GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about "The Hero". I remember him in the beginning. Maybe there is kernel of truth there - or not. But "Rootless" is a different story altogether. "Rootless", if I remember correctly, may have schizophrenia. If that is true, those that suffer from it have difficulty determining what is real and what is not. He MAY have witnessed SOMETHING, but may not be able to distinguish between what is real and what is not. Everything he wrote may be true and he is not sure. Or part of it is and he can't determine which part that is true. OR he saw he something on the news and none of it is. If he truly suffers from schizophrenia I would think it is worth a look by LE.

Yes, if the blogger referenced suffers from thought disorder, then it will require additional expertise to sort through. This being considered, I still believe some of his content to be compelling and worth consideration. Most definitely.

I think there will be many twists and turns in this case before its conclusion. Some might not shed a favorable light on the victim, but that's how our system of "justice" works, like it or not.

Well put! The odds of the system convicting the right person - and not one of the rest of us - are better when each person is doing their bit conscientiously, including the defense attorney, and including when the accused is a .

I don't know about "The Hero". I remember him in the beginning. Maybe there is kernel of truth there - or not. But "Rootless" is a different story altogether. "Rootless", if I remember correctly, may have schizophrenia. If that is true, those that suffer from it have difficulty determining what is real and what is not. He MAY have witnessed SOMETHING, but may not be able to distinguish between what is real and what is not. Everything he wrote may be true and he is not sure. Or part of it is and he can't determine which part that is true. OR he saw he something on the news and none of it is. If he truly suffers from schizophrenia I would think it is worth a look by LE.

I think LE probably feels comfortable with their case given the DNA evidence. At this point I doubt they'd muddy up their case with someone who may suffer from schizophrenia in the case of rootless or with HB who was charged with lying to LE. you're spot on saying rootless, if mentally ill may very well believe the things he initially stated but those things very well may be just a manifestation of his illness.

Those reposts by Chelsea - racy clips of professional models - were pretty tame by modern standards. I don't see that they say much about her at all.

I respect your take on the video clips, but I did not think when viewing them that they were "nothing". I recall being shocked and saddened because those video clips went against everything that I knew about Chelsea and her family. That is precisely what DC's attorney will be looking for: Jurors who might know about the case but not all the tiny tidbits that those of us who have scoured the media and social media for nearly two years have gleaned. There may very well be younger jurors who will think nothing of the lewd videos, but others might regard them as I did. I doubt the video clips will make the defense's case, but they might be just enough to plant seeds of reasonable doubt. :moo:

It will be interesting to see what jurors are picked. If they find a "jury of his peers" then they will be a crew of dope smoking slackers.

It will be interesting to see what jurors are picked. If they find a "jury of his peers" then they will be a crew of dope smoking slackers.

It still surprises me when people say they haven't heard of this story before. I feel most every one in the county would be somehow connected to her or her family in some way or know of this guy and his group. I know I'm making a huge assumption and generalization/exaggeration. But then again if I didn't read about it on here, the news kind of went quiet for awhile there. I guess it seems to me like everyone knows bc I'm always talking to my family and friends about it. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It surprises me too. It's a pretty small community here and you're right the degrees of separation are very small

It surprises me too. It's a pretty small community here and you're right the degrees of separation are very small

And this is why I believe there will be a change of venue. Probably should be. Too small a town for impartiality. Everyone knows someone. Remember the Turnquist *advertiser censored* trial? You had a "cheer squad" all in red shirts in the courtroom. Bizarre.
Similar antics should be avoided early on by taking this serious case to a bigger venue, IMO. Chelsea deserves Justice, not a circus sideshow. If the Turnquist trial was representative of how the Monroe courts manage a courtroom, then it should be moved.

Quote of Forager:
Those reposts by Chelsea - racy clips of professional models - were pretty tame by modern standards. I don't see that they say much about her at all.

I respect your take on the video clips, but I did not think when viewing them that they were "nothing". I recall being shocked and saddened because those video clips went against everything that I knew about Chelsea and her family. That is precisely what DC's attorney will be looking for: Jurors who might know about the case but not all the tiny tidbits that those of us who have scoured the media and social media for nearly two years have gleaned. There may very well be younger jurors who will think nothing of the lewd videos, but others might regard them as I did. I doubt the video clips will make the defense's case, but they might be just enough to plant seeds of reasonable doubt. :moo:

Granted. You can't know what people will make of material like that, and it's a safe bet that some will make the worst of it. Many's the scolding I've given my kids about what they put on line, and many the rolled eyes I've gotten in return. Now that they are a bit older, however, they get it and agree with me. I'm reminded of a Tommy Lee Jones movie. As a grizzled veteran, he recommends pantyhose to a soldier who has to serve guard duty in the cold. "Just don't get shot with them on. You'll never live it down."

Thank you for injecting some much needed humor Forager! This is why I always clean my house before going on a trip. In case I die, I don't want anyone thinking I'm a slob. :blushing:

And this is why I believe there will be a change of venue. Probably should be. Too small a town for impartiality. Everyone knows someone. Remember the Turnquist *advertiser censored* trial? You had a "cheer squad" all in red shirts in the courtroom. Bizarre.
Similar antics should be avoided early on by taking this serious case to a bigger venue, IMO. Chelsea deserves Justice, not a circus sideshow. If the Turnquist trial was representative of how the Monroe courts manage a courtroom, then it should be moved.

Historically there's not a huge precedent for changes of venue here. Possibly because Michigan isn't a DP state. Similar situation in Armada with April Millsap,also a very small community no change of venue. His attorney may try, we shall see. Given his charge is 2nd degree I think it's more unlikely but you never know

Personally, I don't think there will be a problem with having the trial here. Monroe COUNTY is quite large. The people in one small city/village/town don't seem to know much about the others. For instance, Maybee people don't know much about Dundee people. The voter pool will be large enough to find a good jury. Even though the story was front-page news for a long time, I often encountered a lot of people who barely paid attention to it other than to know "a girl went missing from a party." Not many follow cases as well as WS people.

Personally, I don't think there will be a problem with having the trial here. Monroe COUNTY is quite large. The people in one small city/village/town don't seem to know much about the others. For instance, Maybee people don't know much about Dundee people. The voter pool will be large enough to find a good jury. Even though the story was front-page news for a long time, I often encountered a lot of people who barely paid attention to it other than to know "a girl went missing from a party." Not many follow cases as well as WS people.

I agree. I'd be very surprised it it's even requested by DCs attorney and more surprised if the court allowed it

Thank you for injecting some much needed humor Forager! This is why I always clean my house before going on a trip. In case I die, I don't want anyone thinking I'm a slob. :blushing:

Kind of like always wearing clean underwear in case you're in an accident :D

Additionally, there are actually photos of her that she posted. They are not in the same spot, but you can 100% bet that if I found them, they have, too. Of course, I would never post a link, but the photos were definitely involving nudity and what the beast who killed her is claiming. She seemed to be a healthy, active, single female. As a long time single female, I get it and it bothers me when people act like it is taboo to talk about. To act like it is taboo suggests that she was doing something wrong. Her likes, desires, and preferences are her own and didn't hurt anyone. HIS likes and preferences that caused her life to end is where the problem exists. HIS problem and his alone. Unfortunately, when we get in front of a group of people who have all kinds of sexual judgements, it will do her a disservice. My hope is that they screen for people who don't think the only "good" or "normal" sex is sex between a married man and woman in the missionary position with the lights off. The last thing she needs on her jury is judgement. And it is also the last thing she needs here. I am perfectly ok with the sexual choices she made and I hope that attitude can be shared, so her life is not shamed.

No matter what mud the defense slings, the fact that he kept items of hers as mementos speaks louder IMO.

We can't know if it was even Chelsea who posted whatever content it is you are referring to. LE could do the forensics to establish that, but it's not relevant to their prosecution. If I were the Prosecutor I would flatly assert there is no proof those were, in fact, posts Chelsea made herself.

We can't know if it was even Chelsea who posted whatever content it is you are referring to. LE could do the forensics to establish that, but it's not relevant to their prosecution. If I were the Prosecutor I would flatly assert there is no proof those were, in fact, posts Chelsea made herself.

That will be easy enough. It was posted long before she was gone, from her accounts, no doubt on her devices. I think it would be more harmful to deny it, as she didn't do anything wrong. She clearly wasn't embarrassed of her choices. She had the freedom to choose to live her life as she wanted. No where in there was the choice to be killed, dumped and her items kept as trophies.

That will be easy enough. It was posted long before she was gone, from her accounts, no doubt on her devices. I think it would be more harmful to deny it, as she didn't do anything wrong. She clearly wasn't embarrassed of her choices. She had the freedom to choose to live her life as she wanted. No where in there was the choice to be killed, dumped and her items kept as trophies.

If Chelsea hadn't wanted certain entries on her social media sites, she could have deleted them.

A grown woman having consensual rough sex or taking nudes is her choice. She should not have to die because she wanted to have some fun. To me, what screams MURDER and not an "accident", is the fact that the accused went to the trouble of hiding her body and kept a souvenir.

A grown woman having consensual rough sex or taking nudes is her choice. She should not have to die because she wanted to have some fun. To me, what screams MURDER and not an "accident", is the fact that the accused went to the trouble of hiding her body and kept a souvenir.

He can say he panicked and hid the body, but it's certainly damning. I think *what* he kept is going to do him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine