GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a big concern of mine as well.

I haven't even been able to read comments on news articles or even look here on Websleuths since the arraignment. I know that the victim blaming will be an inevitable part of his defense. That's what happens when scumbags try to save their own *advertiser censored* - I just need to brace myself for it.

This week was rough emotionally with the developments with Chelsea's case happening at the same time as Sierah Joughin's abduction/murder. (I know Sierah's mom, stepfather, and younger siblings.) The past 10 days or so have been an emotional roller coaster.

What are the chances of someone having such close ties to both of these girls, with arrests on the same day? How awful for you, sls. I am completely dumbfounded. My heart goes out to you, as it breaks into tiny pieces for each family member dealing with these deaths. May justice come swiftly for both.... the families have a difficult path ahead.

:grouphug:

Regardless of an attorney's personal feelings about a case, he/she, whether court-appointed or hired by a suspect, has an obligation to their client and the court to provide a rigorous defense. At the conclusion of a trial, if the defendant is convicted of his/her crime and feels that his attorney failed to provide adequate counsel that can be proven during the appeals process, the verdict can be overturned. Most attorneys don't want to have their case come under this type of scrutiny, so they do the best they can for their client regardless of personal feelings about the suspect. :moo:

Unbelievable! I guess I shouldn't be surprised with this world we live in.

I think Chelsea's social media accounts should be closed down so that the lawyer cannot abuse them to his client's advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a big concern of mine as well.

I haven't even been able to read comments on news articles or even look here on Websleuths since the arraignment. I know that the victim blaming will be an inevitable part of his defense. That's what happens when scumbags try to save their own *advertiser censored* - I just need to brace myself for it.

This week was rough emotionally with the developments with Chelsea's case happening at the same time as Sierah Joughin's abduction/murder. (I know Sierah's mom, stepfather, and younger siblings.) The past 10 days or so have been an emotional roller coaster.

Prayers to you and Sierahs family. I need to brace myself as well as the whole community here. Her poor family doesn't need to be victimized yet again, this time in court by an attorney to get this off. It doesn't matter what Chelsea or any victim for that matter posts on social media, what clothing they wear, what activities they engage in consensually, they do not deserve the crime perpetrated on them and it seems so unjust that these things come out in court and can be used as if it's actually a valid defense. It's sickening

Didn't he already confess to his girlfriend that he killed Chelsea "accidentally"? If so then they have to prove it wasn't an accident. Let's just say they fail at proving it was intentional. What would his sentencing be for moving her body, hiding her clothes, etc etc

Didn't he already confess to his girlfriend that he killed Chelsea "accidentally"? If so then they have to prove it wasn't an accident. Let's just say they fail at proving it was intentional. What would his sentencing be for moving her body, hiding her clothes, etc etc

Given that DC hasn't owned a vehicle (that I know of, anyway), his attorney is likely to assert that Clay would have had to help to dispose of a body, etc. and that he didn't act alone. This just might be enough to plant reasonable doubt in the minds of jurors. :moo:

I think it's worthwhile to reflect on some of what "Rootless" and "The Hero" stated they saw that night.

A good prosecutor knows how to extract facts from fantasy. I think they'd make great witnesses.

A good prosecutor knows how to extract facts from fantasy. I think they'd make great witnesses.

I think there will be many twists and turns in this case before its conclusion. Some might not shed a favorable light on the victim, but that's how our system of "justice" works, like it or not.

Rootless is a blogger who posted theories about Chelsea's murder, and claimed to have been close by when/where he believes it happened. He has been discredited by many for allegedly being unstable. Even if that is true, I found parts of his claims to be compelling, and with merit.

"The Hero" is a nickname I gave the young man "h.b." Who claimed to attempt to assist Chelsea the night of the party. He said she was being hassled by two men,etc. he was later discredited and even charged for a false report I believe.
I think he recanted out of fear, and I 100% believe his story. Just my opinion of course.

Such a large cast in this tragic story....and much more to be revealed. Much more.

Regardless of an attorney's personal feelings about a case, he/she, whether court-appointed or hired by a suspect, has an obligation to their client and the court to provide a rigorous defense. At the conclusion of a trial, if the defendant is convicted of his/her crime and feels that his attorney failed to provide adequate counsel that can be proven during the appeals process, the verdict can be overturned. Most attorneys don't want to have their case come under this type of scrutiny, so they do the best they can for their client regardless of personal feelings about the suspect. :moo:

Well put! The odds of the system convicting the right person - and not one of the rest of us - are better when each person is doing their bit conscientiously, including the defense attorney, and including when the accused is a .

Thinking about how he transported Chelsea if he didn't have a car. Who helped him, and why is he staying silent about that?

I've said many times that I'm not into the social media thing, but I recall a short video on one of Chelsea's SM sites. Some of you probably know the one I mean ;) I'm afraid that DC's defense attorney will get some mileage from that video :(

Those reposts by Chelsea - racy clips of professional models - were pretty tame by modern standards. I don't see that they say much about her at all.

Six different booking photos .... click the picture to scroll through and read the description/dates

https://www.facebook.com/monroenews...03233041691/10154389613531692/?type=3&theater

Here's Clay from a 2014 booking photo:
Screenshot%2B2016-07-30%2Bat%2B2.02.08%2BAM.png

Here's a police sketch of a nameless person (sometimes referred to as "Sketchy Guy") police wanted to find since the early days of the investigation as "a man last seen with Chelsea Bruck."

Screenshot 2016-07-30 at 2.18.18 AM.png

Here's the recently (6/9/16) released sketch of a person of interest. "Police are searching for a man who attended the party, believed to have additional investigative information for detectives."

poi%u00252B2016%u00252Bsketch.png

Thinking about how he transported Chelsea if he didn't have a car. Who helped him, and why is he staying silent about that?

My guess would be that he may have been seeing someone at the time and borrowed her car, I'm sure LE are trying to find the vehicle if they haven't already

I think there will be many twists and turns in this case before its conclusion. Some might not shed a favorable light on the victim, but that's how our system of "justice" works, like it or not.
Perfectly stated

I think it's worthwhile to reflect on some of what "Rootless" and "The Hero" stated they saw that night.

I don't know about "The Hero". I remember him in the beginning. Maybe there is kernel of truth there - or not. But "Rootless" is a different story altogether. "Rootless", if I remember correctly, may have schizophrenia. If that is true, those that suffer from it have difficulty determining what is real and what is not. He MAY have witnessed SOMETHING, but may not be able to distinguish between what is real and what is not. Everything he wrote may be true and he is not sure. Or part of it is and he can't determine which part that is true. OR he saw he something on the news and none of it is. If he truly suffers from schizophrenia I would think it is worth a look by LE.

I don't know about "The Hero". I remember him in the beginning. Maybe there is kernel of truth there - or not. But "Rootless" is a different story altogether. "Rootless", if I remember correctly, may have schizophrenia. If that is true, those that suffer from it have difficulty determining what is real and what is not. He MAY have witnessed SOMETHING, but may not be able to distinguish between what is real and what is not. Everything he wrote may be true and he is not sure. Or part of it is and he can't determine which part that is true. OR he saw he something on the news and none of it is. If he truly suffers from schizophrenia I would think it is worth a look by LE.

I found the site the other day he posted his story on. The story he wrote about that night is gone but he is still posting about other happenings on it. Thought that was interesting that it wasn't a one time thing for him and he continues to contribute his thoughts on other topics. I'll see if I can find it although it doesn't relate to this story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's Clay from a 2014 booking photo:
Screenshot%2B2016-07-30%2Bat%2B2.02.08%2BAM.png

Here's a police sketch of a nameless person (sometimes referred to as "Sketchy Guy") police wanted to find since the early days of the investigation as "a man last seen with Chelsea Bruck."

View attachment 99098

Here's the recently (6/9/16) released sketch of a person of interest. "Police are searching for a man who attended the party, believed to have additional investigative information for detectives."

View attachment 99097

They found and spoke to the man pictured in June I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members