MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for your and your grandaughter's loss.
Schools should be safe.

I've watched these school massacres play out - Columbine, Sandy Hook, Parkland, among others - and never imagined that there would be one of these tragic situations in the county where I've lived for more than 40 years. Parents send their children to school with the expectation that they will be safe, receive a quality education, socialize with their classmates and friends, participate in extra-curricular activities, and be prepared for higher education or enter the work force when they graduate. Having to worry about the safety of children while they're in school should not be part of the process of educating our youth. JMO

Last edited:
rbbm.
Michigan high school shooting: Students grabbed scissors for self-defense and escaped out a window in rampage that killed 3 and injured 8 - CNN
''The weapon deputies said was used in the shooting, a 9MM Sig Sauer SP2022 semiautomatic pistol, was purchased by the suspect's father on Friday, four days before shots rang out at the school, Bouchard said.''

''Video from the school shows the assailant was "shooting people at close range -- oftentimes toward the head or chest," Bouchard told CNN's "New Day" on Wednesday.
"It's chilling. It's absolutely cold-hearted, murderous," Bouchard said.
The assailant "tried to breach classroom doors," the sheriff said.
"He actually fired through a number of the doors that I looked at last night -- through the barricaded doors. ... Some of those barricades were struck by gunfire," Bouchard said Wednesday.''

''Michigan law prevents police from talking to a juvenile without parental permission, and the parents have refused that permission and requested a lawyer, Bouchard said.''

''This district has been very good in training their personnel and their students on active shooters," Undersheriff Michael McCabe said Tuesday.
Kluska's teacher, Moises Cortez, jumped into action after a lockdown was announced over the school's loudspeakers, said the student who recorded video of his classmates escaping through a window.
"He shut the door and put, like, a metal doorstopper so no one would be able to kick in the door." Kluska told CNN. "After he turned off the lights, he told us to get to the corner because this might not be a drill and he wants to be safe."

School districts reach out to families to ease fears, urge vigilance (detroitnews.com)

School districts in Michigan are responding Wednesday with messages to parents and students to keep safety a priority a day after three students were killed at Oxford High School and eight others are hospitalized with gunshot wounds.

Along with words of grief and tips and resources to support students dealing with the aftermath of a crisis so close to home, districts say they are reviewing their safety procedures and urge people to report any threats that they see or hear...

The Michigan school shooting suspect allegedly declared “now I become death” and posted a picture of the semi-automatic handgun used in the massacre on social media before he opened fire on classmates and teachers at Oxford High School, according to reports.

“It’s my understanding, again, that this was a recent weapon purchase,” Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said Tuesday night about the 9mm Sig Sauer SP 2022 pistol the suspect’s father bought on Black Friday.

“He had been shooting with it and posted pictures of a target and the weapon. That’s all part of what’s being looked at. We’re going to do a deep dive on the social media and all the activities of this young man,” he added about the 15-year-old Oxford High School sophomore, CNN reported.

Oxford HS suspect allegedly posted pics of gun before massacre

Based on his social media presence, it's obvious this boy had serious emotional/mental/life issues. How can a parent not notice this??? I am grateful that my daughter did not grow up with social media (she's in her mid-40's), but had FB, TT, Insta, etc. been available then, I think I'd have been one of those parents that closely monitors on-line activity, esp. if I felt there was a good reason to. This is all so tragic and so preventable. Am pro 2A, but my word...LOCK THOSE WEAPONS UP.

17-year-old boy becomes 4th student to die from Oxford High School shooting (clickondetroit.com)

Justin Shilling dies at McLaren Oakland Hospital

OXFORD, Mich. – A 17-year-old boy has become the fourth student to die from a shooting that happened Tuesday inside Oxford High School, officials said.

Justin Shilling, 17, died around 10:45 a.m. Wednesday (Dec. 1) at McLaren Oakland Hospital in Pontiac, according to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office...

Boy, 17, the 4th to die in Oxford High-shooting (detroitnews.com)

Pontiac — A fourth victim has died in Tuesday's shooting at Oxford High School, police announced Wednesday. Justin Shilling was 17. He died about 10 a.m. at McLaren Hospital in Pontiac, according to authorities.

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard says Oxford is a "quiet sweet community that had its innocence shattered" Tuesday, when a 15-year-old boy allegedly pulled a handgun and shot 11 people, killing four classmates...

Fourth Oxford High School shooting victim dies
''During a press briefing Tuesday evening, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard gave more information about the three victims of the shooting.

• 16-year-old Tate Myre died inside a patrol car while deputies were taking him to the hospital
  • 14-year-old Hana St. Juliana
  • 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin
  • 17-year-old Justin Shilling
Bouchard did not elaborate on where St. Julian and Baldwin died.

Bouchard also gave more information about the other victims who, as of 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday, are still alive and being treated:

• Another victim is a 14-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head and jaw. He's in serious condition.
  • A 17-year-old girl is stable after being shot in the neck.
  • Another victim, a 15-year-old boy, was shot in the leg and is stable.
  • A 47-year-old teacher was grazed with a bullet.
  • A 14-year-old girl is fighting for her life with chest and neck wounds. The sheriff said she's currently on a ventilator after surgery.
  • The final victim is a 17-year-old girl who was shot in the chest and is in critical condition.''

Last edited:
School districts reach out to families to ease fears, urge vigilance (detroitnews.com)

School districts in Michigan are responding Wednesday with messages to parents and students to keep safety a priority a day after three students were killed at Oxford High School and eight others are hospitalized with gunshot wounds.

Along with words of grief and tips and resources to support students dealing with the aftermath of a crisis so close to home, districts say they are reviewing their safety procedures and urge people to report any threats that they see or hear...

I'm a HS teacher on the other side of the state. We have a sheriff's deputy that will be in and out of our building and our middle school through the rest of the week. Lots of resources being shared to students, teachers and families and more obvious administrative presence in the hallways.

My thoughts go out to all of those impacted by this latest tragedy. Unbelievable that this keeps happening.

17-year-old boy becomes 4th student to die from Oxford High School shooting (clickondetroit.com)

Justin Shilling dies at McLaren Oakland Hospital

OXFORD, Mich. – A 17-year-old boy has become the fourth student to die from a shooting that happened Tuesday inside Oxford High School, officials said.

Justin Shilling, 17, died around 10:45 a.m. Wednesday (Dec. 1) at McLaren Oakland Hospital in Pontiac, according to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office...

Boy, 17, the 4th to die in Oxford High-shooting (detroitnews.com)

Pontiac — A fourth victim has died in Tuesday's shooting at Oxford High School, police announced Wednesday. Justin Shilling was 17. He died about 10 a.m. at McLaren Hospital in Pontiac, according to authorities.

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard says Oxford is a "quiet sweet community that had its innocence shattered" Tuesday, when a 15-year-old boy allegedly pulled a handgun and shot 11 people, killing four classmates...

Another post that is impossible to "like", but appreciate the information. Very sad.

I’m curious to know if the parents bought this gun as a gift for the kid? I read above that he was posting pics of it and target practice. Was that supervised? Maybe he stole the gun from the father, I don’t know but it sure sounds like the firearm wasn’t properly secured.

Oxford High suspect named, charged with murder, other crimes (detroitnews.com)

Pontiac — Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald has charged 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley with numerous felony counts, including murder and terrorism in a Tuesday shooting at Oxford High School that killed four students and wounded seven.

McDonald said overall she approved charging Crumbley with one count of terrorism causing death, four counts of first-degree murder, seven counts of assault with intent to murder and 12 counts of possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony for Crumbley.

McDonald said she'd only say the name of the suspect once, adding "we want to keep our focus on the victims of this horrific tragedy."...

15-year-old Ethan Crumbley charged as adult in Oxford High School shooting (clickondetroit.com)

Prosecutors considering charges against parents

OXFORD, Mich. – A 15-year-old sophomore from Oxford High School has been charged in connection with a shooting inside the school that left four students dead and seven people injured...

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald announced charges at 2 p.m. Wednesday.

Ethan Crumbley is charged with one count of terrorism causing death, four counts of first-degree murder, seven counts of assault with intent to murder and 12 counts of possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony...

He is being charged as an adult, authorities said.

Michigan prosecutor identified 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley as the suspect in the Oxford High School shooting and charged him with four counts of first-degree murder, among other criminal charges
https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1466131813764669441?s=21

He allegedly posted a chilling countdown on Instagram hours before the shooting, Fox 2 Detroit reported. The post read: “Now I become death -- destroyer of worlds -- see you tomorrow Oxford.”
Oxford school shooting: Suspect Ethan Crumbley charged with murder and terrorism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther