Meredith Kercher murdered - Amanda Knox convicted, now appeals #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
so right miley pretty hard to state with 100% certainty while you are asleep :giggle:

I hope everyone has had a look at the Injustice in Perugia site where the great Steve Moore, retired FBI guy, and expert on all aspects of the Knox case, has said "The tactics used in the documentary were unconscionable. For instance, a statement was made by Barbie Nadeau, a food critic-turned crime-writer for this trial"

Steve should do his homework before he opens his mouth ... and I'll let this stand as my reason for not taken this retired man seriously regarding anything that comes out of his mouth.

cant help you out i will wait till a movie with class is made before i watch it

i believe malkmus mentioned one from a reporters point of view rather than alot of violence which hurt the Kercher family and misrepresentations that again hurt the Kerchers, AK, and RS

I honestly don't know, otto. Perhaps Allusonz will weigh in. She seems to understand these things better than I.

oh you mean the gps that tells you to take a right and it turns out to be a cliff.....thanks but think i will pass

i have enough foot and mouth disease without help from a gps :floorlaugh:

So bottom line: RS and AK DO have alibis, each other. Unfortunately for them, ILE got them both to make contradictory statements on the infamous "Night of a Thousand Statements" and so their alibis will always be doubted by some.

I for one find it very significant that RS returned to his alibi statement in support of AK. Given the paucity of forensic evidence, it might have served him greatly to continue to claim AK was gone for much of the night. And yet he declined to do so. I wonder why?

(It does not appear that AK and RS continue to be infatuated with one another.)

So true!!!

I hope everyone has had a look at the Injustice in Perugia site where the great Steve Moore, retired FBI guy, and expert on all aspects of the Knox case, has said "The tactics used in the documentary were unconscionable. For instance, a statement was made by Barbie Nadeau, a food critic-turned crime-writer for this trial"

Steve should do his homework before he opens his mouth ... and I'll let this stand as my reason for not taken this retired man seriously regarding anything that comes out of his mouth.

{mod snip}

Steve Moore has a point. Barbie Nadeau has made several factual errors, as I've already listed. Candace Dempsey has not.

The difference is distance. There are some 80+ miles between Modesto and the Berkeley Marina, IIRC.

As you have pointed out to me, all the known events in MK's murder and the lives of the accused took place within a few blocks.

Correct there would be a circumference from the tower which is very difficult when towers are very close together compared to further apart

This is one of the variables i referred to earlier

Regardless, Knox was pinpointed between two other towers, and not in Raffaele's apartment.

Would you perhaps have the distance that this covered? Usually it is not a pinpoint, it is a much LARGER area

Neither to both questions, so what's your point?

Do you have a problem with people knowing which facts the movie misrepresented? Or would you rather people watch it and form an opinion based on things that never happened?

I read part of the 4 page link early this morning and after reading that the interrogation was more than 50 hours, and not the 13 that Knox claimed in the movie, I concluded that this was the same misinformation that has been circulated by the PR team. In fact, the family claimed at first that it was 54 hours, then 41, then 14, and the movie said 13. The truth is that two hours after questioning began on Nov 5, Knox claims she was popped on the back of the head twice, and then out popped Lumumba.

By all means, let's stick to the facts.

Thank you very much, fred.

So the basic trajectory of RS' statements more or less matches that of AK's statements:

1. Rock solid alibi.
2. Bends to pressure of interrogation.
3. Accuses someone else.
4. Returns to alibi.

As with AK, the sequence is entirely consistent with someone dealing poorly with the pressure of interrogation.

Perhaps it's also consistent with a guilty suspect lying badly, but it's harder for me to follow the train of thinking if that was the case.

Man, I must wonder what was in those vending machines that enabled them to change stories on the same night same time and both recant

Maybe it was police intuition

{mod snip}

Steve Moore has a point. Barbie Nadeau has made several factual errors, as I've already listed. Candace Dempsey has not.

I didn't know that Barbie Nadeau was a food critic.

One point the movie certainly got right was that Knox called mom before anything happened. Even mom thought there was something wrong with that, and so did police. We know that Knox wasn't all that concerned until police were about to break down the door ... she showered in the cottage even though she found the front door wide open and a bloody foot print on the bath mat. Knox claimed that Meredith routinely locked her bedroom. Why did she call mom before anything happened?

Isn't it Dempsey that did the article about the inaccuracies you posted earlier? I think it was, but I don't want to go back to check.

I have a question, whoever wrote the article. She said that the police did NOT see any footprints, only a shoe print from Rudy. So what are the pictures we have been looking at in earlier posts? They look like foot prints to me, not shoe prints?

I'll go back and look at the article and post the quote, so maybe someone can explain it to me. BRB,

Salem

ETA: here is the quote:

13. Lifetime police see footprints outlined in luminol immediately at the scene and conclude the break-in was staged. In real life, they found no footprints in the murder room, only Rudy’s bloody shoe prints. Cops do not test or analyze evidence at the scene. They arrested Amanda before the tests even came back.

Here is the link again: http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/2011/02/22/amanda-knox-movie-flunks-truthiness-101/

And yes - it is Dempsey

There was a part in the movie that showed Raffaele secretly calling the Carabinieri after the postal police had arrived. That action and the timeline surrounding it doesnt make much sense.

They want us to believe that the postal police arrived at around 12:30 and were there for a full 30-40 minutes before Filomena and the rest arrive and the decision was made to break down the door. This is an awfully long time for the postal poilice to be standing around a break-in without notifying anyone.

It is makes much more sense that Raffaele calls his sister, then the Caribinieri- like he said. A couple minutes later the postal police arrive to find AK and RS waiting outside. Why else would they just be sitting outside waiting if they had not already called?

They give a tour of the scene for a few minutes til an alarmed Filomena arrives, the situation is reviewed again about the robbery, the phones, and the locked door, and a few minutes after that the body is discovered. So a total of 10-20min from arrival to discovery, not 30-40 as is implied by the prosecution.

Anyone know how this was addressed by the defense? Seems that with the CCTV footage (and proving the time stamps were slow) it should have been relatively easy to debunk.

very valid point trillian

and is included in the testimony that in fact RS had called the Caribinieri prior to the postal police arriving

I believe it had to do with the garage CCTV being 10 minutes slow :)

oh you mean the gps that tells you to take a right and it turns out to be a cliff.....thanks but think i will pass

i have enough foot and mouth disease without help from a gps :floorlaugh:

Yes, I mean the global positioning system that is used to track cell phone locations.

Isn't it Dempsey that did the article about the inaccuracies you posted earlier? I think it was, but I don't want to go back to check.

I have a question, whoever wrote the article. She said that the police did NOT see any footprints, only a shoe print from Rudy. So what are the pictures we have been looking at in earlier posts? They look like foot prints to me, not shoe prints?

I'll go back and look at the article and post the quote, so maybe someone can explain it to me. BRB,

Salem

13. Lifetime police see footprints outlined in luminol immediately at the scene and conclude the break-in was staged. In real life, they found no footprints in the murder room, only Rudy’s bloody shoe prints. Cops do not test or analyze evidence at the scene. They arrested Amanda before the tests even came back.

Here is the link again: http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/2011/02/22/amanda-knox-movie-flunks-truthiness-101/

And yes - it is Dempsey

here is another one Salem there are actually quite a few of them

http://injusticeinperugia.org/footprints-04.html

ETA: Stephanoni stated on the stand that she did not test these for blood and it turned out in fact that they were tested. This was some of the information that the defense of both AK and RG were trying to get from the prosecution

Salem

And yes - it is Dempsey

oh i see what the confusion is

some footprints were in blood but none attributed to AK or RS

there were footprints detected with luminol which were tested for blood but were negative (obviously these could not be seen by the naked eye)

here is another one Salem there are actually quite a few of them

http://injusticeinperugia.org/footprints-04.html

ETA: Stephanoni stated on the stand that she did not test these for blood and it turned out in fact that they were tested. This was some of the information that the defense of both AK and RG were trying to get from the prosecution

Thanks Allusonz! Okay - I'm confused. My question is: were there bloody footprints?

From your post, I'm gathering that there were bloody footprints - but that Stephanoni said she did not test the blood for DNA? or that it was even blood?

And we have been looking at the pictures right? The pictures of the footprints are legitimate, right? They came from the evidence files somewhere, right?

Salem

oh i see what the confusion is

some footprints were in blood but none attributed to AK or RS

there were footprints detected with luminol which were tested for blood but were negative (obviously these could not be seen by the naked eye)

Okay - I think I get it now! She wasn't talking about the footprints in the pictures. She was talking about other footprints, that if they existed, could only be see with luminol. Okay..... THANK YOU!

I thought I was loosing it :) I knew we had pictures posted here of footprints :crazy:

Salem

Salem

And yes - it is Dempsey

Dempsey is in fact the food critic turned crime writer for this trial. She appears to be a voice for the Knox family, and not a reporter. There were foot prints found both on the bath mat in the bathroom and in the hallway, and luminol was needed to make the hallway prints visible.

Dempsey is really grasping at straws, even claiming that Meredith's bedroom is no larger than a table cloth. The bedroom is 13' x 12'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?