Meet & Greet for New Members #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have been wanting to get involved in Sleuthing, seeking, and solving for several years. I am finally in a position to make that happen! I am a 40 something small business owner, a fiber artist and Former Political Science major focused in Civil Justice. I spend most of my time obsessing over true crime and cold cases while I work from home. I am also an avid list and maker and information collector and a pretty decent researcher! I am ready to dive in and help and am not afraid to get out of my chair, get my hands dirty and make a difference.

I lost a 9 year old daughter in 2011 to a distracted driver, while I may never feel that Justice was served in my daughter's case I at the very least have the peace of mind of knowing both the name of the person who took her life and the location of her remains while so many do not have that resolution. I am driven by the idea that by doing what I can to help others, I am honoring the memory of my daughter.

Currently my sister and I are deep diving into the recovery of April Ann Cooper's remains, the Disappearance of Laurie Lucas and anyone else that may have disappeared after encountering William James Bannister. I am particularly baffled by the lack of photos, mugshots and detailed information on Bannister.

Some of my favorite research sources right now are Newspapers.com, Ancestry.com, and Land development / Geological and Architectural map archives.

I’m new here! I’m watching the Hulu episode right now. Thank you for all of the work you do and effort you put into solving these cases.The truth always comes out. Rest in peace Mr. Shakespeare.
I on that there is a trend already 4 this just so u know

I on that there is a trend already 4 this just so u know
also I’m not sure how 2 get u there on here with a link someone else probably knows but if u look up u can find it

I’m new here! I’m watching the Hulu episode right now. Thank you for all of the work you do and effort you put into solving these cases.The truth always comes out. Rest in peace Mr. Shakespeare.

also I’m not sure how 2 get u there on here with a link someone else probably knows but if u look up u can find it

The thread is here:

Hello everyone, just joined as I've stumbled across this forum a few times recently while researching and wanted to get more involved to see if I can be of any help with any cases. I work as a cleaner and am from the Isle Of Wight England. My main are of expertise at the moment is the Charles Manson Case, I have lots of the files etc and a vast knowledge of the crimes.
I also want to present other crimes and am looking into "The Alcohol Murders" from Canada, and will probably do a presentation about Fred West at some point.

Looking forward to browsing now

Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a registered nurse and university lecturer based in the UK. I have read, watched and listened to a huge array of true crimes and now I am looking to get involved with helping resolve some true crimes (plus my partner is a detective so want to prove something too haha).

I must admit I am finding all the forums overwhelming with information and everyone’s expertise so just looking around at present.

Hope to join in with everyone!

Hello, I'm new here but not new to true crime. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community.

Hello, new here, hoping maybe someone would be interested in my good friends murder, been working on her case since she went missing from Glen Burnie MD on 10/12/2018. Hoping someone will point me in the right direction cause this is all new to me. Here's one of her news stories from a year after she went missing. I have way more to discuss but need direction and help!! Thanks so much!! Missing For One Year, Melanie Meleney's Family And Friends Still Looking For Answers

Hello, new here, hoping maybe someone would be interested in my good friends murder, been working on her case since she went missing from Glen Burnie MD on 10/12/2018. Hoping someone will point me in the right direction cause this is all new to me. Here's one of her news stories from a year after she went missing. I have way more to discuss but need direction and help!! Thanks so much!! Missing For One Year, Melanie Meleney's Family And Friends Still Looking For Answers
Welcome to Ws @Sara1972!
Could not find a thread so got one started, also noticed the name mentioned twice on another thread..

Last edited:
Welcome to Ws @Sara1972!
Could not find a thread so got one started, also noticed the name mentioned twice on another thread..

Thank you! I have been trying for over four years how to put her murderer behind bars. I know a bit about her case and I represent her family and stay in contact with the detective, also had her case showcased on a few podcasts. I don't know how else to move about. There's a prime person of interest but no proof of anything. Just at a loss for what else to do.

Last edited:
I have been trying for over four years how's to put her murderer behind bars. I know a bit about her case and I represent her family and stay in contact with the detective, also had her case showcased on a few podcasts. I don't know how else to move about. There's a prime person of interest but no proof of anything. Just at a loss for what else to do.
Also I had made the connection to the finger and I have mentioned it to detective and he didn't respond.

Hello everyone! I am so happy to have found this site (through Hulu, like lots of others). I am a 44 year old crazy cat lady who loves documentaries, true crime is at the top. I've done puzzles my whole life, crossword, logic, jigsaw, and to me everything puzzle to be solved! In college I was originally going to do criminal justice but switched to IT work so I'm familiar with sleuthing online.

I'm not following any particular case, but can't wait to check the forums and help out if I can, research is something I love to do.

Thanks for letting me join!

^^bbm

Welcome to WS @TheBlueBaron.

First and most important is that unlike other internet and/or social media forums, WS is a facts-based forum where cases discussed on the main threads of the forum are all linked to prove they are true, legitimate cases and where the details of the case can be fact-checked using independent sources pre-approved by Websleuths administrators.

In OP's specific example about discussing a personal experience such as
a petty crime that had happened to them, along with all the evidence and knowledge they had about it for the purpose of trying to solve their personal case, this is not something you can do on the main thread pursuant to TOS. However, you could take your personal crime example to a private conversation (convo) where up to 20 members can be invited to join the discussion.
Thank you for answering my question so specifically. How would I go about starting a private conversation with that topic? I don't imagine messaging people at random would be very courteous, but I don't think a private conversation can be advertised either. If you could explain it to me a bit more, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

I found this website after watching Web of Death on Hulu! So excited that I found this website. I love true crime. I am from Texas and moved to Colorado about a year and a half ago. Thank y'all for the warm welcome! hello to everyone!

Thank you for answering my question so specifically. How would I go about starting a private conversation with that topic? I don't imagine messaging people at random would be very courteous, but I don't think a private conversation can be advertised either. If you could explain it to me a bit more, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

If you're wondering what I mean by asking how these forums work and what their purpose is, allow me to give you an example. If someone were to post a situation of petty crime that had happened to them, along with all the evidence and knowledge they had about it in the interest of sharing a case that was currently unsolved, would that be ideal for opening up the forums to discussion about it and giving the sleuths here a chance to test their skills?

Or is this forum more about members looking at famous, more serious cases (not brought up by members) that have been in the news and gone unsolved?
^^rsbm

Confirming messaging random members and/or advertising convo is not appropriate.

Given WS is dedicated to discussing public cases with verifiable sources, I think OP's stated idea would really require OP to participate in ongoing threads and become acquainted with others to privately introduce your idea. Personally, I don't have time outside the public forum. Best of luck.

Hello All,

I'm new to the site after watching Web of Death on Hulu, lol. I've always been into true crime but now it has almost become an obsession, in a good way lol. I'm starting my own podcast that will feature true crime, but it will be for the lgbtqia community. I would love to get their story out as much as possible. If you have any unsolved crimes, missing persons, or anything that you would like to shed light on,<modsnip> I will make sure to do my due diligence to get the story out. I also would like to see if I'm able to put input into other cases as I've watched a ton of true crime docs and shows and I'm always trying to find the person. I'm hoping that I can contribute to helping provide some type of justice to the families. Have a great night!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the LISK victims, an Asian male, is often believed to be a gay/bisexual crossdressing man or a trans woman.

Also, welcome to the forums

Hello All,

I'm new to the site after watching Web of Death on Hulu, lol. I've always been into true crime but now it has almost become an obsession, in a good way lol. I'm starting my own podcast that will feature true crime, but it will be for the lgbtqia community. I would love to get their story out as much as possible. If you have any unsolved crimes, missing persons, or anything that you would like to shed light on, please send me a message and I will make sure to do my due diligence to get the story out. I also would like to see if I'm able to put input into other cases as I've watched a ton of true crime docs and shows and I'm always trying to find the person. I'm hoping that I can contribute to helping provide some type of justice to the families. Have a great night!
Welcome to WS! :)
My first thoughts are...
Julie Doe, an unidentified trans woman found dead in Florida in 1988 - 2752UMFL
Mia Santiago, a missing black trans woman last seen in Brooklyn in 2005 - Mia Santiago
Mark Dribin, a gay man missing from Oregon in 1999 - someone has been charged in his case, but his remains were never recovered - MARK DRIBIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard