and thought he had framed BB anyway.

I want to know how the convo went with the gf. "Hey, I pretended to be some guy (that may or may not be your ex) and lured this 15 year old girl (that I may or may not have been hitting on) out of her house. I kidnapped her thinking that I could then rescue her and win your undying love but oops, that tape I put over her mouth & nose kinda cut off her breathing and ya know... Oh, before I forget, it was really hot and I thought she would be more comfortable without her clothes so being the sweet dude that I am I took her clothes off and threw them out too."

There is just no way to spin that convo that shouldn't have sent the gf running straight for her parents and LE. This country is doomed if this is the state of the next generation's morals.

Exactly. Like, WHAT?! And the gf accepted that story and didn't say ANYTHING until LE approached HER? If my bf was all, "hey, sooo uh, you know that girl theyve been searching for? I killed her but it was totally an accident. I was doing the totally normal thing guys do... You know, pretending to be someone else on the Internet, luring a young girl from her house, hiding in the woods with a ski mask, killed her, dumped her body. Yeah. Normal everyday stuff." I'd be outta there faster than fast and beating down the doors at the police station.

Exactly. Like, WHAT?! And the gf accepted that story and didn't say ANYTHING until LE approached HER? If my bf was all, "hey, sooo uh, you know that girl theyve been searching for? I killed her but it was totally an accident. I was doing the totally normal thing guys do... You know, pretending to be someone else on the Internet, luring a young girl from her house, hiding in the woods with a ski mask, killed her, dumped her body. Yeah. Normal everyday stuff." I'd be outta there faster than fast and beating down the doors at the police station.

Would you not be freaking terrified that if he killed one girl there was nothing to stop him from killing you if he got upset with you? I wouldn't feel safe until I told LE everything I knew and saw him behind bars.

Nichole-Cable-obit-pic0001-600x850.jpg

She was so pretty and had her entire life in front of her. She should be planning her lazy summer days and looking forward to college in just a few years. One monster masquerading as a friend should not have been able to take all that away from her.

I really hope that everybody involved in this pays for their part in what has been taken from Nichole. She deserved better from her peers. I'm still sickened that other teens keep this horrible secret instead of helping to bring Nichole home much quicker.

10034061_H10555759-600x337.jpg

Deputy Attorney William Stokes said shortly before Dube was indicted that the medical examiner had ruled Cable’s death a homicide. He said exactly how the girl died could not be determined until tests are completed by the Maine State Police Crime Lab.

If convicted of murder, Dube faces between 25 years and life in prison.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/29/news/bangor/death-of-15-year-old-nichole-cable-was-kidnapping-gone-wrong-affidavit-says/

I wish he had a black eye, busted lip, scratched up face, SOMETHING to show that Nichole put up a fight... Poor girl probably figured she had nothing to fear from him and had no idea what was in store... :(

I wish he had a black eye, busted lip, scratched up face, SOMETHING to show that Nichole put up a fight... Poor girl probably figured she had nothing to fear from him and had no idea what was in store... :(

He was a coward that, by his own account, attacked a much smaller girl without warning. I wish Nichole could have left her mark on him but I feel pretty confident that he won't escape prison unscathed. I bet that smirk is wiped off his face long before he stands trial for his crimes.

How desperate do you have to be to not go running to the police about what Dube said about Nichole. Is it that important to have a boyfriend, even a BAD boyfriend? It makes no sense at all. The brother has no excuse either. Why was nobody mortified and concerned about what Nichole's family was going through. Have we heard from Dube's other family members in the media?

Since when is it not a crime to withhold evidence in an abduction/murder investigation of a child? When are Dube's brother and girlfriend going to be arrested?
Dube's girlfriend knew where Nichole's corpse had been dumped.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-up-killing-15-yr.-old-maine-girl-police-say/
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...lice-Man-staged-kidnap-that-killed-Maine-girl

From your first link:
Dube's attorney, Stephen Smith, did not immediately return a phone call left at his office Wednesday evening. He had argued for the affidavit to be withheld, citing threats against Dube in jail ...

Aww, isn't that just tragic? He was bad enough to murder a 15 year old child but now he needs protected from his new roomies? Welcome to jail Kyle, you earned your spot and everything that comes with it!

I want to know why the gf & brother haven't been charged too. I said this in a PM but this situation feels a lot like the Diane Zamora & David Graham case to me. Kyle is evil but he shouldn't be the only one held responsible here, IMO.

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/u...-girl-dies-court/story-fndir2ev-1226653656121

Dube told his brother that he "intended to kidnap Nichole and hide her; that he would later find her and be the hero",

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/u...rt/story-fndir2ev-1226653656121#ixzz2UkEr0UZw

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this. Did he think it was going to stop him from going to jail if he looked like a hero? The only positive from that article is that his girlfriend and brother co-operated with police. I hope he doesn't try to argue a lesser charge because he is saying that his intent wasn't to kill.

that is well and truly stupid.

(jmo)

that is well and truly stupid.

(jmo)

It's curious that he seems to be leaving out the step between finding her dead and covering her body with branches. When were her clothes removed and why? If he jumped out of the woods, grabbed her, bound her and tossed her in the back of the truck then discovered she was dead upon checking on her are we to believe that she walked to the end of the driveway naked or that while bound she removed her clothes but didn't free her mouth and nose so she could breathe?

It's curious that he seems to be leaving out the step between finding her dead and covering her body with branches. When were her clothes removed and why? If he jumped out of the woods, grabbed her, bound her and tossed her in the back of the truck then discovered she was dead upon checking on her are we to believe that she walked to the end of the driveway naked or that while bound she removed her clothes but didn't free her mouth and nose so she could breathe?

Sure, makes as much sense as the rest of his story....:facepalm:

The ME should have the test results back soon and the cause and manner of her death can then be positively established. I think that report should give us a more clear understanding of why she was naked and why Kyle threw her clothes out the window on his way to the girlfriend's house that night.

Until then, my theory is Kyle is a dumb kid who invented a very weak cover story on the ride from the burial site to the girlfriends house and is about to learn the concept of the weight of evidence in a homicide investigation. The girlfriend may have initially bought his story, but an experienced team of homicide investigators, not likely.

The ME should have the test results back soon and the cause and manner of her death can then be positively established. I think that report should give us a more clear understanding of why she was naked and why Kyle threw her clothes out the window on his way to the girlfriend's house that night.

Until then, my theory is Kyle is a dumb kid who invented a very weak cover story on the ride from the burial site to the girlfriends house and is about to learn the concept of the weight of evidence in a homicide investigation. The girlfriend may have initially bought his story, but an experienced team of homicide investigators, not likely.

I dread seeing the release of that info because I'm afraid that Nichole suffered a great deal before her death and I would prefer that not be true. His story is likely a complete fabrication but an accidental death is much easier to accept than hearing that she was abused or tortured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back